Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got my final invoice and no VIN on it and Tesla are saying that VINs are not being given out anymore, however looks like some people are getting theirs. At the end of the day having the VIN appears makes no difference other than confirming you are a MIC, which I think is now pretty much certain for the upcoming batches.
I wonder why Tesla insist on being so awkward?
Also, why can’t they supply the registration suitably ahead of time so insurance can be sorted? The communications are definitely sub par and pretty customer hostile. But I guess it’s the “Tesla way”. :rolleyes:

Just got off the phone with Tesla. I was assigned a car (M3LR white) on 9th Feb, and they said my collection is most likely in the second week of March at Manchester Airport. That date could change depending on logistics.
First time I've heard of Manchester Airport as a pickup though I'm sure there's plenty of space in the car parks! Too many cars for Manchester South to handle?

Catchment area is huge, North Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire in addition to Manchester. Tesla really need somewhere close to Liverpool/Wirral and Chester.
It would make sense. Apparently they used somewhere just outside the airport in December as they could handle 100 cars, rather than the 20 they can do at Manchester South. However, I'm guessing that would mean they can't sort any problems with the car at pickup.

Reactions: Terinante
Yes I spoke to Manchester office very end of December, and all their guys were 'out at the airport doing deliveries'. But I was given notice of my white out and in M3LR with tow bar on 26th Jan (Ordered 30 Dec) for pick up in Manchester 1 to 10 March. Heard nothing since. It would be so comforting to have a day defined, preferably first few days of March. I intend to keep the car for a lifetime ... but every single day at the moment counts! All news about Manchester deliveries very gratefully received.

Had my final finance documents from my leasing company today complete with my registration number! All signed and sent back, and I tried to finish insurance with Churchill but it wouldn't recognise my reg number, so rang them up and signed up to my policy over the phone. All done and paid for. £508 for a LR M3, being delivered on 2nd March.

Reactions: Tielle
Have been following this forum for a couple of months now and it's great for getting hyped about our delivery. (6th March, Dublin home delivery of blue M3LR... No VIN in account though)

Question for Irish reservations holders... Have you noticed that the VRT shown in the price is too high? And for anyone who's received delivery, has the final VRT been different from what's shown on the website. Its only a couple hundred euro, but I'd rather have it than overpay taxes!

Have been following this forum for a couple of months now and it's great for getting hyped about our delivery. (6th March, Dublin home delivery of blue M3LR... No VIN in account though)

Question for Irish reservations holders... Have you noticed that the VRT shown in the price is too high? And for anyone who's received delivery, has the final VRT been different from what's shown on the website. Its only a couple hundred euro, but I'd rather have it than overpay taxes!

What do you reckon is wrong with VRT? I'm getting the LR M3 and the figure in the attached chart is what I'm paying. €58,335

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1613217365786.jpg
    FB_IMG_1613217365786.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 69
What do you reckon is wrong with VRT? I'm getting the LR M3 and the figure in the attached chart is what I'm paying. €58,335

From my reading of the revenue website, the VRT is 7% of the total price including delivery charges including VAR, so in your case 7% of (57,990 + 980) = 4,127.90

I simply can't figure out how they've come to the VRT figures they show on the website

Hi everyone,

Can sense the excitement of those of us expecting car deliveries in March! 2 key questions:

- Can insurance be booked in advance without a Car Registration plate/ number? That seems to be the missing piece in sorting out my insurance.
- There is so much in the forums and on YT on poor Tesla build quality. I’m hoping the China models suffer fewer issues but mentally prepared the Tesla may be so bad that one may need to refuse the Tesla on delivery. I’ve heard that Tesla are asking Uk customers to sign the acceptance of delivery before handing over keys to inspect the inside of the car during our lockdown. Where does that put us in rejecting the car if unacceptable? Seems like an odd thing to ask customers to do before they’ve seen the car and are happy with it? Am I misunderstanding their new car collection lockdown policy?

Thanks in advance!

Just got a text with my registration number on it. Possibly linked to having sent the final payment through earlier today. Or could just be a coincidence, bearing in mind it’s a Sunday!

How did you send your final payment through?

It’s says email a receipt or screenshot.

Can you just make an online bank transfer with Acct No and sort code? Include RN of course.

I suppose I can screenshot my Halifax bank page on my screen. But that sounds unusual and doesn’t generate a receipt.

How did you send your final payment through?

It’s says email a receipt or screenshot.

Can you just make an online bank transfer with Acct No and sort code? Include RN of course.

I suppose I can screenshot my Halifax bank page on my screen. But that sounds unusual and doesn’t generate a receipt.
The payments were sent via normal bank transfer (which showed up as payments on my Tesla account page the following day). I’m now sorting out the emailing of the screenshots, surprisingly awkward as the online banking doesn’t show everything they want!

Has anyone got any experience of purchasing through a business using contract hire with ALD and impact on delivery times and communications etc.? Tesla told me I won't get notifications in the Tesla account because ALD own the vehicle technically. Order was placed 1st Feb via Tesla who got the finance approved on the same day with ALD. Changed colour on 10th though and told shouldn't impact delivery date which I was told was going to be late Feb early March still.. Received an email from Tesla Enterprise team on 10th saying thanks for your order and told to sit back and wait for a text and check all papers with ALD OK which they said were. Could do with a delivery date as hiring a car at the moment and can't pin either of them down for a date but reading the thread it seems that is not uncommon with Tesla !!