Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed that the finance calculations have changed on the Tesla configurator?

I have a finance deal on PCP for £555 per month with a end of term payment of approx £18k now the same finance settings (deposit, term, miles etc). Now it comes back as £514 per month with approx £20k end of term payment.

Everything is the same including interest rate total cost of borrowing etc. But now there is a smaller monthly payment and a larger payment at the end.

I rang Tesla and they checked and phoned me back to say it should all be the same and nothing has changed. Which is clearly not the case.

I’m going to ring back again and ask a few questions. And while I would like smaller monthly payments having a smaller end of term payment isn’t a bad thing.

has anyone else noticed this change? Can one of you put your PCP numbers in and check if anything has changed for you?

thanks

Llama
Business PCP is still the same numbers as when I ordered in December.

Has anyone else noticed that the finance calculations have changed on the Tesla configurator?

I have a finance deal on PCP for £555 per month with a end of term payment of approx £18k now the same finance settings (deposit, term, miles etc). Now it comes back as £514 per month with approx £20k end of term payment.

Everything is the same including interest rate total cost of borrowing etc. But now there is a smaller monthly payment and a larger payment at the end.

I rang Tesla and they checked and phoned me back to say it should all be the same and nothing has changed. Which is clearly not the case.

I’m going to ring back again and ask a few questions. And while I would like smaller monthly payments having a smaller end of term payment isn’t a bad thing.

has anyone else noticed this change? Can one of you put your PCP numbers in and check if anything has changed for you?

thanks

Llama

I did notice that the residuals change from £20k to £18k when you click between personal/sole trader and business both on PCP terms. Monthly payment differs too.

Last edited:

thanks

Llama

I’ve noticed every time I go on (to see if the U.K. has had a price drop like USA recently did) I get the business rates coming up at first, so have to change it back to personal each time.

I did notice that the residuals change from £20k to £18k when you click between personal/sole trader and business both on PCP terms. Monthly payment differs too.

Yup. That’s what I mean. It’s as though Tesla have changed what they expect the car’s value will be at the end of 4 years.

It was £18,496 last week. This week it’s £20,752.

They have reduced the monthly payments and are expecting you to pay off more at the end.

I’m not sure what I prefer? What’s the significance of this though?

Yup. That’s what I mean. It’s as though Tesla have changed what they expect the car’s value will be at the end of 4 years.

It was £18,496 last week. This week it’s £20,752.

They have reduced the monthly payments and are expecting you to pay off more at the end.

I’m not sure what I prefer? What’s the significance of this though?

Both numbers still show now. £18,496 for personal/sole trader PCP, £20,752 for business PCP. Same interest rate just structured the deals a bit differently. No idea why they differ, may be just to get a lower 'headline' payment on the PCP for business users?

Reactions: Terinante
First post, first EV ordered!

Placed yesterday; but then after going through payment methods, Blackhorse page on Tesla account said "we can't get a quote for you right now".
Couple quick emails later I had a Tesla agent ringing me up old-skool this morning to go through PCP application manually, all went green and now waiting for BH to complete their checks in ~24h time (for limited companies).
If all's well, picking up LR M3 from Birm in March just like Evwannabe.

Excitement is through the roof (careful not to damage the solar panels!)

Will be looking out for people in the same boat (quite literally) picking up MIC M3s and sharing the freshest impressions on overall quality:))

Reactions: Tielle and al71088
So as I cycled home today. I saw these beauties near Mecca ( old Trafford). The Tesla lady I spoke said the ones outside are for collection via truck to distribute to other locations and home delivery etc. I could not see my Blue LR. She told me those that are for collection were being held inside the warehouse. We pitch up round the front park our part ex cars and then are brought it to collect. She said it’s pretty cool inside! Looking from the fence I saw nice cars with no obvious panel issues. I’m getting excited now !!
AA82C670-1E1D-4F8F-A129-A13CBA9234E6.jpeg
9EC80C23-9A85-4EC4-8445-E0DD71C0ADAB.jpeg
5AF9D079-AE5F-4705-91D7-A170AB9CB2F8.jpeg
5075CE12-36AF-4447-AE01-B39A03B50845.jpeg

I will absoloutely lose it if I see my car in any of these pictures

Phone call from my delivery manager today with final confirmation and a walkthrough of what to expect on the big day, he also clarified exactly where I had to go at Bluewater as I wasn't sure.

