Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Window tint, or not Window tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any pics paulp?

Mine's obsidian black too with dark grey rims. I think tinted windows will complete the look.
Identical colour combination to mine. I'll take some pics for you tomorrow. I'm a fan of black on black, so you might be able work out my interior choices as well. In my opinion the tinting made a dramatic improvement to the look of an already great exterior.

I also got mine done at 35% using SunTek ceramic tint. It made a big difference last summer (and looks great).

image.jpeg

No screen at all. The screen is metalised and does seem to prevent some heat penetration. You can tell that because of the difficulty of find a spot where toll transponders will work. ( right at the very top of the screen just the left of electronics cluster. Possibly same spot on the right as well, but must be up touching the roof liner.).

Would 75% Photosync on all side windows and the 55% on back still provide good heat rejection? Thought about 55% back side windows but wasn't sure how having 75% front and 55% back would look. Thanks.

Would 75% Photosync on all side windows and the 55% on back still provide good heat rejection? Thought about 55% back side windows but wasn't sure how having 75% front and 55% back would look. Thanks.

Hey dsm363, fancy seeing you here in the Aussie forum :)

Ive heard a lot of great things about the PhotoSync tint on this and other forums, but unfortunately it is not available in Australia (at least that's the case a couple of months ago). I asked my detailer if he could order some from the US, but apparently PhotoSync requires a substantial upfront commitment before they'd sell you any, and it wasn't viable for a small business like him, especially since I was the only one asking for this tint. I ended up going with Johnson Insulatir.

No screen at all. The screen is metalised and does seem to prevent some heat penetration. You can tell that because of the difficulty of find a spot where toll transponders will work. ( right at the very top of the screen just the left of electronics cluster. Possibly same spot on the right as well, but must be up touching the roof liner.).
You tell me now dborn! I've finally discovered that location (on the right side) as the only place inside the car that my garage remote works. Need homelink!. Velcro'd the remote up there and it works well.

omniwolf....I guess these guys:

Head Office: Universal Tint & Auto Centre Pty Ltd
73 Winbourne Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100
ABN: 45 111 644 681
Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday by appointment only
Ph: (02) 9905 7488
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.universaltint.com.au

I'd like to know someone in Melbourne?

-ECIT

... and I'd like to know someone on Gold Coast, or Brisbane

thanks, went through it and found an installer. Sent them an email, but they don't seem to have done Teslas in the past. Seems reputable, however, and good reviews on the web.

the 3M crystalline stuff is about $600 more expensive than the "standard" 3M Colour Stable tint, so I don't think i'll go with it.

Also i've been doing some research into the opticoat paint protection side of things. It seems the best stuff right now is the GTechniq Crystal Serum (CS). More expensive than the "standard" GTechniq Crystal Lacquer (C1), but new technology etc etc and only about $100 more expensive. Both CS and C1 seem to be better than opticoat. The installer will do both tinting and paint protection which is convenient.

[edit] ECIT they were the mob i found as well. Colin - they have an presence in the central coast.. a bit better than sydney, but still a long way from you :( [/edit]