Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, I received my VIN (in the source code) this evening when I cam home from work. Ordered M3LR White with black interior on the 13/09. Now just the countdown to when it will arrive. Was this flurry of VINs from the invisible boat that Mr M wanted help tracking on the other thread?

Some reports SR+ Q4 batch have larger batteries and a 304mi WLTP range. This is not reflected on the Tesla GB page for SR+ Config. If people could confirm when they get their SR+ this Q that would be ace.

If true this puts the 3 SR+ at pretty much the same range as the Y LR (coincidence?) and only 55mi less than the 3 LR.

Attachments

• 5AFEFA95-C1FF-48EC-BFF2-4FA0B1D82F45.png
    5AFEFA95-C1FF-48EC-BFF2-4FA0B1D82F45.png
    906.5 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Eco Boy and beef68
Evening all. Been skulking the forums for a few weeks now and have just joined up.

VIN just appeared in source code today - ordered a M3 Midnight Silver LR with black interior on 4th October. Must have been lucky with cut off and fingers crossed it is loaded on the Lake Fluxian.

Rather weirdly, a grey market guide has appeared in my order page and the price is in Euros rather than GBP. Seems to have been messed up today. Anyone else seen this happen?

Exciting times.

I was going to ask the same question- can someone check their VIN and feed back?
Not from UK, but I ordered a 614km WLTP version. Just got my LRW VIN today and the 7th digit is E (Lithium Ion Battery – Electric (NMC)). I was told by my Tesla guy that I would get mine from Fremont. So either MIC LR are now made using the 82kwh battery or they are giving me a 580km version. Hopefully it is the first.

Evening all. Been skulking the forums for a few weeks now and have just joined up.

VIN just appeared in source code today - ordered a M3 Midnight Silver LR with black interior on 4th October. Must have been lucky with cut off and fingers crossed it is loaded on the Lake Fluxian.

Rather weirdly, a grey market guide has appeared in my order page and the price is in Euros rather than GBP. Seems to have been messed up today. Anyone else seen this happen?

Exciting times.
Never mind, for some reason the site was opening in EU English rather than UK and this caused the mix up!

Bonkers - the only reason I could think is that its something to do with registration/tax or else it has to be their own internal sales allocation methodology. Think I might send a message to the Delivery team just to see if there is more info. Will be very disappointed if I don't get my one in December considering I ordered back in June.
Could be due to needing some kind of irl bound batch coordination to get them all onto lorry(s) and over at the same time…?

No, they all list battery digit E, which just means it has a Lithium Ion Battery. It doesn’t go deeper than that.
There is a thread on the Model 3 battery thread (see below), which indicates the 8th position digit possibly indicates a different battery pack for SR+. The battery digit is position 7. It’s possibly different for LR as well
The US will surely see the 60kWh LFP pack in the SR pretty soon!

To those who have a Q4 M3SR in the EU on Order. If your VIN has an "A" on position 8, then you will have the smaller 55kWh pack. If you have a "J" you are in the race for the 60kWh pack, but it isnt guaranteed.

I ordered a M3 SR+ (silver) on 3 October, like others the estimated delivery was November but I was told to expect in December. Have an offer of £18k on existing car, which expires on 10 December. Hope I get a firm delivery date before then, as I guess the valuation will change.

I saw the changed February delivery estimate earlier which the 3-month shift from February does not bode well, being realistic.
I now seem to have a VIN number assigned, which has to be good. I'm now hopeful, noting this thread, that I'll have the car by 10 December before the Tesla trade in offer expires.

The offer I got on my current car (a Ford Focus Titanium) from Tesla was much better than offered elsewhere (i.e. Motorway, We Buy...., and the Ford dealership I have a relationship with). Discounting the VAT it was more than I paid for the car new in December 2019. I've been keeping an eye on values and the price has dropped by £500 on "We Buy..." over the last 3 weeks. I could possibly get more through a private sale but taking everything into account, it's not worth the hassle and I'm happy with £18k.

I'm guessing that the move of the delivery date from November to February simply shifts a new batch of sales into 2022 Q1 i.e. both are the middle month of their respective quarters. I may be completely wrong but there would be logic to this.

I now seem to have a VIN number assigned, which has to be good. I'm now hopeful, noting this thread, that I'll have the car by 10 December before the Tesla trade in offer expires.

The offer I got on my current car (a Ford Focus Titanium) from Tesla was much better than offered elsewhere (i.e. Motorway, We Buy...., and the Ford dealership I have a relationship with). Discounting the VAT it was more than I paid for the car new in December 2019. I've been keeping an eye on values and the price has dropped by £500 on "We Buy..." over the last 3 weeks. I could possibly get more through a private sale but taking everything into account, it's not worth the hassle and I'm happy with £18k.

I'm guessing that the move of the delivery date from November to February simply shifts a new batch of sales into 2022 Q1 i.e. both are the middle month of their respective quarters. I may be completely wrong but there would be logic to this.
Have you tried Cazoo? Managed to get £2k more than Tesla, £3k more than WBAC and a £500 more than Motorway.

Can’t praise them more highly either. Money was in bank within 10 minutes drop off.

Have you tried Cazoo? Managed to get £2k more than Tesla, £3k more than WBAC and a £500 more than Motorway.

Can’t praise them more highly either. Money was in bank within 10 minutes drop off.
Thanks just tried Cazoo, out of interest, offer is better than WBAC at £17,550, still less than the Tesla offer. They also don't seem to settle finance. It was worth a look though,

There is a thread on the Model 3 battery thread (see below), which indicates the 8th position digit possibly indicates a different battery pack for SR+. The battery digit is position 7. It’s possibly different for LR as well

According to the VIN decoders, J in digit 8 means “Single motor- China”.

@NISFAN - see above for information around battery pack type indication.