Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't - first reschedule message I have received.
Yeh so I think your car is on the same ship as mine, however because you have a later pick up (your original date) they didnt bother texting you as you wasnt impacted. Now they have things locked down to some degree on when the ship is expected, they obviously could fit you in earlier.

I'll keep a look out for your car when i go on the 9th. Id imagine your car will arrive at Bluewater on the 8th (in the evening) like the rest of ours.

Really need some help. Insurance, how on earth do you insure on a VIN and drive Adrian Flux has said no. My insurer does not do it. Do you insure on the day! Car may not even re registered to DVLA for some time, due to COVID sloppy shoulder syndrome. I have a reg from Tesla so at what point does this all come together?

Really need some help. Insurance, how on earth do you insure on a VIN and drive Adrian Flux has said no. My insurer does not do it. Do you insure on the day! Car may not even re registered to DVLA for some time, due to COVID sloppy shoulder syndrome. I have a reg from Tesla so at what point does this all come together?
if you have Reg from Tesla you can insure the car, yes it may say it doesn't recognise then find the car through make and model. Once all this is set, ring the customer services and get them to sort it out.

Reactions: jmj196
Hi all,

Future owner here, ordered a M3 LR in October through the EV scheme at work, got confirmation from Tesla with the RN on 11/11, can't see my order on my Tesla account which I understand is normal due to ordering from a lease company (and according to the message from Tesla). Got another text 22/11 with the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" I took this as a generic your car is on order but we're still working out when it'll be delivered.. . When I ordered it said Dec 2021 on their website, but I think the lease company have been slow, so guess it'll be later.. .

In a bit of dilema as I sold my car while the 2nd hand car prices were inflated and the lease company said they can get me an advanced rental if I give them 2 weeks notice, I just know with my luck I'll get them to sort that and my actual car will arrive, so holding out doing this at the moment as I have access to a pool car from work (a 22kwh BMW i3 🤢)

A couple of questions from your experience:
  • Does the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" actually mean anything? Could the car arrive sooner?
  • Is there anyway to find out if I have a VIN number? As I don't have an order on my Tesla account I guess not.. .
I think I'll hold out another week or 2 to hear more, but will definately need something with more than 60 miles of range over the Christmas period 😂
I'm in exactly the same boat as you ... except without the i3 :) this waiting is painful ...

Hi all,

Future owner here, ordered a M3 LR in October through the EV scheme at work, got confirmation from Tesla with the RN on 11/11, can't see my order on my Tesla account which I understand is normal due to ordering from a lease company (and according to the message from Tesla). Got another text 22/11 with the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" I took this as a generic your car is on order but we're still working out when it'll be delivered.. . When I ordered it said Dec 2021 on their website, but I think the lease company have been slow, so guess it'll be later.. .

In a bit of dilema as I sold my car while the 2nd hand car prices were inflated and the lease company said they can get me an advanced rental if I give them 2 weeks notice, I just know with my luck I'll get them to sort that and my actual car will arrive, so holding out doing this at the moment as I have access to a pool car from work (a 22kwh BMW i3 🤢)

• Does the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" actually mean anything? Could the car arrive sooner?
  • Is there anyway to find out if I have a VIN number? As I don't have an order on my Tesla account I guess not.. .
I think I'll hold out another week or 2 to hear more, but will definately need something with more than 60 miles of range over the Christmas period 😂
From what I can gather from these forums (which are an absolute goldmine of information btw) that text is sent once your vehicle is in a ship and is on its way. I’ve had the same text last week and have been watching the 2021 Shipping Movements thread avidly since.
Your car is probably on one of the four ships currently en-route to Southampton. Whether or not your delivery is pre Christmas or not is the next question.
Good luck though!

I have a lease delivery due on 13th December.

Just called Tesla to see if it can be scheduled any earlier, agent said opening my order up for collection (from Cribbs Bristol) could bring it forward a couple of days but no guarantee. He did mention that there is a chance it could even push my date back if I did change to collection. I’m wondering whether to risk this or not.

Agent also said that my car has not docked yet, so I’ve worked it out that my car is on Horizon Leader.

anyone else with collection dates at Cribbs for next week?

FYI - I spent the weekend redeveloping Tesla Inspect from the ground up. When you go to the Model 3 Checklist you will see a button for "Try Beta" - this will open in a browser and take you to a new version of the checklist (this can be saved to the Home Screen too/instead if you wish).

the Beta only has the Model 3 and Home page at present but over the coming weeks I hope to have transitioned all data across so we dont need to rely on Glide's platform. (y)

FYI - I spent the weekend redeveloping Tesla Inspect from the ground up. When you go to the Model 3 Checklist you will see a button for "Try Beta" - this will open in a browser and take you to a new version of the checklist (this can be saved to the Home Screen too/instead if you wish).

the Beta only has the Model 3 and Home page at present but over the coming weeks I hope to have transitioned all data across so we dont need to rely on Glide's platform. (y)
I’m collecting from Space Centre on the 4th at 11am (can’t wait!) so this is perfect timing 😁👍🏻

I’m collecting from Space Centre on the 4th at 11am (can’t wait!) so this is perfect timing 😁👍🏻
The key reason for doing so is so you are not restricted to a mobile phone, the new instance will work on a tablet or pc too (hence some formatting goes a tiny bit squiffy on smaller screens)... Oh, and the email reports are instant using this method.

I intend to take my iPad on the 2nd to Leicester as it will be a lot easier with a more "notepad" sized screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine through Churchill, but used the reg rather than VIN. Due to the DVLA registration issue you mentioned, Churchill could not 'look up' the car as insurers usually do, but instead let me specify the make/model/spec etc.

I was still a bit concerned about this so called Churchill direct once I had purchased the policy and they assured me it was common practice and all was fine. I purchased the insurance about 1 week ahead of delivery, but set the policy start date to the day of collection.

Tinting windows, 48 hours after delivery. But I have been told of possible issue with tinting windscreen due to ECU located in front dash anyone aware of this? has the ECU been moved as posts relate to 2018
I’m planning to get my two rear windows tinted next week, but just be mindful of the legal requirements with tinting the front windows and windscreen. Many tinting companies won’t do it’s as often any tint will then surpass the legal limit.

I did mine through Churchill, but used the reg rather than VIN. Due to the DVLA registration issue you mentioned, Churchill could not 'look up' the car as insurers usually do, but instead let me specify the make/model/spec etc.

I was still a bit concerned about this so called Churchill direct once I had purchased the policy and they assured me it was common practice and all was fine. I purchased the insurance about 1 week ahead of delivery, but set the policy start date to the day of collection.
I got my reg about 2 weeks before, but I ended up asking CS as time was getting closer.

Hi all,

I think I'll hold out another week or 2 to hear more, but will definitely need something with more than 60 miles of range over the Christmas period 😂
Youve got a lot further than i have. I got my order confirmation RN number on the 18th Oct but since then had nothing. quite frustrating really as there isnt synergy in the process of ordering. Im THE most impatient person but agreed this website is making life easier whilst i wait in anticipation.

Hopefully i get a text this week!!

Hi all,

I got the text the same day as you, I’ve seen messages from a few other people who got a text that day too.

I suspect all of our cars are on the same ship due into the UK in the next week or so. Fingers crossed we find out more soon!

Impatient ..... 😁

Screenshot_20211129-131730.jpg

Reactions: carys86