Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may be better to call them or use the chat facility via the Tesla website. At least you'll get an immediate response. I've read email responses can be hit and miss.
Yes, this. Once I confirmed my 'purchase' (lease), I pretty much never heard from Tesla again by email. Chat works well, though it's pot luck how helpful the person you speak to will be (on a scale of brilliant to useless).

Talking of leasing, my experience was that we asked to pick it up ourselves, and everyone was (eventually) OK with that. Especially as, in our case, it got us the car a little more quickly, but that sounds like it might not be true for some of you at the moment...!

You may be better to call them or use the chat facility via the Tesla website. At least you'll get an immediate response. I've read email responses can be hit and miss.
I never get much luck with the chat service, just got this:

'I have had a look at your order and we are currently waiting for a vehicle to be assigned to your order, once a vehicle has been assigned we will notify you by SMS.

We are waiting for the next shipments of Model 3 Long Range to arrive, we are now currently looking at September delivery. We are starting to allocate vehicles to orders this week. Once a vehicle has been assigned we will have a more accurate date.'

The wait continues...

Ah very exciting to see the flurry of activity today for people who ordered around the same time as me. Mine's a lease as well so periodically checking in via chat to get the latest new but currently nothing beyond expected delivery in September sometime...

I never get much luck with the chat service, just got this:

'I have had a look at your order and we are currently waiting for a vehicle to be assigned to your order, once a vehicle has been assigned we will notify you by SMS.

We are waiting for the next shipments of Model 3 Long Range to arrive, we are now currently looking at September delivery. We are starting to allocate vehicles to orders this week. Once a vehicle has been assigned we will have a more accurate date.'

The wait continues...
I had that very message, but I persisted (I tried again a week later and got someone else; I told them the lease company had said Tesla could talk to me directly as I was getting the same fob-off). The chap then immediately sorted out a - to this day - unspecified problem with the order.

I felt something was wrong, and I'm glad I didn't take 'No' for an answer. Of course, in your case, everything might indeed be fine! But if you're sensing that people whose fleet company placed an order after yours are getting vehicle allocations (and dates), and you're not... Well, it could be worth another go in a few days. I know Tesla seem to assign vehicles quite randomly, but still.

(This assumes you're on a lease. I think I remember reading that you are, but do ignore if I've got that wrong.)

I had that very message, but I persisted (I tried again a week later and got someone else; I told them the lease company had said Tesla could talk to me directly as I was getting the same fob-off). The chap then immediately sorted out a - to this day - unspecified problem with the order.

I felt something was wrong, and I'm glad I didn't take 'No' for an answer. Of course, in your case, everything might indeed be fine! But if you're sensing that people whose fleet company placed an order after yours are getting vehicle allocations (and dates), and you're not... Well, it could be worth another go in a few days. I know Tesla seem to assign vehicles quite randomly, but still.

(This assumes you're on a lease. I think I remember reading that you are, but do ignore if I've got that wrong.)
Spot on, yep a lease car.

I will continue to hound them periodically! It does feel like i'm being fobbed off, I guess that's the Tesla way!

To be fair though I have purchased through BMW, VW and Audi before in the past and from experience these things never go to plan!!

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I ordered my M3LR white with 19” sport wheels and no other options 29th June - Tesla lease.

I got the allocation text last week and this morning got the arrange collection text - Southampton docks 4th September and 6th September were the only options showing. Hopefully you will all have yours soon!

It worries me that you guys are stacking up on the early Sept. delivery slots and I haven't recieved my VIN yet. Hopefully there will be room 😅

I also haven't heard a thing from anyone at Tesla. Emailed my SR three times and heard nothing back, same with the generic UK Tesla email address too...
If you only ordered mid July then your vehicle is probably not be in this batch of vehicles and will need to wait for the next shipment, so possible delivery in mid September.

If you only ordered mid July then your vehicle is probably not be in this batch of vehicles and will need to wait for the next shipment, so possible delivery in mid September.

Yeah, my thoughts too on the mid Sept dates, here's hoping! 🤞 SA finally got back to me, basically just said that its standard to get your VIN around two weeks before delivery. Up to that point, they don't really know much more than we do. Just wait for an automated SMS to come through to arrange your delivery date.

Looking on the shipping movements thread, I'm hoping I get squeezed onto an allocation thats on one of the many ships currently heading over as the system goes through and allocates them.

Will hear back from my SA next week as to whether there is anything allocated on their side, obvs I can keep checking my account and hope hahah. Both have our fingers crossed! I do like the more chill tone of the SA communication.

I was told when I ordered 1st or 2nd week of September, I hope it arrives around then. I move house around then as well, so in one way I would like it before so I can move using it - but on the other hand I kinda want it to come afterwards to save on the mass amount of paper work getting the address changed on everything within a week of it being delivered. First world problems eh!

Reactions: Erol and Achybolo
Looking on the shipping movements thread, I'm hoping I get squeezed onto an allocation thats on one of the many ships currently heading over as the system goes through and allocates them.
I'd expect at least a couple more ships will come over this quarter destined for the UK. I imagine all the vehicles on the current ships are now already allocated. In theory there will be some that won't be delivered due to cancellation of order or people being on holiday etc. but those seem to end up in the 'In transit' inventory rather than being given to the next people on the order list.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Received text today to select collection day and time. Collecting 4th Sept from Glasgow. M3LR blue/black ordered 10th July. Direct purchase.
Disappointed with the Tesla trade-in valuation. Online estimates over £3k more, though I realise the final value will be less but should still be substantially more.
Same here. I can get £4K more selling elsewhere!

Received text today to select collection day and time. Collecting 4th Sept from Glasgow. M3LR blue/black ordered 10th July. Direct purchase.
Disappointed with the Tesla trade-in valuation. Online estimates over £3k more, though I realise the final value will be less but should still be substantially more.
I had the same issue, Tesla’s trade-in valuation was crap, so I sold through motorway.co.uk who got me £5k more. It was a really simple process, definitely glad I did it rather than accepting Tesla’s pitiful valuation.

I had the same issue, Tesla’s trade-in valuation was crap, so I sold through motorway.co.uk who got me £5k more. It was a really simple process, definitely glad I did it rather than accepting Tesla’s pitiful valuation.
Glad to read this as I’m in the same situation as you and @Tomb300. My only small issue is we don’t have a second car so I’m gonna have to sell via Motorway and either by an absolute shi*ter or rent a car for a few weeks until I pick up the Tesla. Rental prices are bonkers tho

Glad to read this as I’m in the same situation as you and @Tomb300. My only small issue is we don’t have a second car so I’m gonna have to sell via Motorway and either by an absolute shi*ter or rent a car for a few weeks until I pick up the Tesla. Rental prices are bonkers tho
I'm in the same boat - sold my SR+ to get the best price in case the price drops this month in anticipation of the September plate coming in, so I'm begging/borrowing the wife's car in the meantime. Delivery of my LR is on the 25th which can't come soon enough!

Had a quick look online for cheap car hire myself and if you are willing to slum it for a while (Corsa) you can hire one for 2 weeks for £470 at rentalcars.com and booking.com

Reactions: NJR46