Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very jealous of all of your deliveries! Ordered the M3SR+ end of October, but still no hint of delivery. Spoke to the delivery helpline and apparently if I don’t hear back by next Wednesday, then it will be a February delivery.

Just wanted to let anyone else waiting for the SR know. Can’t wait to join all you Tesla owners

Reactions: Fury1
Very jealous of all of your deliveries! Ordered the M3SR+ end of October, but still no hint of delivery. Spoke to the delivery helpline and apparently if I don’t hear back by next Wednesday, then it will be a February delivery.

Just wanted to let anyone else waiting for the SR know. Can’t wait to join all you Tesla owners

Keep an eye out for accelerated deliveries (i.e. when a boat comes in).

I know they are renowned for soft paint, but i gave my M3 a quick blast over with the pressure washer before work today and whilst doing so noticed that in the first 7 days of ownership, 3 of those days the car going unused, it has amassed about 15 stone chips already. My old BMW was 2 years old before we parted ways and it was used the same and only had about 6 or 7 over the whole car.

Show just how soft the paint is... Also noticed a screwdriver rash on the steering wheel when i put the wipers into service mode. Cant decide whether to raise this (and a small scuff i didnt notice at collection on the back bumper) or leave it - the nearest SC is a good 90 mins away and I really CBA with mileage for mileage sake. Probably wont do the stone chip situation any favours either.
Ouch.

What is a screwdriver rash? How many miles have you racked up.

Doubt much is going to happen on the stone Chips. Have you been doing lots of auto pilot? I personally think the cars are too close to me even at 7 cars spread and so I wouldn’t be surprised if auto pilot is causing more problems than it’s solving.

Reactions: skateboarder
Ouch.

What is a screwdriver rash? How many miles have you racked up.

Doubt much is going to happen on the stone Chips. Have you been doing lots of auto pilot? I personally think the cars are too close to me even at 7 cars spread and so I wouldn’t be surprised if auto pilot is causing more problems than it’s solving.
Thinking about this, 15 stone chips in a week is a bit unrealistic unless you’ve been driving on some really messed up roads.

You won’t have a front bumper left in 12 months and in 2 years the stones will make their way to your face.

They must have been present before you picked it up. Even if you search the forum, there’s no one talking about that level of problems. Odd stone chip here and there but that’s it

Thanks debrooker! I’ve been keeping an eye on Mr Miserable’s updates on shipping movements, but is there anywhere I need to request an accelerated delivery when a boat does come in?

That I don't know I'm afraid, i guess you can call, but by all accounts these cars don't hang around for long - so if it was me, i would pay the £100 reservation, if I *really* wanted it now, provided you haven't gone too far down the finance root etc.

That I don't know I'm afraid, i guess you can call, but by all accounts these cars don't hang around for long - so if it was me, i would pay the £100 reservation, if I *really* wanted it now, provided you haven't gone too far down the finance root etc.
No worries, I have put the £100 deposit down and been approved for the Tesla loan. Just patience now I guess! If the car wasn’t so good I wouldn’t be so impatient…

Picked up my car Tuesday from Thorpe Park. SR+ black/black 19” alloys.
Arrived an hour early - no probs.
They took the keys and log book for the traded in Jag E Pace only noting mileage.
Tesla exterior and interior check list passed with flying colours.
Phone charger and USB points working so all I’m waiting for is the update for heated steering wheel.
Ordered on 15/10 picked up 7/12…. Pretty speedy timeline.
Sooooooo happy with this car !

Last edited: