Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's always been in my front pocket, which is closest to the car as approaching the door.

That's true, however neither the app nor the Bluetooth have had any form of battery optimisation applied to them as I disabled this long ago.

Been working flawlessly since March '20 with the same phone (Note 10+), just since updating to 28.2 (28.1 was too short a lifespan to test) has it taken 3 or 4 attempts at pulling the handle to unlock.
Can you see the Tesla icon permanently in the notification shade?

Just asking because I think recent Android versions *require* apps to be permanently in notification shade if running in background - so if it's not there it might not be running properly.

It's just really puzzling as I'm on 28.2 as well and it's working just fine...

Have there been any android patches / any potential Bluetooth or location service configuration changes on the phone ?

[edit] does everything else work ok that uses Bluetooth between your phone and the car ?
Phone software was updated the same day as 28.2 was installed so guess that introduces a variable.

Otherwise, all other Bluetooth connections are working fine.

Can you see the Tesla icon permanently in the notification shade?

Just asking because I think recent Android versions *require* apps to be permanently in notification shade if running in background - so if it's not there it might not be running properly.

It's just really puzzling as I'm on 28.2 as well and it's working just fine...
Thanks, yeah, Tesla notification is showing permanently in the notification bar.

Phone software was updated the same day as 28.2 was installed so guess that introduces a variable.

Otherwise, all other Bluetooth connections are working fine.
I know it's a pain but I really think anyone who's having issues needs to

1) uninstall the app, clear Bluetooth connections from both the phone and car and then reinstall and set up the Bluetooth again...and if that doesn't work then...
2) factory reset the phone and do all of above again

Just think it's so difficult to pinpoint - and would have thought any troubleshooting requested by Tesla (or phone manufacturer) would include having to do this

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-28 085457.png
    Annotation 2020-07-28 085457.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 43