Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to Tesla, moving after years of BMW. I’m less than impressed with the online purchasing experience. The account tab and communication is ok, but delivery is my issue.
The first day they will allow collection is the 30th. If I can’t collect it before the “end of Sep” I lose my allocation and will have to wait until Nov……er sorry Elon but your dictating I can only collect that one day….not a great start.
It’s also the day after my 20ty Wedding Anniversary so it’s mucked up my plans.

Tesla, this is not the way to build new customer relationships.

Reactions: pawelp
I’m due to pick up on the 30th September but no VIN as yet…. Is this normal? On on Tesla loan if that makes a difference
VIN can be found on your lending agreement. Also if you download latest app, should be visible under Settings > Notifications > Vehicles (may be different for iOS)
Lastly, you can find it on your account page (done on pc/laptop), right click on page > view page source > search for VIN, should begin with LRW.

My “SA” is only the contact who showed me around the car on my test drive. I’ve pestered her since with questions and she’s been great.
My SA literally ghosted me after I gave him my RN. Before I actually ordered, in our email conversations, he kept reminding me to give him the RN when I ordered so he could "keep me up to date" on the progress of my order. Tbh, I don't know if the text messages I've received (allocation, and delivery texts) are from him or automated.

I did email him after my order to ask him about the wrapping company he recommended when I was in store, but I never got a reply so...🤷

He did help with arranging a test drive, answered a few questions I had. But I was always planning to get the M3, so I would have ordered with or without his input.

Being delivered next week and not had the VIN or number plate yet.
You should receive reg at least 5 days before delivery date. I'd definitely, chase up on it if you don't receive by that timeframe.

I’m new to Tesla, moving after years of BMW. I’m less than impressed with the online purchasing experience. The account tab and communication is ok, but delivery is my issue.
The first day they will allow collection is the 30th. If I can’t collect it before the “end of Sep” I lose my allocation and will have to wait until Nov……er sorry Elon but your dictating I can only collect that one day….not a great start.

Basically, they're trying to push out as many vehicles as possible by end of Q3. So they'll just give the car to someone else because they know someone will take it due to the high demand.

I don't know if this still happens or if it's ever happened in the UK market but I've read some stories in other threads about how the delivery person might push you to sign for the vehicle before completing your checks. Obviously being the end of Q3 rush, they're trying to get as many vehicles out of their system.
But should you find anything seriously wrong with the car (which is not likely) you can no longer refuse delivery as it's now signed over and registered to you. So you'll have to book it in for service instead.

Just something to be wary of as a lot of us are picking up our cars this month

One thing to bear in mind is that you're dealing directly with the manufacturer, not a dealer. The customer experience is totally different as a result. It does take a little getting used to. I've been a bmw driver for 10 years and the customer service and experience delivered by the dealers has been great. There's always a little fanfare.

With Telsa, they don't have the scope to provide the same level of service because they (a) need to keep their costs down and margins high, and (b) it's end of quarter so they need as many vehicles delivered/collected as possible. I've experienced the same mad rush and somewhat lacking customer service with Sytner when I purchased my current car on new years eve. They simply need the vehicle off their books and off the forecourt.

The first day they will allow collection is the 30th. If I can’t collect it before the “end of Sep” I lose my allocation and will have to wait until Nov
Just say you'll collect it on the 30th, pay for it, then don't turn up. They won't find a buyer in eight hours.

Even if they did, if you've paid for it you can just report it as stolen to the police.

Placed order 10 Aug for M3LR in red. Not heard anything yet. Should I now assume Nov?
When ordered was told mid to late Sept. When asking direct they say still allocating cars but would have thought they know by now??
Have you checked in your Tesla account if you have received a VIN yet? They won't contact you about it but would give indication if you have a car assigned and if you are getting one this quarter or not. I would say to expect November but hope for September. There might even be someone who won't collect theirs that has same spec as you, then you might be offered it!

How is everyone doing who have collected cars this weekends?? Let’s see your photos!!

Model 3, Q3 Collection and Delivery Experiences

Just a suggestion; so we can keep this thread clear for pending orders/collections, people who have taken collection can post in the above thread. I imagine, in the coming weeks a lot of people will be taking collection, and this thread could get flooded.