Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I posted this here back when I got my estimated date:

Told me when it would be done, not started, so, sounds about right, since that would mean finishing production next week some time, although no change on My Tesla yet.
She didn't say "end of line date" was November 24th?
apparently that means the start of building. Apologies if that is not the case and you already knew that.

What of my Sig? It's the question of the hour, for sure. I find it incredibly difficult to part with the Sig Red beauty, such an historic car and a future collector's item; and for the moment I'll make room in the garage by getting rid of my RDX. Marcia will enjoy driving the 'old' S, I'm sure. The real question: what happens when the X arrives? :confused:

Struggling with all the same issues, Steve! Except in our case, Maggie gets the P85D! I am going back and forth about letting the Sig go now versus next year when the X finally arrives, or, or,... Aaaaaa!! :eek:

I thought I had updated the sheet previously but my delivery date is now December 10 (to Calgary). It will actually arrive at the Vancouver service center along with a bunch of other cars (apparently) on December 8th. I may attend a walk through on the 9th (will visit my brother in Vancouver as I did the last time) and then I'll receive the actual delivery on the 10th - possibility of the 11th depending on the time to transport from Vancouver to Calgary. Last time they left in the evening and arrived the next morning - not sure if there will be a larger transport vehicle this time as I suspect there are a bunch of deliveries out this way.

So, to finish Nov. 24, production has to start in 2 or 3 days. Any bets?

Finish the "week of Nov 24th" does not necessarily mean finish on the 24th. In fact, I bet it could start production on 11/24 and finish on 11/29 and that would still be finishing the week of Nov 24th.

But I hope you're correct and we start seeing some "in production" posts soon...

Last edited:
Finish the "week of Nov 24th" does not necessarily mean finish on the 24th. In fact, I bet it could start production on 11/24 and finish on 11/29 and that would still be finishing the week of Nov 24th.

But I hope you're correct and we start seeing some "in production" posts soon...

This is correct. It's the week that the car will enter production. So an end of line date of 11/24 could mean a car that begins production anywhere between 11/24 and 11/30.

I got an email saying the purchase agreement had been put in MyTesla. It uses a process called DocuSign to allow to electronically sign it and notify Tesla that you did so.

Hmm I still don't see any option to DocuSign anywhere. The link to the following documents just opens a PDF:

Model S Order Agreement (11/13)
Delivery Configuration (11/14)
Configuration & Final Price (11/15)

Which one of these did you sign, if at all (and if not, what is it called)? Thanks.

Just saw today's "Factory Upgrade" blog about production:

Factory Upgrade | Blog | Tesla Motors

By the end of 2015, we will have increased production by another 50 percent. With Model X on the horizon, Dual Motor Model S now in production, [...]

We’ve also been building a new section of the factory for production of Dual Motor Model S. The high efficiency drive unit used in the 85D and P85D is being produced on a highly automated line that is laid out with room to grow so future capacity increases can take place with minimal disruption to existing operations

So it sounds like we SHOULD be already in production. Any updates from anyone's My Tesla dashboard?

I confess that I'm a little nervous about getting one of the first handful off the line.:crying:

I'm nervous too, but I don't think first handful or first few thousand makes a big difference. I'm just nervous about whatever kinks they may need to work out of the system not having been worked out before they make our cars, since this is a new model. I'm trying not to worry too much.

I'm nervous too, but I don't think first handful or first few thousand makes a big difference. I'm just nervous about whatever kinks they may need to work out of the system not having been worked out before they make our cars, since this is a new model. I'm trying not to worry too much.

As far as the motor assembly goes, AC Induction motors are very simple, and this should be a simple matter of scaling the existing design smaller. I'm sure there are other areas for problems to crop up, but I'm not worried about the new motor specifically.