Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea but Tesla themselves suggest 1% overnight is normal....from the Tesla Model 3 manual:
"The Battery can discharge at a rate of approximately 1% per day, though the discharge rate may vary depending on environmental factors (such as cold weather), vehicle configuration, and your selected settings on the touchscreen."

Last night also had a frost & after very cold nights I have occasionally seen 2%

(Minimising Tesla Vampire battery drain)
Mine is garaged so its usually about 4^ above outside temperature, that would make a difference to the loss but not the sleeping. Mines sleeps every night only waking to top up the charge at 00.30, then sleeps again until I wake it & always with zero loss. If she does wake for any reason (mothership calling) there can be a small loss.

Well, the 2021.4.15 vs 2021.4.12.2 situation looks interesting.
the short poll earlier in the thread implies that the latter are mostly if not all FSD whilst the former is where the rest of the fleet is heading.
Either something interesting is about to happen, which is possible but unlikely, or FSD owners are on the naughty step ;)

Reactions: AnthonyLR
This style of releases happened last time. I think it's just a way to narrow down faults, if one half of the changes goes to some cars and another to a second set - issues within one set of cars narrows things down.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Well, the 2021.4.15 vs 2021.4.12.2 situation looks interesting.
the short poll earlier in the thread implies that the latter are mostly if not all FSD whilst the former is where the rest of the fleet is heading.
Either something interesting is about to happen, which is possible but unlikely, or FSD owners are on the naughty step ;)
I’m afraid I buck you trend. FSD with 4.15. Tesla doing what Tesla does!

Anyone had an increase in occurrences where the car wanted the key card before driving?

I think some of it is related to my fitbit nfc triggering on the centre console (it vibrates then prompts me to make the fitbit pay transfer which of course it can't do) but I've had a few times when its not been - on two occasions, had I not had my card on me I was possibly in deep trouble although to add insult to injury, on one of these occasions, by the time I had gone inside the house to get my key card, the car was back behaving nicely again with the phone.

The odd thing about many of these was that nothing different was going on - a couple were down to non standard behaviour on my part, like sitting back inside having washed the car, but not all.

Anyone had an increase in occurrences where the car wanted the key card before driving?

I think some of it is related to my fitbit nfc triggering on the centre console (it vibrates then prompts me to make the fitbit pay transfer which of course it can't do) but I've had a few times when its not been - on two occasions, had I not had my card on me I was possibly in deep trouble although to add insult to injury, on one of these occasions, by the time I had gone inside the house to get my key card, the car was back behaving nicely again with the phone.

The odd thing about many of these was that nothing different was going on - a couple were down to non standard behaviour on my part, like sitting back inside having washed the car, but not all.
On 4.12.2 i had a couple of times when the phone wouldn’t open the door first time but did on the second or third attempt. No call for for card to drive.

Reactions: MrBadger

I had this since upgrading to 4.15, taking the phone out of my back pocket and opening the app solves it. It almost seems the bluetooth connectivity requires better connectivity than before, also for opening the doors.

Since .4.12 I noticed an increase in screen flickering and phantom braking at strange places.. no shadows, no bridges, no vehicles near and no change in road surface. I confirmed the phantom braking caused by unsecured tie down straps and curtain siders.

Since .4.12 I noticed an increase in screen flickering and phantom braking at strange places.. no shadows, no bridges, no vehicles near and no change in road surface. I confirmed the phantom braking caused by unsecured tie down straps and curtain siders.
Interesting. When I had a long drive at the weekend, phantom braking was a lot worse than last time I used AP on a long journey. Seemed to brake every time I went past a large motorway sign like this
Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 16.35.40.png