Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have Tesla CS confirmed as much, or are you making informed assumptions based on other information?
I'm making informed assumptions based on information given to customers by CS. Q4 models will have the bigger battery.

A is the rear motor from the performance model and J is the rear motor from the Y. Hence why some customers are being told longer range with the faster acceleration or longer range with the slower acceleration.

I'm making informed assumptions based on information given to customers by CS. Q4 models will have the bigger battery.

A is the rear motor from the performance model and J is the rear motor from the Y. Hence why some customers are being told longer range with the faster acceleration or longer range with the slower acceleration.
Yeah, it’s strange. I have a J and I’m fairly sure a CS rep told me previously I had the faster acceleration.

Doesn’t add up haha.

Yeah, it’s strange. I have a J and I’m fairly sure a CS rep told me previously I had the faster acceleration.

Doesn’t add up haha.
It doesn't add up as they don't know. Got chatting to a Tesla CS rep who told me the internal memo doesn't state the acceleration distance measurement, Just the time. So it tells them the range In miles or km depending on your region but the acceleration number is just "5.6seconds". Which is then giving this grey area where no one is quite sure, you just gotta assume Tesla have changed the 0-60 to 0-62 and that acceleration time is 0-62 but who knows :)

Guessing not a Tesla Test Drive?

Tesla are a-holes, give you a key card to a performance and tell you to have fun and then it’s locked in Chill Mode with a limiter!!
Not my experience. My test drive car had its speed limited to 85mph with "Standard" mode not "Chill" but honestly with a 0-60 like that who needs speed to have fun? M3P was crazier than a box of frogs and the M3LR felt pretty quick too (I had the missus with me so only did the 0-60 sprint once). I ordered a M3LR but I am sure if it had been a P I'd get less than 10 miles to a charge. The acceleration on that car is such a giggle you just can't stop doing it. I did switch it into Chill on the way back to the showroom and it really was chilled. I think that's a control that could do with more intermediate settings as it is all or (close to) nothing at the moment.

Reactions: khew1988