Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Timelog of my order process with Tesla - Very happy with everything so far

M3LR - Black & Black
Order date - 16 July - £100 deposit paid
Tesla loan approved 16 July
Car allocation text 23 Aug
Book collection text 24 August
Deposit paid 1 September
VIn & license plate text 4 September
Collect 21 September Birmingham NEC
My collection is the 25th sept Bluewater but I don't have my reg yet. If u have urs already hopefully I get my reg this week 🤞🏾

How is everyone doing who have collected cars this weekends?? Let’s see your photos!!
Received on Thursday, love it so far! I haven't spotted any issues/flaws, but it is hard when you are a bit giddy...

Went out for lunch on Saturday and charged for free for three hours up to 100% (I was conscious of hogging it but it was very quiet at the hotel). Was fun reviewing sentry mode watching my father in law trying to get into the car while he 'went to the loo'! We have a small baby and I think the acceleration isn't great for him as it makes his head come off his car seat... may have to be careful with that.

The only niggle so far was my experience at the super charger in Wyboston. It was quite slow (although I started charging at 50%) and at 0.36p/kwh pricier than I was expecting given a lot of Tesla's online material suggests it would be 0.28p/kwh. Oh and my referral miles haven't come through.

So in short, love the car. Need to chase up my miles!

Tesla (2).jpg

Last edited:
VIN can be found on your lending agreement. Also if you download latest app, should be visible under Settings > Notifications > Vehicles (may be different for iOS)
Lastly, you can find it on your account page (done on pc/laptop), right click on page > view page source > search for VIN, should begin with LRW.

My SA literally ghosted me after I gave him my RN. Before I actually ordered, in our email conversations, he kept reminding me to give him the RN when I ordered so he could "keep me up to date" on the progress of my order. Tbh, I don't know if the text messages I've received (allocation, and delivery texts) are from him or automated.

I did email him after my order to ask him about the wrapping company he recommended when I was in store, but I never got a reply so...🤷

He did help with arranging a test drive, answered a few questions I had. But I was always planning to get the M3, so I would have ordered with or without his input.
I don’t have a vin in the source code, got an email reply from Tesla saying I would receive a text with the vin and reg 7-10 days before collection date

Hi all.
First post. Been reading a number of these informative posts over the last week or two, so thanks to the contributors.
I ordered my first Tesla (SR+) on 2nd September and this morning have a notice on my account saying 'Your delivery is on hold'. It goes on to say the delivery is on hold until 7th October and to click 'I'm ready' so that I will be notified when the next model 3 with my configuration is available. I assume this is just another step in the process and the 7th isn't even a remote possibility for a delivery date? November was quoted when I ordered.
Thanks.

Hi all.
First post. Been reading a number of these informative posts over the last week or two, so thanks to the contributors.
I ordered my first Tesla (SR+) on 2nd September and this morning have a notice on my account saying 'Your delivery is on hold'. It goes on to say the delivery is on hold until 7th October and to click 'I'm ready' so that I will be notified when the next model 3 with my configuration is available. I assume this is just another step in the process and the 7th isn't even a remote possibility for a delivery date? November was quoted when I ordered.
Thanks.
I’d ignore that date and just take it that if someone cancels their collection or fails finance, you will get a message saying a car is ready at a seconds notice

Hi all.
Thanks.
Had the same today also with the same dates, I phoned them because I was also wondering the same thing.

They said they expect deliveries in November, So Oct 7 is when the delivery process will start, not the date you would expect delivery. I did mention it was a bit confusing. It’s unlikely selecting “I’m ready” will get you one sooner as there’s no extras, only cancellations, but worth a try, I’ve personally not pressed it and left it as it is

(also this is my first post here, 👋)

Reactions: Magstauk
morning all, just texted Tesla with ‘reg number?’ And got my registration allocation text! Pick up on 25/9 so they’ve probably allocated a few of ours. Handy for insurance purposes but I’m putting a private reg as soon as I’m home.
Lucky, I did the same thing on Friday, they replied Sunday saying that they’ll send it to me 7 days before pickup date - which is 22/9 for me

Reactions: moodel_tree
Picked up my car on Thursday. The car seemed pretty much flawless. The paint was fine, no panel gap issues. The ones alongside also looked good. It looks like they are really getting on top of their quality issues. The car was charged to 92%. Overall I am very happy. All the important stuff is working fine. I had a very enjoyable 69 mile drive back home.

I did forget to check on some minor details though. They did not give me a USB drive for sentry mode. And they supplied rear wheel mud flaps (front ones are already fitted), but there are no bolts to fit them. Apparently I will need to contact a service centre to get hold of those.

The final niggle: the app was able to connect to the car, but was unable to send commands, e.g. activate AC. I called customer support. They said they would get someone to look at it remotely to see if it could be fixed. I was slightly dubious when they asked me if I had a Model Y! But overnight the app has updated (on my Android phone) to version 4, and everything is now working. No idea if Tesla did something or the new app fixed it, but at least it is all working.
I believe that the ones in the boot are extensions for the front mudflaps not rear ones
Well not as soon as your home :) you will have to wait for the V5C to arrive 1st
You can put them on straight away once all updated online

Reactions: moodel_tree
order date: silver midnight 3 SR+ 08/08, allocate text 23/08, schedule delivery 24/08. Deposit paid 02/09, Allocate Reg number 06/09. Picking up on 18/09 Brent Cross.
I paid my deposit on 25th August and I havent received reg number yet. Maybe something will come through this week. Also picking up from Brent Cross on 18th!

I believe that the ones in the boot are extensions for the front mudflaps not rear ones
Damn, can anyone else confirm they are only exntensions for front mudflaps, and that rear are not included? I recently returned my after market set😅