Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car on Thursday. The car seemed pretty much flawless. The paint was fine, no panel gap issues. The ones alongside also looked good. It looks like they are really getting on top of their quality issues. The car was charged to 92%. Overall I am very happy. All the important stuff is working fine. I had a very enjoyable 69 mile drive back home.

I did forget to check on some minor details though. They did not give me a USB drive for sentry mode. And they supplied rear wheel mud flaps (front ones are already fitted), but there are no bolts to fit them. Apparently I will need to contact a service centre to get hold of those.

The final niggle: the app was able to connect to the car, but was unable to send commands, e.g. activate AC. I called customer support. They said they would get someone to look at it remotely to see if it could be fixed. I was slightly dubious when they asked me if I had a Model Y! But overnight the app has updated (on my Android phone) to version 4, and everything is now working. No idea if Tesla did something or the new app fixed it, but at least it is all working.

Picked up my car on Thursday. The car seemed pretty much flawless. The paint was fine, no panel gap issues. The ones alongside also looked good. It looks like they are really getting on top of their quality issues. The car was charged to 92%. Overall I am very happy. All the important stuff is working fine. I had a very enjoyable 69 mile drive back home.

I did forget to check on some minor details though. They did not give me a USB drive for sentry mode. And they supplied rear wheel mud flaps (front ones are already fitted), but there are no bolts to fit them. Apparently I will need to contact a service centre to get hold of those.

The final niggle: the app was able to connect to the car, but was unable to send commands, e.g. activate AC. I called customer support. They said they would get someone to look at it remotely to see if it could be fixed. I was slightly dubious when they asked me if I had a Model Y! But overnight the app has updated (on my Android phone) to version 4, and everything is now working. No idea if Tesla did something or the new app fixed it, but at least it is all working.
Are they sending you a USB drive?

If not, they’re only £24 on amazon with prime delivery:

Reactions: teaston

I found this Check list. But reading this makes me think it needs some additions lol. Anyone else want to add to my ever growing list of things to check on pick up?

I found this Check list. But reading this makes me think it needs some additions lol. Anyone else want to add to my ever growing list of things to check on pick up?
I got this list from What The Tesla YouTube channel, it's fairly comprehensive. I think I noticed some things in your link, he may have missed, so I'll add them onto this one before I print it out and take with me on collection day

Attachments

• WTT-Tesla-Collection-Checklist.pdf
    200.9 KB · Views: 40
Just curious: anyone with an appointment in September expecting a tow bar? I added one and was warned it may mean a delay to November, but have a Sep delivery. I did double check but still a bit nervous it won't have one on the day. First thing on the checklist!

Just curious: anyone with an appointment in September expecting a tow bar? I added one and was warned it may mean a delay to November, but have a Sep delivery. I did double check but still a bit nervous it won't have one on the day. First thing on the checklist!
Theres a video on youtube about how to install the towbar. If they've forgotten to put it in the frunk/trunk, I expect you'll be able to pick one up at your local dealership? Or maybe they can post one out to you? Unless of course you need it immediately, then that becomes a little more complicated. Fingers crossed for you mate.

Thanks Ruprekt. I mean the tow hitch option at the rear. I believe it has to be factory fitted to avoid voiding insurance. Thanks for the tips though!

By coincidence my pickup is Bristol but I'm a couple of weeks behind you. I hope yours is in great shape and that all goes well!

Reactions: Ruprekt