Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it is anything like last year it is not an event for kids. It was like a conference. With speakers all day except for lunch and coffee breaks. There is an expo to explore, but that takes about 1/2 hr and then it is quiet sitting listening to speaker or panel. I don't think it is really a kids thing.

I'm pre-registered and looking forward. Will there be entertainment? Phillip Sayce, a blues-rock guitarist, might be cool to book...

Probably not. It's a conference. But I'm guessing you're helping to promote this artist. Happy to host him at the pre-event bbq, but it's not a paid gig. I am also working on having a musician coming in from Texas, mostly blues also. They might have fun jamming together.

Edit: He'd be welcome to have a table set up for selling CDs and other stuff like t-shirts. And plenty of food and drink.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'll be joining while my wife and 7 year old daughter play tourist...

My wife came with me last year and did the same thing. She's not a big "car person" and just took off in the rental car we had and did some sightseeing and shopping on her own. After the show, we went up to Sonoma for a bit then back down to LA where my brother lives.

My wife came with me last year and did the same thing. She's not a big "car person" and just took off in the rental car we had and did some sightseeing and shopping on her own. After the show, we went up to Sonoma for a bit then back down to LA where my brother lives.

I am assuming the rental car wasn't a model S. So, you get to play with the Yesla folk, and she has to drive an ICE for the weekend? Just doesn't seem fair.

I am assuming the rental car wasn't a model S. So, you get to play with the Yesla folk, and she has to drive an ICE for the weekend? Just doesn't seem fair.

Yes, that was mentioned. She asked why you can't rent a Model S (actually, you can) and said the same thing about this year's trip. They are available, but are rare and expensive. I see Hertz pricing "starts" at $400/day and only gives you 75 miles of usage. Yikes!

Phillip Sayce

Probably not. It's a conference. But I'm guessing you're helping to promote this artist. Happy to host him at the pre-event bbq, but it's not a paid gig. I am also working on having a musician coming in from Texas, mostly blues also. They might have fun jamming together.

No, I don't represent Phillip. Just an idea....Phillip used to play in Melissa Ethridge's band. He's an amazing guitarist.

Cheers

May I politely request that the organizers provide some sort of an update on this event? I sure appreciated how things went last year, and want to make plans for 2014. I've got vacation booked and still need to make flight plans, but I'm hearing rumors this may not happen this year.

tldr; TMC Connect even registration is open for those that pre-registered. tmc-connect.com

We are excited to announce that registration for TMC Connect 2014 is now live. If you pre-registered, you now have 48 hour early access to register for the conference as well as book your hotel rooms for the weekend.

This year, TMC Connect will take place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Spa in beautiful Monterey, California. A true destination location, Monterey provides TMC Connect attendees with the opportunity to experience a wide variety of iconic, summer activities. World renowned Pebble Beach, 17-Mile Drive and the Monterey Bay Aquarium are just minutes away. Furthermore the Hyatt lies less than 10 miles from Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca where REFUEL will be held on Sunday of the conference weekend. We have secured a group rate of $199 per night at the hotel for event attendees, which is a very competitive rate for a summer weekend in Monterey.

The event will kick off with a Friday evening reception and mixer at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Spa. On Saturday, the conference will consist of a keynote address, breakout sessions, lunch time topic tables, special presentations, an expo, and other surprises. There will be talks and presentations from industry experts and community members on an array of Tesla and EV related topics. On Sunday, the fun continues with breakfast at the hotel before heading over to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, where the EV performance driving event REFUEL will take place.

The cost for the event is $400 for the conference weekend. This includes admission to the Friday reception, the entire Saturday Conference, and Sunday breakfast. Your conference badge also grants you spectator access to REFUEL as well as the option to participate in an EV Parade lap on the track. (Registration for additional performance events such as autocross and track time trials will be handled separately through REFUEL.) Those who only wish to go to the Saturday Conference can purchase a single day access pass for $350. Admission to just the Friday reception is $80 and if you want to buy family or friends breakfast on Sunday, it is $35 per person. These are early bird prices available for a limited time; prices will increase closer to the event.

Of course, this event would not be possible if it were not for the generous contributions from the people who support TMC and TMC Connect. If you wish to further contribute to this event and the community, you can become a Supporter for $1000 or a Patron for $2000. Supporters and Patrons are automatically given full conference weekend access which includes admission to the Friday reception, Saturday conference, Sunday breakfast, and REFUEL. Additionally, Supporters and Patrons will be granted priority seating at the conference talks, an honorable mentions in the written program, and a thank you gift for their contributions.

We are ecstatic about the positive reception that the community has had for our TMC events. We had a large number of people pre-register for this year’s users conference, and there are a limited number of spaces available, so register now to secure your access pass and hotel reservation.

Registration is now live here: https://www.teslamotorsclub.com/connect/registration/