Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pic in front of the factory is in very bright sunlight, and the color is lighter, but the picture is lighter then the eye sees.

2013-04-12 15.12.30.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2013-04-12 15.59.04.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-04-12 15.12.07r.jpg
    2013-04-12 15.12.07r.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 952
You all maybe to young to remember Candy Apple Red, that was hot in the 60's. This reminds me of that to a certain degree, hard to tell unless you are up close and personnel. Anyway, I agree with everyone that even in pictures it is amazing!!!

The candy-apple red I recall had big metal flakes in it.

DLM270 -

Now that your the official 'Dean' of this thread, having received the very first factory delivery, what else did you see during the tour? How many Reds were there, what percent of the cars on the line were red, how many were finished outside waiting to be shipped, etc.

How is the finish on your car. The multicoat looks glossy, but could you tell a difference with the other finished cars at the factory? Do they put a coat of wax on the freshly painted cars. Do they recommend waiting for the paint to completely cure before putting on 'armor coats'?

How often did you wake up last night and open the door to the garage just to look? :wink: