Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 18 cents more loss than expected according to Dow Jones Newswires.

View attachment 322237

Also, I'm pretty amazed at how this closely watched estimate came out so close to right:

View attachment 322238

$4 billion in sales in a single quarter. That's roughly what they had for all of 2015...

Ford and GM's sales are the same as they were in 1998.

Was going to post this. A BS creation. FWIW, Mr. BS is a former VW PR guy (believe he was interviewed in Netflix's Dirty Money series about VW dieselgate), who used to advertise he wrotes articles on the Daily Kanban for commission, but not for measly amounts like 50 bucks (referencing Huff post/ Buzzfeed style clickbate farms that pay 50 bucks for articles like '12 things millenials just HATE!'). Seems pretty clear if hes writing articles for money--more money than clickbate--that he's still doing PR, and not actually a journalist.

The VOC hitpiece had all the appearance of an actual well researched report, long, detailed analysis. However, the Voc numbers were just plain made up. They were higher than any paint that Tesla's supplier manufactured. This was easily verified just by looking at their website product specs. Fake detailed independent research, hallmarks of a well funded "Merchants of Doubt" style PR campaign.

We are excited about this opportunity, as China is by far the largest EV market in the world and Chinese support for electric vehicles has been exceptionally strong. Initial capacity is expected to be roughly 250,000 vehicles and battery packs per year, and will grow to 500,000, with the first cars expected to roll off the production line in about three years

Did they just delay the Model Y for another year to mid 2021? Imho, they said in about 2 years, when the articles regarding chinese factory came out.

Did they just delay the Model Y for another year to mid 2021? Imho, they said in about 2 years, when the articles regarding chinese factory came out.

31E52150-839C-4140-81A6-319D5440DC9A.jpeg

Did they just delay the cars they are going to build in china for another year to mid 2021? Imho, they said in about 2 years, when the articles regarding chinese factory came out.

See, i scratched that Model Y. Let's just go with 'cars' if you feel better. And meanwhile i do think so.

We expect construction to begin in the near future after we get all the necessary approvals and permits. From there, it will take roughly two years until we start producing vehicles and then another two to three years before the factory is fully ramped up to produce around 500,000 vehicles per year for Chinese customers. Tesla makes Gigafactory 3 in China official, plans to start production in 2 years

vs.

We are excited about this opportunity, as China is by far the largest EV market in the world and Chinese support for electric vehicles has been exceptionally strong. Initial capacity is expected to be roughly 250,000 vehicles and battery packs per year, and will grow to 500,000, with the first cars expected to roll off the production line in about three years

See, i scratched that Model Y. Let's just go with 'cars' if you feel better. And meanwhile i do think so.

vs.

That's only Chinese production and has nothing to do with US production. I don't know where they plan on building US Model Y, but it won't be China.

Realistically, if Model Y is revealed in March 2019, I wouldn't expect to see production until late 2020 or 2021.

• Helpful
Reactions: YasB
Bull and Bear debate coming up on CNBC, should be interesting. Conference call could be brutal, hoping for no surprises. Hope EM is prepared to answer lawsuit questions with authority. $313 now. GLTA!!!
I don't expect it to be brutal, given this report. Elon shouldn't even try to provide a legal defense of any lawsuits, even if he knows much about them. That would be pretty silly.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog and Runarbt
Status
Not open for further replies.