Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paddy #3 here - Ordered Blue LR back in June with originally estimated Sept delivery - got a email and text yesterday to confirm that I am "ready to accept delivery" in December or wait until end of Q1 2022 if I want to get the new reg. I also fear that they are rare enough (haven't seen many around) but that will be good when it eventually arrives.

Best of luck to the Blue Paddys
Spotted one in Galway, think the guy was getting freaked out I was following him.

After getting the email from the lease company saying Lex had told them I've not been matched, I decided to check with Tesla who have text me the VIN and confirmed its on a ship on its way to the UK!
Did you manage to get a ship name off them, I spoke to them today also and they confirmed I'm on the first ship to arrive but couldn't tell me the ship name or arrival date, wonder if you had any luck?

Did you manage to get a ship name off them, I spoke to them today also and they confirmed I'm on the first ship to arrive but couldn't tell me the ship name or arrival date, wonder if you had any luck?

No I didn't I asked for both - Didn't tell me the ship name and I asked for the arrival date and they said its 'Too early to tell' - I didn't push any further, was just relieved to find out I've been allocated to be fair!

Reactions: tmleafs17
compared to previous cars I’ve bought I really don’t like how you don’t know whether you’ll get a car or not in the quarter, any other manufacturer would be telling you when the order is locked in and when it’s going to be built etc. it feels like it’s complete pot luck!

Its
compared to previous cars I’ve bought I really don’t like how you don’t know whether you’ll get a car or not in the quarter, any other manufacturer would be telling you when the order is locked in and when it’s going to be built etc. it feels like it’s complete pot luck!
It's worse with other OEM's a certain German car company couldn't even tell what year the car would arrive 🤬

Its

It's worse with other OEM's a certain German car company couldn't even tell what year the car would arrive 🤬
Is that with a recent order? My last car was a 1 series and to be honest that was the best experience I’ve had yet, the dealer was always giving me updates on where the car was. So always had a really good idea when it was going to arrive. Appreciate there are issues at the moment though. Went to Audi to ask about the q4 etron before ordering the Tesla and he basically said he doesn’t know dates until you order as it’s based on spec, if I ordered a pano roof I wouldn’t even be able to get one as they were stopping any orders with them due to the amount of chips it uses, he was estimating up to 12 months!!

Spoke to Tesla CS today (No VIN for me yet). Chap said that there are more Tesla orders due into the UK for Q4 then there has been for the whole of 2021 to date!

Also told me they had allocated over 700 VINs this morning alone (He said the priority being orders that missed out from the Q3 deliveries) and has said he believes the vast majority of outstanding orders will be allocated VINs in the next 10-14 days.

He also said that they are now allocating VINs from when they drive out of the factory now, not when they load onto ships.

He believes that all orders should be delivered before mid December, as HO has asked for the vast majority of UK staff at the delivery centres, etc to book Xmas and New year off as holiday... Read into that what you will...?!

Obviously this is just what one guy on the phone told me, but he was certainly much more "chatty" and willing to discuss things compared to my past experiences with calling them. He said he was very proud to be working for Tesla, and believes that this Q4 will blow the socks off their numbers/forecasts for the year!

Is that with a recent order? My last car was a 1 series and to be honest that was the best experience I’ve had yet, the dealer was always giving me updates on where the car was. So always had a really good idea when it was going to arrive. Appreciate there are issues at the moment though. Went to Audi to ask about the q4 etron before ordering the Tesla and he basically said he doesn’t know dates until you order as it’s based on spec, if I ordered a pano roof I wouldn’t even be able to get one as they were stopping any orders with them due to the amount of chips it uses, he was estimating up to 12 months!!
Yeah that was probably before the chip crisis tried to order in June was told would have within a month and around august they said they no idea when I'd have it.

They even told a customer at one stage that the car is built they just need to put semi-conductors in it 🤣. Their just trying to fill order books (not BMW by the way). At least from the start there is a level of uncertainty with Tesla. Others just make false promises.

I got my RN through on 22nd September despite first ordering through my employers fleet management company on 8th June (efficient right?!), White on White M3LR with 19" sport wheels. Just checked and unsurprisingly no VIN yet, the long wait continues but it'll be worth it I'm quite sure :)