Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We Buy Any Car is offering more for my V90 diesel than I paid for it eight months and 9000 miles ago. Will probably stick it on Wizzle, can't imagine that the WBAC price is competitive.
WBAC wasn't that competitive for me. I paid £33k August 2020 for my Tiguan R-Line Tech 240 BiTdi with 18 miles (pre-reg). WBAC offered me just over £30k for it with 7,500 miles. I sold it to GoodbyeCar for £34,500! Crazy!

I just got off the phone with Tesla just to see if there are any updates on their end that haven't been pushed to me yet. I did ask about when I can expect a car to be allocated to me and I was told that they're still going through and allocating vehicles to customers. According to them I should expect a text message about having a vehicle allocated to me within the next week.

Edit: I did also ask about whether or not I'll get an early September delivery or expect it later than that, but was told that they can't say until a vehicle has been matched to me.

I just got off the phone with Tesla just to see if there are any updates on their end that haven't been pushed to me yet. I did ask about when I can expect a car to be allocated to me and I was told that they're still going through and allocating vehicles to customers. According to them I should expect a text message about having a vehicle allocated to me within the next week.

Edit: I did also ask about whether or not I'll get an early September delivery or expect it later than that, but was told that they can't say until a vehicle has been matched to me.
Interested to see when you get your allocation as you have exactly the same car on order as me! I have pickup from Southampton Docks.

Reactions: sheresingh
Hi is anyone collecting from Manchester? I ordered my M3LR white with black interior and aero wheels on 20 June and I’ve still ha not text. I’m nearest to Leeds, but don’t think they have a delivery option. I’ve been hassling Tesla over email and have not had a lot of success on chat. I just keep getting told it should be soon.
I ordered an LR in silver with black interior on 10 July for delivery from Manchester. I'm in Hull and would have preferred Leeds but when I did the test drive they told me collection there wasn't an option.

Not received a delivery date yet. Chat with Tesla last week was still saying end of August/beginning of September.

Hi,
I have had variable response from the online chat. I was told delivery September but in such an off hand way I decided to chase it up. My complication is that I have ammended my order (blue LR) to include a tow hitch. Emails response puts that at November (though I have seen tow hitch cars in transit in the inventory). Also live near Leeds but that no longer seems to be a delivery option - maybe a covid secure thing??

Hi is anyone collecting from Manchester? I ordered my M3LR white with black interior and aero wheels on 20 June and I’ve still ha not text. I’m nearest to Leeds, but don’t think they have a delivery option. I’ve been hassling Tesla over email and have not had a lot of success on chat. I just keep getting told it should be soon.
We ordered a M3LR, Black, Black Interior on 13th July. Collection from Manchester. We have a showroom near us in Chester, but they said that Chester was not able to do the collection so we have to go to Manchester. Not had any updates yet, other then due by end of September.

Hi,
I have had variable response from the online chat. I was told delivery September but in such an off hand way I decided to chase it up. My complication is that I have ammended my order (blue LR) to include a tow hitch. Emails response puts that at November (though I have seen tow hitch cars in transit in the inventory). Also live near Leeds but that no longer seems to be a delivery option - maybe a covid secure thing??
Strangely my wife thinks collection from Manchester (Trafford Centre) is much better than Leeds! 🤣

Hi,

The LR might be getting a bigger battery pack in Q4 this year so if your delivery date is in November, that isn't necessarily bad.

Unless you desperately need a car!

How far in advance of delivery do you usually get told your registration number?

From what I've been told, can be as soon as a few weeks or right up against your delivery date, its quite subjective.

I was trying to get that out of my SA (I don't have a VIN or anything yet) so I could plan for insurance, to hit that ~20 day golden window. Although, I think I'm just gonna try and get a policy without a reg and give them the details at a later date, but I need to get my delivery date through first to sort that!

Reactions: sheresingh
From what I've been told, can be as soon as a few weeks or right up against your delivery date, its quite subjective.

I was trying to get that out of my SA (I don't have a VIN or anything yet) so I could plan for insurance, to hit that ~20 day golden window. Although, I think I'm just gonna try and get a policy without a reg and give them the details at a later date, but I need to get my delivery date through first to sort that!
what's this 20 day golden window I keep hearing about?

what's this 20 day golden window I keep hearing about?

It’s a fairly widely held belief that the best renewal / quote prices are those obtained circa 21 days before date of start / renewal of insurance YMMV

Pretty much this. Here is a link to MSE on their findings, but ideally the sooner the better. As with all insurance its all a load of bs as always as to finding the best deal, so anything to give them less money!

This is a quick and dirty chart from the article.

12494-Car-Insurance-Optimum-time-to-buy-v5%20(002).png.rendition.764.698.png

Looks like another load of cars have appeared on the Inventory page, looks like another ship setting sail for the UK?
Oh wow, yeah there's a ton of them that have appeared now. I find it interesting how there are cars listed that a number of us have configured for even though we haven't received our texts yet. There's only a portion of the cars that say that they're in transit too.