Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter and the Chief Twit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumping this thread because I just can't believe the cringe is increasing. It was bad before, now this Chappelle thing and all the "woke mind virus" stuff. I just don't understand how Tesla as a multinational business worth what it is, and with a customer base as diverse as it is can stay in alignment with these viewpoints in any way.

It's been dropped into conversation with multiple people I know to varying degrees since November. Both people who are and aren't existing Tesla owners. The fact it's discussion worthy at that casual level strikes me as being a bad thing.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because I just can't believe the cringe is increasing. It was bad before, now this Chappelle thing and all the "woke mind virus" stuff. I just don't understand how Tesla as a multinational business worth what it is, and with a customer base as diverse as it is can stay in alignment with these viewpoints in any way.

It's been dropped into conversation with multiple people I know to varying degrees since November. Both people who are and aren't existing Tesla owners. The fact it's discussion worthy at that casual level strikes me as being a bad thing.
Doesn't really bother me... Tesla car is amazing and I don't hold Tesla stock or anything..

Likewise it's all political / personal beliefs and he's allowed to have them. I personally agree with 95% of what he says so really is each to their own.

Smartest man in the world. Electric cars, mars, tunnels, PayPal, AI, robots, brain chips and now he's fighting for free speech. Bit of a legend if you ask me!

Mod comment: please let’s not go down the route of pointed comments about others on here, or sweeping statements of Musk being able to do no wrong which draws those comments. Debating the material points is more constructive

Back on topic.
News today though suggests it is starting to hurt Tesla as support for the brand (or not) is now, for the first time, linked to mainstream political views.

Reactions: CWT3LR and Durzel
Mod comment: please let’s not go down the route of pointed comments about others on here, or sweeping statements of Musk being able to do no wrong which draws those comments. Debating the material points is more constructive

Back on topic.
News today though suggests it is starting to hurt Tesla as support for the brand (or not) is now, for the first time, linked to mainstream political views.

That’s interesting.
Regardless of the cause for it, I’m hoping it may be the overdue kick up the arse Tesla needs regarding their general attitude to customer support.

aow he's fighting for free speech.

It's the last thing he is fighting for.

Kicking off journalists, billionaire plane trackers, banning anti-fascist accounts, banning people for linking their other social accounts.

This isn't about free speech, moving a major modern media institution into billionaire control. It's the equivalent of Rupert Murdoch buying twitter.

The Saudis and banks own alot of twitter and alot of Tesla shares, the advertisers are gone and won't gone back with neonazis allowed and trending. He ****ed it up Liz Truss style and has his orders.

Last edited:
but if someone "buys" a thing, they own it, so how can they "step down as head"?
Close it down and accept the $54bn loss, which ironically wouldn’t even really dent his net worth in regular people terms, but that‘s impractical.

Take it to IPO and sell it back to investors, but with money printer having fallen off the wagon and been destroyed under the wheels of the runaway train of inflation, he’d still take a huge loss.

He could find another CEO and go focus on the other 6 companies he runs, but how to solve a problem like Twitter isn’t an easy one and realistically, would anyone want that job? Would he actually stay out of it given how addicted he seems to the platform? Unless he’s willing to go fully passive investor, which doesn’t seem likely, that won’t work.

Ideal scenario is he just gives it back to Jack to run and becomes little more than its largest investor/shareholder, without it being a public company arguably they could execute on a bunch of stuff that should have happened years ago. But even that doesn’t solve the money problem when revenue is ad based and a recession will pull that down further, even without all the clowning and self inflicted wounds and Jack has Block/Square to run so it’d be another part time CEO.

Parag must be sipping so much tea right now.

It's the last thing he is fighting for.

Kicking off journalists, billionaire plane trackers, banning anti-fascist accounts, banning people for linking their other social accounts.

This isn't about free speech, moving a major modern media institution into billionaire control. It's the equivalent of Rupert Murdoch buying twitter.

The Saudis and banks own alot of twitter and alot of Tesla shares, the advertisers are gone and won't gone back with neonazis allowed and trending. He ****ed it up Liz Truss style and has his orders.
Funny cos Rupert murdoch basically runs the news in the west already.. nice that someone is challenging the traditional media.

If this video isn't a massive problem then I don't know why everyone's hating on Elon, given his track record for genuinely trying to help humanity.