Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat - sold my SR+ to get the best price in case the price drops this month in anticipation of the September plate coming in, so I'm begging/borrowing the wife's car in the meantime. Delivery of my LR is on the 25th which can't come soon enough!
I'm converting to electric from a Tiguan bi-turbo diesel before the car value falls off a cliff and not payi

Reactions: NJR46
I'm converting to electric from a Tiguan bi-turbo diesel before the car value falls off a cliff and not payi
I'm in the same boat - sold my SR+ to get the best price in case the price drops this month in anticipation of the September plate coming in, so I'm begging/borrowing the wife's car in the meantime. Delivery of my LR is on the 25th which can't come soon enough!
Finger trouble! meant to say '...and not paying £475 road tax'

Reactions: NATO
The exact car I switched from! I sold my Tiguan a month ago. Got more for it than I paid! I’ve been using the wife’s car which hasn’t been much as I’m still WFH at the minute.

My expensive VED was due at the start of August too so managed to dodge that bullet.

The exact car I switched from! I sold my Tiguan a month ago. Got more for it than I paid! I’ve been using the wife’s car which hasn’t been much as I’m still WFH at the minute.

My expensive VED was due at the start of August too so managed to dodge that bullet.
Good dodge, mines was due end October, though it doesn't matter so much these days as you get a refund. As I bought my Tiguan new almost 3 years ago I was always going to take a hit. Though the offers I am getting equate to over 62% of the original value, which I am quite happy with.

Weirdly my Tesla trade-in quote was the best I had by about £500 so I took them up on it, just trying to monitor my current mileage before delivery as it said something about not going over the quoted mileage by 1240 miles and i've currently done about 700 with 2 week to go.

Weirdly my Tesla trade-in quote was the best I had by about £500 so I took them up on it, just trying to monitor my current mileage before delivery as it said something about not going over the quoted mileage by 1240 miles and i've currently done about 700 with 2 week to go.
Same for me. Tesla offer £2.5k more than next nearest offer. I’ve had 20 months motoring and PX is £15 (yes £15) less than I paid and getting £7500 cash back too. Happy days.

Same for me. Tesla offer £2.5k more than next nearest offer. I’ve had 20 months motoring and PX is £15 (yes £15) less than I paid and getting £7500 cash back too. Happy days.
It's crazy the prices just now, I'm 19 months into a PCP which would normally be an absolute no go for changing without a big loss. But i'm looking at about a £2k profit so i'd be mad to not change right now.

Hi all, first post.

New company car via lease - ordered on 24th July. HR approved on 26th July and Tesla confirmed the order on 29th July.

Leasing company have now updated on the online portal with estimated delivery of 30th November but from reading this thread seems it might be sooner.

SR+ in white with no options, I'll keep updating any progress.

Hi is anyone collecting from Manchester? I ordered my M3LR white with black interior and aero wheels on 20 June and I’ve still ha not text. I’m nearest to Leeds, but don’t think they have a delivery option. I’ve been hassling Tesla over email and have not had a lot of success on chat. I just keep getting told it should be soon.

Good dodge, mines was due end October, though it doesn't matter so much these days as you get a refund. As I bought my Tiguan new almost 3 years ago I was always going to take a hit. Though the offers I am getting equate to over 62% of the original value, which I am quite happy with.
I bought my Tiguan last August with delivery mileage. Put 7,500 miles on it and sold it for a £1,500 profit!

Anyone ordering through Zenith or any other less company/salary sacrifice scheme ….once the company have placed the order should you then get a text from Tesla with an RN number? Is that how it works or have I got it wrong? 🤦🏻 Thanks in advance.

Received text today to select collection day and time. Collecting 4th Sept from Glasgow. M3LR blue/black ordered 10th July. Direct purchase.
Disappointed with the Tesla trade-in valuation. Online estimates over £3k more, though I realise the final value will be less but should still be substantially more.

Same here. I can get £4K more selling elsewhere!

I had the same issue, Tesla’s trade-in valuation was crap, so I sold through motorway.co.uk who got me £5k more. It was a really simple process, definitely glad I did it rather than accepting Tesla’s pitiful valuation.

It's crazy the prices just now, I'm 19 months into a PCP which would normally be an absolute no go for changing without a big loss. But i'm looking at about a £2k profit so i'd be mad to not change right now.

Hahah same story as you all, and I'm quite happy to share figures for people wanting to know.

Golf R MK 7.5 2018 reg, 3 years into a 4 year PCP, purchased new. Lapiz blue and Pretoria wheels, so a desired spec.

Was itching to upgrade to a Model 3 and thought, eh, just one more year. That's until someone on reddit pointed at the fact that Golf R's were currently going for £25-28k on the used market... safe to say, I went and test drove a model 3 pretty sharp-ish, knowing the market wouldn't stay this inflated for long.

After the test drive, wanted to place an order. Spoke to the advisor (as he was quite a petrol head) and he knew before doing the Tesla valuation that I should sell privately as I'd get more and advised not to go with the Tesla trade in. Tesla offered me £22k, privately I bagged £25k within an hour (as my car had around ~£1500 worth of damage, I maybe could have pushed £26k). PCP was just under £18k, so they settled the finance with VW Finance and paid me the rest, pocketed £7k in equity out of the transaction. Absolutely mind blown that the market was so mental that I was able to do that. Didn't take the keys until they'd paid me and VW Finance and sent through confirmation.

All in, that Golf R cost me around £3k to put 20k amazingly fun miles on it, as I got a damn good deal on it when I bought it.

Funny thing is, I bought it through CarWow three years ago and they had just released a new selling thing called Wizzle the weekend I decided to sell. Painless and managed to get £3k more selling privately. Sure there is a bit more paper work and hassle, but it was well worth it for pocketing an extra £3k.

Godsmacked, defo not expecting to be able to do that with the Model 3, as I'd expect the insane used market to have settled down by then for the Model 3. I mean, the M3 has currently appreciated in value, so no way that is going to last.

Anyone ordering through Zenith or any other less company/salary sacrifice scheme ….once the company have placed the order should you then get a text from Tesla with an RN number? Is that how it works or have I got it wrong? 🤦🏻 Thanks in advance.
Done mine through salary sacrifice and got the RN via Tesla text about a week after the company said they ordered the car.

No joke, I’ve had two new EVs in the last two months, upgrading to a LR because of the crazy used market right now.

Sold a 3 week old VW ID.3 to Tesla for MORE than I paid for it to fund a Model 3 SR+, then sold that for what I paid for it a month later and now just waiting on my LR.

I can’t believe I’ve managed to do that because normally it’s YEARS before you’re in a position to change cars with PCP!

Reactions: moodel_tree
No joke, I’ve had two new EVs in the last two months, upgrading to a LR because of the crazy used market right now.

Sold a 3 week old VW ID.3 to Tesla for MORE than I paid for it to fund a Model 3 SR+, then sold that for what I paid for it a month later and now just waiting on my LR.

I can’t believe I’ve managed to do that because normally it’s YEARS before you’re in a position to change cars with PCP!
I thought I was bad having 3 cars in 5 years! You've had 2 in 2 months! 😁