Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to let you know why delivery dates are now being forecast as May and June. Tesla aim (and generally succeed) in selling and delivering every car they make each quarter. It means that the cars to be delivered in Q2, Apr - Jun, will be manufactured from April onwards. Cars for the UK are made in China and it takes a month to ship them over so don't expect any UK deliveries until mid May at the earliest. Don't expect any information updates from Tesla either whilst you are waiting. This is why Tesla buyers become experts in RoRo shipping movements.

I ordered a M3LR on Sunday afternoon, and have had a text this evening to schedule delivery.

Delivery scheduled from Bristol on 22nd March - a very quick turnaround compared to what I was expecting.

No VIN or RN yet, and no where to pay the final deposit off. I assume once VIN/RN are assigned the contract will move from "drafting up your contract" to allow me to sign and pay.

Very strange. When I ordered online I was offered either Newcastle or Belfast (I live in Edinburgh so neither is ideal but would go to Newcastle). I was told that they would deliver direct to my home in Edinburgh. Ordered on March 3rd but still waiting on delivery date. Estimate still says March.
Yep same as I was offered - not ideal options! They've told me they'll deliver to my home address too and say it should be on the 19th so fingers crossed. Given you ordered before me I'd hope you get yours then too - must be a bunch coming at once surely!
Where are you collecting - Glasgow? As I understand Newhouse are not currently performing handovers
I didn't realise Newbridge wasn't available as an option any more - I live on that edge of town so it would have been perfect. Got offered home delivery which in some ways is great - but I kinda would have preferred to pick it up. Wasn't even offered Glasgow :(

Tesla website is showing 250 Model 3s available for delivery before the end of March.

Now is a great time to place an order for instant delivery.

Likely Added Bonus, if you wait until the end of the month to accept delivery you might get free supercharging for a year, and free FSD for three months.

Anyone know when we're likely to find out our VIN or reg numbers? The charging point installers want to know for the OLEV grant thingie and I've no idea when I'll be able to tell them :D luckily the energy saving trust doesn't seem to need that yet, so hopefully I can get one step closer to installing home charging

Tesla website is showing 250 Model 3s available for delivery before the end of March.

Likely Added Bonus, if you wait until the end of the month to accept delivery you might get free supercharging for a year, and free FSD for three months.
Why might we get free supercharging after the end of the month? Even if already ordered a few days ago? What difference does the delivery date make?

I ordered a M3LR on Sunday afternoon, and have had a text this evening to schedule delivery.

Delivery scheduled from Bristol on 22nd March - a very quick turnaround compared to what I was expecting.

No VIN or RN yet, and no where to pay the final deposit off. I assume once VIN/RN are assigned the contract will move from "drafting up your contract" to allow me to sign and pay.
I ordered my Blue M3LR on Saturday for collection from Manchester, still waiting for my VIN.

boohoo 🤣

Why might we get free supercharging after the end of the month? Even if already ordered a few days ago? What difference does the delivery date make?
Tesla like to deliver their vehicles the same quarter they are built. If you’re getting towards the end of the quarter they may incentivise you to collect your vehicle before the end of the month in order to suit their figures.

Reactions: Tigermad
Anyone know when we're likely to find out our VIN or reg numbers? The charging point installers want to know for the OLEV grant thingie and I've no idea when I'll be able to tell them :D luckily the energy saving trust doesn't seem to need that yet, so hopefully I can get one step closer to installing home charging
Who are you getting to install the charge point and how are they?

Tesla like to deliver their vehicles the same quarter they are built. If you’re getting towards the end of the quarter they may incentivise you to collect your vehicle before the end of the month in order to suit their figures.
my order was approved monday, any idea how long matching should take and whether i'd be a help or hinderance by contacting them at this point?

I am seeing between 70 -108 UK model 3's depending on which website I check. How did you get to 250? Not saying you are wrong, just not seeing it on the two sites i've checked.

The Phoenix Works - recommended by a neighbour. Honestly I've no real idea how they are in that all I've done so far is have a short phonecall and then sent some pictures of my circuit boxes & where I want the install to get a quote. I guess that means so far so good, as it's been fairly easy?
I was thinking about these guys too. Mind saying how much you got quoted? Did you have a specific charger in mind?

about these guys too. Mind saying how much you got quoted? Did you have a specif
I went for a MyEnergi Zappi 207UW (I think that's "version 2 7kW Untethered White"... so basically the same as all the other letter soup v2 Zappis) and it's quoted at 799 parts and labour inc VAT so after the Scottish EST thing it should be 500.
I only went for so expensive a charger cause I'm aiming to put on solar next and it gives me options to control charging from the panels and so on. It's quoted as (ex VAT) 200 labour, 100 admin, the rest parts (~5m cable run from my main breaker box, but the cable cost is bundled with various other bits so I can't approximate it on a per-meter basis if you've got a longer run or whatever)

Reactions: Imran145