TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Robert.Boston, Dec 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

I've got an order for Dec 400s to take advantage of these technicals and a positive result of the Trump/Xi meeting on trade.

Could be good for a year end rally.

2. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger Please, call me "Lodger" Cheers!

#1322 Artful Dodger, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    "Sokath, his eyes open."

Wikipee says: "Piercing Line Consists of a black candlestick followed by a white candlestick that opens lower than the low of preceding but closes more than halfway into black body candlestick. It is considered as reversal signal when it appears at bottom:"

150px-Piercing-line.svg[1].png
    Technical analysis may indicate SP tending back toward mid-point of Bollinger bands (currently about 341.94)
    sc.TSLA.2018-11-25.MA(200).311.33.detail-3.png

DISCLAIMER
    : I have no expertise in technical analysis. This is me evaluating the method. NOT AN ADVICE.

CH3ERS!

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. anthonyj

anthonyj Member

I drew a simple chart for you guys. Double bottom within the bull flag means we will have another flag forming, which usually is the same size movement of the first flag. Tesla is showing unusual strength throughout all of the fud and manipulation. $420.69 within the next 3 weeks, with a Dec 2019 PT of $694.20 (somewhat serious) 55352427-BB9E-4B1C-ACEE-277D20FF9448.jpeg

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. anthonyj

anthonyj Member

• Like x 1
  5. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Technical analyst Tim Ord was my regular guest on our TV show. This is what he wrote after today's market close regarding the correlation of the S&P 500 to the put Put/Call ratio.

The last two times the 10 day average of the Equity Put/Call reached .74 the market was at major lows; current reading is .74.

Tim Ord

• Love x 1
  6. anthonyj

anthonyj Member

Bull flag imo

626C82FF-E494-4D5C-AA33-54A5B5E3F4D1.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  7. avoigt

avoigt Active Member

8. nursebee

nursebee Member

• Funny x 1
  9. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

Well my calls are up decently. Advice on holding or taking profits? I think we see significant resistance at ATH around 389. Maybe a run up to the mid 380s and then get out? I think we don't pass ATH until after earnings.

10. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Technical analyst Tim Ord was my regular guest on our TV show. This is what he wrote after today's market close regarding technical indicators for the S&P 500 ETF (SPY).

3 day trin closed at 1.96 suggests longer term low forming. Equity Put/Call ratio closed yesterday at .85; closes higher within 5 days 87% of time. Todays low did not touch yesterday's low which test may come Monday. SPY has a projection near 299.

All the best,
    Tim Ord

• Like x 2
  11. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

Did today qualify as an outside reversal on the Nasdaq? This would be bearish for next week.

12. anthonyj

anthonyj Member

No, because Thursday’s low was $350 and Friday’s low was $357

13. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

So looks like TSLA escaped an outside reversal but the Nasdaq didn't. More trouble for FANG?

14. avoigt

avoigt Active Member

• Helpful x 1
  15. nursebee

nursebee Member

I learned TA from IBD. Looking at the charts on that site shows RS at new high. Bullish. Buyable.

• Like x 1
  16. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Technical analyst Tim Ord was my regular guest on our TV show. This is what he wrote after today's market close regarding technical indicators for the macro market.

Equity Put/Call (CPCE) for 3, 10, 21 day all in bullish levels. CPCE closed yesterday .75 suggest higher in 5 days 88% of time average +1.3%. catalysis for rally could be FOMC Wednesday announcement.

All the best,
    Tim Ord

17. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Member

What could a positive catalyst from the FOMC be? I would be shocked if they don't announce a rate increase. Otherwise, is it just more of the same dovish reassurance that the market is seeking?

18. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

The market would take no rate hike as a sign of trouble. The best outcome would be rate hike followed by plan for no more rate hikes in 2019 unless warranted by inflationary pressures.