Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my LR while I still had my month-old SR+, and completed the finance application as part of the order process.

Obviously the intention was to settle the SR+ finance prior to the delivery of the LR and my SA said he’d contact finance to let them know so it wouldn’t affect my finance application for the new LR.

Imagine my surprise when Tesla insta-approved the finance for a second Model 3 (SA hadn’t contacted them at this point). Actually really surprised it didn’t set off some flags or at least a manual intervention for them to check why I wanted a second Model 3 after a month! But no, they were happy to sell another car I guess!
Ha ha, I know, crazy hey. I was surprised too as I still owe £30k on the RR and then the additional huge sum for the Tesla M3P. You'd think alarm bells would have been going off all over the shop!

Reactions: NATO
Id honestly prefer anything, even A$$ over KFC. It’s personal is all I can say haha. This is the first time I can justify a custom plate so I ordered one with letters only I’ll understand the meaning of. Looking forward
KFC - that's horrible - I think I'd be willing to cancel the car and wait another 2 months if they didn't change it.
Out of interest where are you picking it up? Could all the cars from there be the colonel sanders edition?

Hello, first time poster here.

ordered a SR+ white/black through Knowles (nhs salary sacrifice). The order was placed by Knowles with Tesla on the 3rd of August. No RN received, no allocation and no delivery date.

is this normal?

If I have not even received a RN yet should I be expecting to receive the car in the next quarter, potentially December?

ordered a SR+ white/black through Knowles (nhs salary sacrifice). The order was placed by Knowles with Tesla on the 3rd of August. No RN received, no allocation and no delivery date.

is this normal?

If I have not even received a RN yet should I be expecting to receive the car in the next quarter, potentially December?
All depends on Knowles. I have one through NHS but lease company are Kinto - I had a text through from Tesla with my RN just after they put the order in. I would chase NHSFS and Knowles, if you have a contact, insisting on an RN

HI All,

Ordered via work through a lease company. Comms have been next to zero apart from an email of confirmation 4/8/21 and set up account.

Called Tesla and got my RN and then via webchat they said I was allocated with VIN 328xxx

Anyone else have that VIN sequence and know which ship you're on?

Or perhaps they are sequential and in that case, who knows!

HI All,

Ordered via work through a lease company. Comms have been next to zero apart from an email of confirmation 4/8/21 and set up account.

Called Tesla and got my RN and then via webchat they said I was allocated with VIN 328xxx

Anyone else have that VIN sequence and know which ship you're on?

Or perhaps they are sequential and in that case, who knows!
I don't think they're sequential. From what I've seen they can only give you an idea up to 2 or 3 different ships that have already left Shanghai.

is this normal?

Hi. My order was for the same spec with Knowles. Timeline was: Car ordered according to my Knowles account was 15th June. Got a text from Tesla with a RN on 2nd July. Not sure if this meant the car wasn't ordered on the 15th or there is a delay in the lessee getting the RN.

Hope this helps.

really good to hear you got that service. It’s pretty much radio silence and I’m not allowed to know the vessel my car is on, it’s like the worlds most closely guarded secret with my SA.
Reading through the posts on this subject, the experience I have had with my SA seems to be the exception as opposed to the rule. Though, it may be just that it is the typical British persona were the poor experiences make more headlines than the good experiences. I know it must be frustrating waiting on information or a response, however maybe we should also identify and acknowledge more of the better experiences with the SA's

Finally just received my allocation text!

Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

any idea how long between allocation and delivery date??

I called Tesla earlier. I don't have a VIN or delivery date other than "mid-late Sept". I was advised to sit tight for a couple of weeks as my VIN is yet to be allocated (expectation management - under promise and over deliver) but she did reassure me I'd be able to take delivery in Sept however she couldn't confirm when in Sept. I suspect my order is on Triton Ace which means it'll be ready for collection after the 20th Sept based on what I've read so far.

Those that placed an order in late Aug (like I did) and your estimated delivery was September, then there's a high probability you've not missed the boat (no pun intended). Just sit tight, you've not been forgotten about. I get the feeling there is still a lot of manual data input happening behind the scenes at Tesla and systems might simply be slow to update. As forward thinking and advanced a company might be, never forget the human element somewhere in the chain that's destined to slow things down.

All being well, this time next month we'll all be sharing pics/updates on delivery/collection day!

Reactions: atcoloz and NJR46
Not sure what's going on with my delivery date.

Ordered: 31st July
Allocation SMS: 13th August
Found VIN that date: 321***
Chose to collect from Bham NEC Hall 16

Rang my SA today for the first time and still no delivery date and saying the car will arrive in the UK the last week in September.
That doesn't fit in with any of the other reports on here.
I thought my car would be on Grand Ruby worst case but seems like it might even be on Triton Ace as the dates seem so far away into September.

Not impressed so far with Tesla's customer service.

Finally just received my allocation text!

Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

any idea how long between allocation and delivery date??
I got my allocation text on monday and delivery text on tuesday. Delivery to my work address is Tuesday 21st Sep