Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
113A700F-7010-40A0-B187-7D56076C7B2F.jpeg
Finally after 101 days since order it’s my collection day from Southampton. Wondering if my wife will notice the associated change of decorations…

I’ve got my M3LR scheduled for pickup on the 18th. I’d seen elsewhere that some Model Ys were coming with N in the vin (out of Fremont), meaning 2022 model year, which is why I was curious about the Model 3.

You’re right that Tesla don’t really do model years the same way traditional manufacturers do, and just update features as and when they see fit. I was also hoping for the new CPU! And also wondering whether a 2022 vin would have slightly better resale value in the future, even if the feature set was exactly the same as a 2021 vin.

I’m probably overthinking this! I should just get my car and enjoy it 🤣
I read on one of the Tesla blogs last night that at the moment only the 2022 Model T’a are getting Ryzen and there’s been nothing said about the M3 yet. This was based on an updated spec sent from Tesla to the authorities.

I read on one of the Tesla blogs last night that at the moment only the 2022 Model T’a are getting Ryzen and there’s been nothing said about the M3 yet. This was based on an updated spec sent from Tesla to the authorities.
M3 will get it at some point based on the testing information reported here:

But it could be months before these changes go into UK bound production vehicles.

Put on 30% charge between 9pm and 6am this morning. Quite impressive for a granny charger.
Yeah I'm getting 10 miles/hour on mine...since I don't use the car daily, might wait a while to bother thinking about installing a 'proper' charger - there's enough superchargers for any potential long route, so if needed I could always leave a bit earlier and get a service station breakfast!

...I think I'd be motivated for a faster charger in May 2023 when the current energy fix comes to an end if there's good EV deals going, or maybe solar before then...who knows!

Anybody been given the morning of 23rd December at Glasgow for pick up? Couldn’t resist having a nosy at the shipping thread. 2 ships due in 12/13 December. Must be on one of those. Excitement!! Other car sold and going on the 15th December. Please don’t stitch me up, Tesla!!

Anybody been given the morning of 23rd December at Glasgow for pick up? Couldn’t resist having a nosy at the shipping thread. 2 ships due in 12/13 December. Must be on one of those. Excitement!! Other car sold and going on the 15th December. Please don’t stitch me up, Tesla!!
I've got 18th December at Glasgow. I also had the option of the 20th, but obviously went for the earlier date 😁

I'm going to have an extra car for a while, though. My current lease doesn't finish until the end of January, and when I ordered my M3LR in early November it said estimated February delivery. If anything I thought it'd slip to March, but then I got a text last week saying I could schedule collection.

I did consider delaying it, but figured I'd rather have 2 cars for a month or so, rather than 0 cars for an indeterminate amount of time. Well I say 0, I'd have to share my wife's Peugeot 208, which I'm not sure I'm prepared to do 😂

I've got 18th December at Glasgow. I also had the option of the 20th, but obviously went for the earlier date 😁

I'm going to have an extra car for a while, though. My current lease doesn't finish until the end of January, and when I ordered my M3LR in early November it said estimated February delivery. If anything I thought it'd slip to March, but then I got a text last week saying I could schedule collection.

I did consider delaying it, but figured I'd rather have 2 cars for a month or so, rather than 0 cars for an indeterminate amount of time. Well I say 0, I'd have to share my wife's Peugeot 208, which I'm not sure I'm prepared to do 😂
Sounds very Tesla familiar. The chat facility guy said 100% confirmed it will be March. This was in November. So I sat back. All off a sudden, once I emailed Glasgow Tesla who were super helpful, it became clear I’d got one on the way.
Now it’s a semi-chaotic but exciting rush to get sorted. Wife not super amazed about just 1 car in the run up to Xmas, when 120 jobs a day need doing. So may have to rent a car for the odd day.
I’m punting our BMW purely as I’m worried the value will tank over Xmas when we are all skint for a month and nobody buys cars. Maybe a crap theory!

I know they are renowned for soft paint, but i gave my M3 a quick blast over with the pressure washer before work today and whilst doing so noticed that in the first 7 days of ownership, 3 of those days the car going unused, it has amassed about 15 stone chips already. My old BMW was 2 years old before we parted ways and it was used the same and only had about 6 or 7 over the whole car.

Show just how soft the paint is... Also noticed a screwdriver rash on the steering wheel when i put the wipers into service mode. Cant decide whether to raise this (and a small scuff i didnt notice at collection on the back bumper) or leave it - the nearest SC is a good 90 mins away and I really CBA with mileage for mileage sake. Probably wont do the stone chip situation any favours either.

Reactions: Oxstock