Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Blew Out on PLAID - 1.5 month wait on tires ?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lesson learned. Buy a spare tire and keep it on hand. I have the kit from Modern Spare, because I know it will be days before I can get a spare for my 19" 2020 Tesla Tires in Kentucky. Hope I never use the spare, but I have it.
They are also having supply issues:
Screenshot_20221007_132558.jpg

The rear tire blew out on my PLAID the other day and I took it to Tesla for a replacement.
Tesla is now telling me they do not have a tire for the car for 1+ month and im stuck stranded without a car. They wont even give me a loaner saying there is nothing.

They are taking this specific tire and using it to deliver new cars but not taking care of existing customers…. How is this acceptable?
Sorry guy, I got all the extra 21" tires last week 😆
PXL_20221004_220804360.jpg

Cornering the market I see.
SEMA in a few weeks and a vendor wanted to borrow the car to make some content in exchange for a set of new wheels and cup 2 tires. Hoping the adjustable camber arms get in on time so when they put their wheels on, the cup 2's don't get destroyed from the inside wear issues. Am going to try to persuade them to use the oem wheels for the driving part, and they just use the new wheels for their pics...but not sure they will go for it.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I spoke to a Tesla service advisor yesterday as my Plaid tires have weird rear tire wear. He said not to buy tires from Tesla. Reason? Too expensive, no road hazard warranty, and no warranty support. If you have a warranty issue with the tire, they can’t help you with getting anything from the tire manufacturer. He actually said that I would be better off buying from a company like Discount Tire as they will support tire issues after the sale.