Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered yesterday around 1pm EST, confirmed last night around 6pm EST and had a vin this morning. Scheduled delivery date is 12/29. I'm hoping to get it before 1/1 so I can get the tax credit this year.

Wow, you must have hit a seam in the system: congratulations. I've been waiting almost three weeks since confirmation, still don't have a VIN.

Congrats everyone who has joined me on the production line. I'm excited to see mine complete - maybe even earlier than expected but I've been assured that it won't arrive any earlier than originally scheduled. I think a bunch of cars are arriving in Vancouver on December 8th so presumably the truck ships once enough vehicles have accumulated. That and whatever Canada customs has to add to the equation.
MarcG keep an eye out for my Blue - near the end of the production line :)

Any thoughts on why my P85D which is in the 63000 range is still showing as "Order Confirmed, your Model S has entered the Production queue" while others in the 64000 range have messages indicating their cars are "In Production and being built"?

I got nothing! in the spread sheet it shows you confirming on the 24th and re-confirming on the 29th? If that was true it might explain the situation, otherwise it makes no apparent sense and you should call someone.

I got to figure that Tesla DSs must hate these spreadsheets :)

Any thoughts on why my P85D which is in the 63000 range is still showing as "Order Confirmed, your Model S has entered the Production queue" while others in the 64000 range have messages indicating their cars are "In Production and being built"?

Everyone who has entered production so far ordered on the 9th or 10th. We know that VIN assignments are not in order and that Canadian orders got the lowest VINs assigned. I'm guessing they are entering production in roughly the order they were placed. There will probably be some batching that impacts this, or items like color of seats, but I doubt much.