Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a recurring theme here that Manchester collections are getting no info from Tesla?
I’m assuming now that Manchester is a lower volume area, hence it takes longer to build up a batch of orders to be shipped over. Of course that might not be it at all!

I ordered on July 3rd (M3LR Blue), and haven’t had any communication since then other than the (seemingly redundant) finance re-confirmation email on Friday.

I checked the page source again later that day and found that there is now a VIN present. So looks like we might have hit critical mass! 😉

I’m now tracking Grand Ruby for my car.

I’m assuming now that Manchester is a lower volume area, hence it takes longer to build up a batch of orders to be shipped over. Of course that might not be it at all!

I ordered on July 3rd (M3LR Blue), and haven’t had any communication since then other than the (seemingly redundant) finance re-confirmation email on Friday.

I checked the page source again later that day and found that there is now a VIN present. So looks like we might have hit critical mass! 😉

Interesting. Is your finance personal or business? Mine’s BCH and all info vanished from my account as soon as it was approved - which Tesla did tell me would happen. So I’ve no way of viewing anything.

Last edited:

I ordered on 6th August for Manchester delivery and found my VIN in source yesterday so I’m also presuming Grand Ruby. It’s fair to say that Tesla’s communication skills leave a lot to be desired. It would help enormously if I had a reasonable idea of when I’ll get my car, but I know I’ll have to take delivery when it’s convenient for Tesla, not when it’s convenient for me.

You can only get 8 on a transporter.....

Hi all, new here!

Have ordered a M3LR in white/black with standard wheels through NHS Fleet Solutions on 30th July. Have got my RN and spoken to Tesla who said delivery estimate is September, “hopefully second week”.

Anyone else ordered through NHS? Does this seem about right?

Thanks!
I am also getting through NHS Fleet, though the lease company is actually Kinto. I expect you'll get it September though 2nd week will likely be the ship before yours. If you go over to the excellent shipping thread and keep an eye out for mentions of Grand Ruby, I'll bet that's the one yours is on

I ordered on 6th August for Manchester delivery and found my VIN in source yesterday so I’m also presuming Grand Ruby. It’s fair to say that Tesla’s communication skills leave a lot to be desired. It would help enormously if I had a reasonable idea of when I’ll get my car, but I know I’ll have to take delivery when it’s convenient for Tesla, not when it’s convenient for me.
To be fair, you ordered your car less than 3 weeks ago, I assume you were told September at that point. Not sure what else they can do given they're entirely at the mercy of the shipping lanes and weather?

Interesting. Is your finance personal or business? Mine’s BCH and all info vanished from my account as soon as it was approved - which Tesla did tell me would happen. So I’ve so way of viewing anything.
I’m financing via Tesla loan. My email on Friday was another ‘Review your Tesla Loan Offer’ which I’d already done in early July. Gave me a hint that there was some activity on my account though! My account page does show the terms of my agreement though.

You can only get 8 on a transporter.....
Yes, I don’t know what constitutes a batch in Tesla world 🤷‍♂️ I’m just going off what’s been said in the past about your location affecting your delivery timescales.

I think the reason for any perceived delay could be due to a number of factors, but I think the main one is a general lack of communication!

Hi guys, lurker here (since mid July) thought I'd join as this forum seems very good for Tesla owners.

I ordered a M3 LR Blue/Black 18" at the end of July and got the same email as most of you on Friday so I'm tracking the GRAND RUBY with anticipation. Expecting delivery but not confirmed by anyone on W/C 20th Sept in Belfast.

I also know that Tesla has provisionally booked the transport from Southampton to Belfast for Friday the 27th Aug, so this would be the Glovis Summit stock. ETA in Belfast is 1st Sept allowing for a Monday pickup.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
To be fair, you ordered your car less than 3 weeks ago, I assume you were told September at that point. Not sure what else they can do given they're entirely at the mercy of the shipping lanes and weather?
Yes, that’s fair enough, but ships are able to estimate their schedule with great accuracy and it takes some pretty severe weather to cause problems. Just a reasonable, non binding estimate would be useful. I need to know when to sell my current car, and given that I’m going to have to collect my M3 I’ll have to arrange some time off work, which can’t be done at short notice. Oh my, I haven’t had to collect a car in more than 30 years.

I’m financing via Tesla loan. My email on Friday was another ‘Review your Tesla Loan Offer’ which I’d already done in early July. Gave me a hint that there was some activity on my account though! My account page does show the terms of my agreement though.

Yes, I don’t know what constitutes a batch in Tesla world 🤷‍♂️ I’m just going off what’s been said in the past about your location affecting your delivery timescales.

I think the reason for any perceived delay could be due to a number of factors, but I think the main one is a general lack of communication!
I think the biggest delay is that they're not used to our sunny weather in Manchester......;)

Just a quick reminder that Tesla don't build to order, they build whatever is convenient to them at the time and then match the output to outstanding orders. It means that some people can get matched almost straightaway while others wait and wait and get very frustrated. Additionally, the inventory isn't always what we would normally consider as inventory ie in stock. These are cars that have been produced that remain unmatched to orders. They could still be in Shanghai on the dockside but more often than not are actually on a boat, somewhere. Cars can also appear in inventory when the shipment has arrived in country and the order for some reason doesn't get fulfilled - a penalty of only requiring a £100 deposit. I'm not sure how many orders fall by the wayside in this way but Tesla will have an idea and I expect they allow for it. So just because you have ordered an inventory car doesn't mean you can expect immediate delivery.
As always there will be a delivery frenzy at the end of the quarter which in this case is the end of September. Tesla want to ensure that every car produced in a given quarter is delivered within the same quarter - it's an excellent business practice if quarterly balance sheet figures are important to you, along with selling your product before you have to pay your suppliers. Anyway, very few orders will be left outstanding by the end of September. Tesla will also want to feature in the 'best selling car' stats for September and so don't be too surprised if you are encouraged to wait for the new reg coming out on 1 Sep (a UK thing).

So am I right in saying that leased car owners wont be able to view their VIN in source code?
my car has a RN but no information further yet except “mid to end September”.
on my Tesla account I cannot see any orders or vehicles on there even though Tesla are the ones that sent SMS, Tesla are also the people that generated my online account

Reactions: mosraza
My VIN appeared in source code on the 19th Aug for me when GRAND RUBY departed.

Has anyone had a text message yet saying you’ve been allocated a car?
I also has my VIN appear at the same time but haven't got a text message yet. Only thing was another email to review my finance.
Same thing here, assuming we'll hear something by text maybe tomorrow but who knows.

Reactions: sheresingh