The fun thing was when he asked if I had any questions, I asked how much charge I was likely to have on collection and he was like hang on a second....tap tap....right well your car currently has 53% so I'd expect at least 50 on Tuesday.

Mind. Blown

I knew it was possible obviously but it was just so smooth.

Getting M3 delivered (company lease) 9th March. So nothing shows on my Tesla Account.
How/when can you add the car to the Account/App? Do you get a code, or does Tesla activate/add it themselves after delivery somehow?
And just having standard Autopilot... do I still need to drive for a while on motorway to calibrate it? Or is this only for FSD? And if so, do I have to go on motorway for a while and do I have to do something or just drive until a message appears on screen maybe?
Thanks.

Reactions: BigBoy
So as I cycled home today. I saw these beauties near Mecca ( old Trafford). The Tesla lady I spoke said the ones outside are for collection via truck to distribute to other locations and home delivery etc. I could not see my Blue LR. She told me those that are for collection were being held inside the warehouse. We pitch up round the front park our part ex cars and then are brought it to collect. She said it’s pretty cool inside! Looking from the fence I saw nice cars with no obvious panel issues. I’m getting excited now !! View attachment 639907View attachment 639908View attachment 639909 View attachment 639910
Great pics! Mine’s inside somewhere; pick up next Thursday.

I will absoloutely lose it if I see my car in any of these pictures

Phone call from my delivery manager today with final confirmation and a walkthrough of what to expect on the big day, he also clarified exactly where I had to go at Bluewater as I wasn't sure.

The fun thing was when he asked if I had any questions, I asked how much charge I was likely to have on collection and he was like hang on a second....tap tap....right well your car currently has 53% so I'd expect at least 50 on Tuesday.

Mind. Blown

I knew it was possible obviously but it was just so smooth.

Cant wait for next week, we’re collecting from Bluewater on Wednesday, still waiting for the Tesla rep to call, where did they say we can collect from? Only info I have is the Tesla store on the lower level, which doesn’t seem right as Bluewater is closed? Lol!

Last edited:
Getting M3 delivered (company lease) 9th March. So nothing shows on my Tesla Account.
How/when can you add the car to the Account/App? Do you get a code, or does Tesla activate/add it themselves after delivery somehow?
And just having standard Autopilot... do I still need to drive for a while on motorway to calibrate it? Or is this only for FSD? And if so, do I have to go on motorway for a while and do I have to do something or just drive until a message appears on screen maybe?
Thanks.
Once you have signed and accepted the car Tesla activate the link to the app, usually soon afterwards (less than 10 minutes for me but sometimes several hours or next day). Mine is owned not leased so maybe timings could vary in that case.

No, Autopilot does not require a motorway but a variety of roads will speed up activation. We drove less than half a mile to a dual carriageway and within about 20-25 miles both TACC and auto steer were available. It's a long time ago but I believe you see a message advising it's being calibrated & when that's gone it will be working.

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
Cant wait for next week, we’re collecting from Bluewater on Wednesday, still waiting for the Tesla rep to call, where did they say we can collect from? Only info I have is the Tesla store on the lower level, which doesn’t seem right as Bluewater is closed? Lol!

Collecting ours on Monday at Bluewater and would be interested to know where too.

Collecting ours on Monday at Bluewater and would be interested to know where too.

Lol I probably should have just said so in my first message because its quite simply.

Red Car Park

So, if you know Bluewater at all then there's basically a ring road around the entire thing. head for the Red Car Park and there should be signs for the collection area, its basically just in the car park.

Lol I probably should have just said so in my first message because its quite simply.

Red Car Park

So, if you know Bluewater at all then there's basically a ring road around the entire thing. head for the Red Car Park and there should be signs for the collection area, its basically just in the car park.

Thanks for the update @Billbrown1982. When are you picking up? I am picking up on Monday at Bluewater and haven't had a call from Tesla to confirm what to bring - documents wise. I assume just license? No proof of insurance etc?

Thanks

Thanks for the update @Billbrown1982. When are you picking up? I am picking up on Monday at Bluewater and haven't had a call from Tesla to confirm what to bring - documents wise. I assume just license? No proof of insurance etc?

Thanks

Ooo jealous! I'm picking mine up Tuesday, because thats my normal day off so I figured why not wait the extra day....painful though.

Yeah guy just told me driving licence. You show up, someone will check your ID and then remotely unlock your car - all your key cards etc will be inside the car already and thats it. He didn't mention signing paperwork but I assume that will be a step, but they are trying to make it as contactless as possible.