Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tire Pressure Monitor Service Required" Error Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having the same issue in my Chevrolet Volt (2014) ... Perhaps its connected somehow? Is this yet another secret that's been covered up by GM?
While a similar issue I am not sure it is a cover up. It seems that TPMS have little batteries in the sending units. So every 5-8 years they will need replaced. Annoying but not unexpected. But I am willing to bet any tire store can replace the Volt where Tesla has not made this an option for us.

Here is a very amusing fix from the Lotus board: "Here's my TPMS fix. I decided not to epoxy the sensors in the wheels as suggested. I took a piece of 3" PVC pipe and drilled a hole for one of the sensors at the half way point of the tube. I then mounted that sensor in the tube with the stem sticking out and bolted the sleeve down tight (use a little silicone to ensure seal). I then used PVC glue and put end cap on one end of the tube. Then placed the other 3 sensors in the tube with a little bubble wrap (after all I'm not making a rattle). Then I removed the needle from the valve sticking out and glued on the other end cap on. When everything was dry (wait 24 hrs - don't get impatient), I replaced the needle in the valve, filled the tube to 40 psi, placed it in the trunk with velcro and sha-bang, the TPMS light when out."
I am not sure if the sensor is the same as the Elisse / Exige - Lotus Saab TPMS 13227143

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak