Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If people are unhappy with the software updates not to their liking, they can always choose not to update.

Wait a few weeks and see how others users respond to an update. If it is mostly negative, then ignore the update.

At some stage you may see improvements you want, and then the upgrade is worthwhile.

It’s the same as Windows® updates. Things always break and regress and need fixing. And to be fair they are never all fixed....

If people are unhappy with the software updates not to their liking, they can always choose not to update.

Wait a few weeks and see how others users respond to an update. If it is mostly negative, then ignore the update.

At some stage you may see improvements you want, and then the upgrade is worthwhile.

It’s the same as Windows® updates. Things always break and regress and need fixing. And to be fair they are never all fixed....

Advice from the service centre when I wanted to do exactly this was that if updates were refused then that could negatively impact the warranty. Things get changed in updates that we don't see, and some of those changes may impact key reliability items, like the battery management system, so if updates are refused, and there's subsequently a problem, it may create an issue. Not something I think worth taking a risk with, notwithstanding the normal laws that apply to warranties, merchantable quality, etc.

I am now 10 software updates behind. Strange how updates usually happened a couple of days after release, then nothing.

I’m in the same boat, lots of regular updates and nothing for over a month.

Lots of software vendors take the same approach as Tesla, they roll out software to selected users almost as guinea pigs and ramp up the rollout if there aren’t any issues. The big organisations and business who are averse to risk are usually the last to get these changes in the hope that if there are any issues, they will be found by others and the rollout is stopped before it reaches them.

Normally though, most software companies look to have a better pre-rollout testing process as the number of updates that Tesla start to rollout and then stop, presumably due to quality issues with the update, is surprisingly high.

Reactions: Yachtsman
Mine’s LR with FSD. I’ve had 4.3, 4.6 & 4.10
Nothing to excite
Map is still the 2019 version something like 12489 I think.
There was a short lived 2020 version that was withdrawn pretty much the same day it was issued.

What is the most recent map update? My 2021 has a 2019 version as well, if I interpret the version number correctly

Tesla has at last found a new, more up-to-date source for the next UK map:

roman-britain.jpg

Advice from the service centre when I wanted to do exactly this was that if updates were refused then that could negatively impact the warranty. Things get changed in updates that we don't see, and some of those changes may impact key reliability items, like the battery management system, so if updates are refused, and there's subsequently a problem, it may create an issue. Not something I think worth taking a risk with, notwithstanding the normal laws that apply to warranties, merchantable quality, etc.

Legally that is not the case. There is nothing in the terms of your original purchase agreement which would invalidate any portion of the warranty if you decided not to press the update button.

Note that any safety related updates are pushed to the car without your choice to update or not.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20