Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave it a name but never tried deleting, will do that now...
Nope. Still not working. Is there a trick to it like editing the name while it's still finishing up on the app?

They all say unknown next to them, is that right?

Attachments

• 20210930_173323.jpg
    20210930_173323.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 52
Nope. Still not working. Is there a trick to it like editing the name while it's still finishing up on the app?

They all say unknown next to them, is that right?
I deleted my account phone, made sure my card was on the centre console so it was showing as active, then clicked the plus so the add key screen came up….. then went on my phone app the add the phone key, added the phone and confirmed with the key card, then just clicked the pencil and named it, and it allowed it me to check walk away

silly question time…. Regarding road tax. I know it is free but surely you have to register it still? At no point has tesla mentioned this? Just worried that I’m gonna get pulled over haha! But you can’t check cos the gov site doesn’t know my car reg yet and we don’t have the V5C

I deleted my account phone, made sure my card was on the centre console so it was showing as active, then clicked the plus so the add key screen came up….. then went on my phone app the add the phone key, added the phone and confirmed with the key card, then just clicked the pencil and named it, and it allowed it me to check walk away
Hmm, it's the key type of unknown not the name unknown that is the problem ,(if that makes sense). Will keep searching

And I managed to get my “walk away to lock” to work!

When I first added my phone as a key it was greyed out, then I added my key fob and it magically became un-greyed out!

The Key fob doesn’t work for “walk away to lock” yet, nor does any of the buttons on it work, it turns out you have to get it programmed to the car by a Tesla technician! I did not see anywhere that explained that!! So currently I have a £150 key card that it shaped like a key fob! 🤬
DB8B142A-5368-4686-A5B1-5E5AF0E7139C.jpeg
0DBC9F44-50BE-4508-A815-955CC0E00A0A.jpeg

When I first added my phone as a key it was greyed out, then I added my key fob and it magically became un-greyed out!

The Key fob doesn’t work for “walk away to lock” yet, nor does any of the buttons on it work, it turns out you have to get it programmed to the car by a Tesla technician! I did not see anywhere that explained that!! So currently I have a £150 key card that it shaped like a key fob! 🤬View attachment 716353View attachment 716352
From what I'm reading it seems like you made an assumption about something without actually checking. Give this page a thorough read and it should answer your questions - Model 3 Key Fob

Reactions: moodel_tree
silly question time…. Regarding road tax. I know it is free but surely you have to register it still? At no point has tesla mentioned this? Just worried that I’m gonna get pulled over haha! But you can’t check cos the gov site doesn’t know my car reg yet and we don’t have the V5C
Check your tesla account for documents linked to your car. There should be a registration confirmation which details the reg fee and road tax value. Also, the 1st year's road tax is included in the "on the road" price of a car if I remember correctly so if you did need road tax, it would have already been paid for and sorted at the point of purchase without you needing to do anything.

Reactions: keoghrichard
From what I'm reading it seems like you made an assumption about something without actually checking. Give this page a thorough read and it should answer your questions - Model 3 Key Fob
Getting the key fob registered on your car is as simple as doing a key card…. Takes 2 mins and works with walk away to lock…. I did it today for my partner, I got him the key fob

The Key fob doesn’t work for “walk away to lock” yet, nor does any of the buttons on it work, it turns out you have to get it programmed to the car by a Tesla technician! I did not see anywhere that explained that!! So currently I have a £150 key card that it shaped like a key fob! 🤬View attachment 716353View attachment 716352
That’s untrue, no technical help needed for the key fob, I did mine today in 2 mins

Getting the key fob registered on your car is as simple as doing a key card…. Takes 2 mins and works with walk away to lock…. I did it today for my partner, I got him the key fob

That’s untrue, no technical help needed for the key fob, I did mine today in 2 mins
I believe it depends on the fob you have. See the link I shared.

Picked up car from Cribbs. 100% perfect except it is missing the granny charger storage bag! No spare bags as I was the last one to collect.
I tried to make a service request but I get connection error...
This car is soon much better than the MIU car I had before!

Attachments

• 20210930_163639.jpg
    20210930_163639.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Magstauk and MrT3