Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine looks like this (attached with personal info redacted). I fully paid 8 days ago and got a call to confirm the appointment on Friday and a "Delivery Appointment Reminder" email today. I would have expected them to have been in contact with you already but it's also probably fine.
Mine looks the same to be fair but no final invoice on mine but mines a lease so it has a down payment invoice instead.

I’ve sent the deliverygb email address asking if everything is still on track so we’ll see if I get a reply tomorrow.

Reactions: moodel_tree
I ordered M3 LR Blue/Black with 19" wheels on the 26th July
Seen several matching cars in the inventory come and go
Spoke to Luke via on-line chat today - basically told to sit tight.

I was in the same position, ordered a week before you. My SA piped up out of the blue and made it his mission to get me a car assigned that day (after ignoring emails for a week or so due to junk problems and being on AL). He did get one allocated, but that was Monday last week. I then didn't get my assignment text until Wednesday. I had to get my VIN via the online chat on Friday.

The online portal has been useless for information. I suggest just trying to get through to different people on the online chat or your SA/delivery centre. (where you ordered the car to be delivered, as they will assign an SA if you don't have one.)

Still, as I check the online portal right now, according to that I don't have an EDD or VIN. Its still the same as when I ordered nearly a month ago. I've never had an EDD (I think this is a UK thing? As the US gets one) and the VIN is yet to appear online - although I've been told this is a website issue due to recent upgrades. I mean, it has refused to work for me at all a few days, so I wouldn't be suprised. I'm still not 100% sure if my VIN is even correct TBH given how little information I've been given.

I should apparently be recieving a delivery text this week, due to my assignment text last week, but at this point who knows.

I've resigned myself to the fact I won't be getting my car when I was told, its going to be at least a few weeks after that (end of September I'm guessing) if I'm lucky.

I spoke to Daria on the online chat and they were really friendly, informative, banterous and helpful. Luke just said to sit tight and didn't really say much, although bet they get hit all the time with it so not really their fault.

It is also worth noting that all the current inventory cars are ones that are not yet in the UK, at least the ones that kept appearing on the online portal. You can check the manufacture date in source and all of them were made on or after the 1st of August, so still require shipping over which will be an minimum a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyg_ev
I was in the same position, ordered a week before you. My SA piped up out of the blue and made it his mission to get me a car assigned that day (after ignoring emails for a week or so due to junk problems and being on AL). He did get one allocated, but that was Monday last week. I then didn't get my assignment text until Wednesday. I had to get my VIN via the online chat on Friday.

The online portal has been useless for information. I suggest just trying to get through to different people on the online chat or your SA/delivery centre. (where you ordered the car to be delivered, as they will assign an SA if you don't have one.)

Still, as I check the online portal right now, according to that I don't have an EDD or VIN. Its still the same as when I ordered nearly a month ago. I've never had an EDD (I think this is a UK thing? As the US gets one) and the VIN is yet to appear online - although I've been told this is a website issue due to recent upgrades. I mean, it has refused to work for me at all a few days, so I wouldn't be suprised. I'm still not 100% sure if my VIN is even correct TBH.

I've resigned myself to the fact I won't be getting my car when I was told, its going to be at least a few weeks after that (end of September I'm guessing).

I spoke to Daria on the online chat and they were really friendly, informative, banterous and helpful. Luke just said to sit tight and didn't really say much, although bet they get hit all the time with it so not really their fault.

It is also worth noting that the inventory cars are ones that are not yet in the UK, at least the ones that kept appearing on the online portal. You can check the manufacture date in source and all of them were made on or after the 1st of August, so still require shipping over which will be an minimum a month.
Dont you have a VIN on your booking invoice online ?

makes sense, as I had it straight away but one thing bothering me is that my vin is 333* whereas the M3 performance now showing on inventory are 32* , not sure how is that worked out as my VIN seem to be later than the current inventory even though I ordered 2 weeks ago.

VIN's aren't sequentially ordered, so they may be all over the place (within given bounds). Also, the ones in the inventory may have been allocated or built prior to your order too. Who knows, this is Tesla haha

I've yet to get any delivery date/VIN number thus far. Everytime I ask I just get the same old response :(

I had to put pressure on my SA in the end to push things along as with the amount going through inventory in my exact spec and the ship allocations filling up for quater end, I was getting nervous I wouldn't see an allocation. I'm sure you will, as they'll push for quater end and there are quite a few ships heading over as we speak filled with Model 3's. If the wait is killing you (as it does us all!) then I'd keep trying to reach out to your SA and enquiring as to why you haven't seen an allocation yet. Although the delay in allocation has meant that I'm no where near my original estimated delivery window from the SA...

In my case, I had been allocated a VIN, it just hadn't come through to me yet. Only their internal systems could see it. I did have an allocation text though last Wednesday after being 'allocated' the car last Monday, with me asking the online chat for an update (and thus getting my VIN) last Friday as my SA had ghosted me yet again. Ended up having to reach out to online chat, in which they mentioned they did have a VIN for me if I wanted it - which was awesome!

I am a bit confused around Tesla orders. I had placed mine through my works company car scheme. Called Tesla and they said they couldn't talk to me until the lease company gave approval. Dropped them an email, they have contacted Tesla and given them approval to talk to me now. They did say this on the response back to me:

"We do have shipments of Model 3 Performance en route for September deliveries. Cars are matched to orders once they have set sail from Shanghai. I'd say mid to late September for this order"

So does that mean you don't get a VIN until its on a ship? On the up side at least I can now call Tesla and check how it works!

Is that true for inventory orders as well?
People's orders are possibly matched before they are on a ship but it isn't visible. Once all those orders have been matched then spare inventory becomes available, and you see the 'in transit' on the website. In transit means it has left the factory production line and it on its way to the destination country rather than necessarily onboard a sailing ship.

Communication about the match and scheduling of deliveries only happens once a ship has set sail, at which time they have a pretty good idea when the vehicles will arrive in the destination country. Before then they may not be 100% sure which vehicles will get aboard and if the ship will depart on schedule.

VINs have also been known to change, an initial allocation just to reserve one of the vehicles of the correct specification, and then the actual vehicle you will receive. Calculated after delivery date confirmed, possibly based on information on how the vehicles have been loaded/will be unloaded, its onward destination SC etc.

Reactions: TesTed
I got my VIN as soon as I ordered an inventory car but it’s not immediately obvious, I just noticed it in the booking invoice that appears on your account
I got that as well but does that mean it's on a ship already, seems like it means its actually left the factory (as VIN gets generated when leaving the factory I assume) and that's it, anyhow I have been told 3rd week of Sept should be on Dionysos Leader seems like which comes in around second week of Sept.