Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not my experience. My test drive car had its speed limited to 85mph with "Standard" mode not "Chill" but honestly with a 0-60 like that who needs speed to have fun? M3P was crazier than a box of frogs and the M3LR felt pretty quick too (I had the missus with me so only did the 0-60 sprint once). I ordered a M3LR but I am sure if it had been a P I'd get less than 10 miles to a charge. The acceleration on that car is such a giggle you just can't stop doing it. I did switch it into Chill on the way back to the showroom and it really was chilled. I think that's a control that could do with more intermediate settings as it is all or (close to) nothing at the moment.
Had the missus with me too, did the sprint without warning. She nearly sh1t herself (did it a few more times until I got a slap). But I found it funny and that's the main thing 😁

I’m actually in the U.K. with the auld lad and we passed a service centre, he wanted to see what all the fuss was about (I didn’t heavy prompt at all ;) ) and he left feeling a bit queasy but pleasantly surprised how much he like the M3 👍🏽
Good stuff another EV convert. Yeah my ould lad doesn't get it either. But he's an 80+ vintage (not sure I'd be happy him driving one he hasn't used an indicator in 25 years).

I genuinely don’t think the vin character denoting A or J will tell you if you have the faster acceleration or not.

Despite all the speculation, I have been told by several different reps from Tesla that mine is the “faster” SR+, and yet mine is the “J” which is the apparent "non - performance" motor?!

At the end of the day, they can adjust the voltage that these motors run at. As an educated guess, it’s much more likely that they will use software to make the cars in Q4 match the performance as per advertised when you ordered. If you get a bit of extra range from the larger battery, then that’s a bonus.

Last edited:
Had the missus with me too, did the sprint without warning. She nearly sh1t herself (did it a few more times until I got a slap). But I found it funny and that's the main thing 😁

I warned her to put her head back. We both felt weird after doing "the sprint" in the M3LR.

A second drive, this time on my own in a M3P was different. I braced myself and did some very "stabby" driving on a deserted country lane (mash the throttle, brake hard at the bends, mash the throttle, rinse / repeat). All within the speed limit I'll add. God. Couldn't keep THAT up for long. Brutal!

• Funny
Reactions: BevyBoy
2022 cars aren’t coming with front USB-C ports or wireless charging. Just the holes. Is this the case for MIC cars, too?

Would be interesting to see if the first deliveries are coming with the empty holes and no wireless charging.....

I understand why this is happening but zero communications on the issue is absolute garbage.