Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine changed late last night to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" with Tesla's banking details and instructions etc.

Funny how the messaging got far less cryptic at this point ;)

In any case I'll be making my payment over the next few days - its not like its earning anything in the bank and I have enough crypto for my anxiety levels already ;)

did they text/email you regarding the payments? Or do I need to refresh my screen every 5 minutes 🤣

For me (being a company car) it was about the significant savings over owning my previous car, I get insurance, servicing, tyres etc paid for through my lease and it maximised the savings I could make vs running a petrol. And given the BIK is only 1%, it actually makes taking a company car reasonable.
Snap , my last 2 company cars have been 29 and 31% BIK , so it was a no brainer to go electric and once I looked at options Tesla was the only one I considered

Reactions: badbadger06
Snap , my last 2 company cars have been 29 and 31% BIK , so it was a no brainer to go electric and once I looked at options Tesla was the only one I considered
Initially the Tesla wasn't my only option, was also looking at Q4 etron and Volvo XC40, but given Audi couldnt tell me how long the car would take (up to 12 months) and the Volvo was on a 6 month lead time, Tesla it was!!

Reactions: Washout and Oxstock
Initially the Tesla wasn't my only option, was also looking at Q4 etron and Volvo XC40, but given Audi couldnt tell me how long the car would take (up to 12 months) and the Volvo was on a 6 month lead time, Tesla it was!!
I was exactly the same. The e-tron was really appealing but the lease team were telling me 12 months maybe less and I just turned off at that.

Which company is your car through and where did you ask for collection?
Days Leasing, and yes asked for collection. After being on phone this morning, I managed to manually book a collection!!

Spoke to them. Birmingham St Andrews not an option, and nor is home delivery (as they need to see my ID). So Space Centre it is! I better set off on the train now I guess 😂

This is crazy! I was down for Leicester, but they said no appointments were available, so I had to change to St. Andrews?! I am now booked in for 26th November!

I actually live just outside Leicester, and ordered the same spec and colour as you! We should swap! haha!

Days Leasing, and yes asked for collection. After being on phone this morning, I managed to manually book a collection!!

This is crazy! I was down for Leicester, but they said no appointments were available, so I had to change to St. Andrews?! I am now booked in for 26th November!

I actually live just outside Leicester, and ordered the same spec and colour as you! We should swap! haha!
Did you speak to Tesla CS to book that?

I think all Car manufacturers will look back at this one day and realize their businesses were stolen right under their noses.

I think all Car manufacturers will look back at this one day and realize their businesses were stolen right under their noses.
you're probably right, to be fair, the Tesla was at the top of the list but I initially wanted to have a look/drive of a few before ordering, but it quickly became apparent the only choice was the Tesla, as both the Audi and Volvo were also reportedly coming up quite short of their quoted range as well (the Audi salesman even told me I was unlikely to get 200 miles out of the Q4 even though it was the version with a range of about 290 miles)

They literally told me they don't do deliveries to St Andrews because of the lack of space?! 😯

I'll have a rental car from tomorrow, and apparently I'm ok to return it to their branch near the space centre, so not all bad. At least this gives me a good drive home - assuming they do have some charge on them when you pickup.

Reactions: Simonix
did they text/email you regarding the payments? Or do I need to refresh my screen every 5 minutes 🤣
No SMS sent to me. It just changed on the web site under "Account" and "Manage" for the car order. I don't think I signed out and back in, but may have done, as that sometimes triggers a change (and reloads cached content dependant on how the site has been written).

you're probably right, to be fair, the Tesla was at the top of the list but I initially wanted to have a look/drive of a few before ordering, but it quickly became apparent the only choice was the Tesla, as both the Audi and Volvo were also reportedly coming up quite short of their quoted range as well (the Audi salesman even told me I was unlikely to get 200 miles out of the Q4 even though it was the version with a range of about 290 miles)
A joke.

How much is the etron? £70,000-£80,000 or around that?

EA98F1FD-170D-4DEA-B237-2C7A09225803.jpeg

They literally told me they don't do deliveries to St Andrews because of the lack of space?! 😯

I'll have a rental car from tomorrow, and apparently I'm ok to return it to their branch near the space centre, so not all bad. At least this gives me a good drive home - assuming they do have some charge on them when you pickup.

Oh God! So now I am now questioning if my appointment for collection is even valid?!