Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked and there appears to be a VIN in the source code ….LRW followed by 14 characters? 🤞
Thanks for the post - I had been searching for 5YJ (seen on a tutorial) for a couple of weeks without success. Searched just now for LRW and up it popped - wahoo!!! Wonder how long it has been there? Mine is a M3SRP in midnight silver.

Now spotted elsewhere that 5YJ is Freemont whilst LRW is Shanghai - DOH!!

Useful link is Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder

Last edited:
According to the 8th digit in my VIN (I have the letter J), this means I have the following motor on my SR+:
  • J = One Motor – Standard – Motortype: “Hairpin Windings” – (Model Y)
I was expecting to get the performance motor. YouTubers with LFP SR+‘s have the following motors according to their VINs:
  • A = One Motor – Standard / Performance – (Model 3)
Can I ask if this is the case with others who’ve had their SR+ VINs?

Thanks for the post - I had been searching for 5YJ (seen on a tutorial) for a couple of weeks without success. Searched just now for LRW and up it popped - wahoo!!! Wonder how long it has been there? Mine is a M3SRP in midnight silver.

Now spotted elsewhere that 5YJ is Freemont whilst LRW is Shanghai - DOH!!

Useful link is Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder
Congrats I was also looking for 5YJ for a few days!. By the sounds of it a lot were added yesterday. Ordered my M3LR 30th Sept

According to the 8th digit in my VIN (I have the letter J), this means I have the following motor on my SR+:
  • J = One Motor – Standard – Motortype: “Hairpin Windings” – (Model Y)
I was expecting to get the performance motor. YouTubers with LFP SR+‘s have the following motors according to their VINs:
  • A = One Motor – Standard / Performance – (Model 3)
Can I ask if this is the case with others who’ve had their SR+ VINs?
I don’t get these comments that keep cropping up on the SR+. Are you suggesting they’re shipping out SR+ with different motors cos that sounds like garbage.

Not too worried as have the LR but just keep seeing these comments, it’s super unlikely that they mix up components.

Looking like Tesla have quite a backlog of orders. My new order for M3 LR Blue/White as my new company car was placed (by Alphabet) with them 2 weeks ago now and the latest Tesla update is "We're working through the backlog at the moment, I can see the order is in processing queue, we will confirm as soon as possible" So frustrating as I was hoping for a Q4 delivery to keep Felicia company over Christmas.

Looking like Tesla have quite a backlog of orders. My new order for M3 LR Blue/White as my new company car was placed (by Alphabet) with them 2 weeks ago now and the latest Tesla update is "We're working through the backlog at the moment, I can see the order is in processing queue, we will confirm as soon as possible" So frustrating as I was hoping for a Q4 delivery to keep Felicia company over Christmas.

I think it’s highly likely you’ll still get it in December. I ordered last week and still very confident having spoke to my CS in the south.

Their website still says December delivery even for new orders today. I’d imagine they’d change this if it wasn’t possible.

I’m not going to follow the shipping updates until I have a vin. Thankfully I have a 2 week trip to St Lucia in 2 weeks time to take my mind off the VIN finder. Lol.

• Love
Reactions: A&R_C
I don’t get these comments that keep cropping up on the SR+. Are you suggesting they’re shipping out SR+ with different motors cos that sounds like garbage.

Not too worried as have the LR but just keep seeing these comments, it’s super unlikely that they mix up components.
SR+ with a J are earmarked to have the new 60kw battery with 305mi range.

Still no VIN for my 31st August order (M3LR AWD, MSM, Black, 18" Aero). While I understand matching orders and cars isn't a transparent or deterministic process, others ordering later getting VINs for the same config is adding to my frustration. Anyone else in the same boat or rather not?

Hu

They’re saying the 8th char maybe denotes a battery upgrade for the lfp but it’s also the drive type on the vin decoder. no one knows until they get delivered next month and connects scanmytesla or similar to check.

Still no VIN for my 31st August order (M3LR AWD, MSM, Black, 18" Aero). While I understand matching orders and cars isn't a transparent or deterministic process, others ordering later getting VINs for the same config is adding to my frustration. Anyone else in the same boat or rather not?
It’sa big boat, just be patient, you may still get it.

SR+ with a J are earmarked to have the new 60kw battery with 305mi range.
Not being funny, but you order a car based on what they sold it at. I think it’s highly unlikely they adjust the range on cars during the delivery process. They’d have to list this possible change when you buy the car.

You don’t buy a 3 bed house for it then to be upgraded to a 5 bed with a pool before you exchange.

Not being funny, but you order a car based on what they sold it at. I think it’s highly unlikely they adjust the range on cars during the delivery process. They’d have to list this possible change when you buy the car.

You don’t buy a 3 bed house for it then to be upgraded to a 5 bed with a pool before you exchange.
This is happening whether you think it is or not. Already confirmed with SR+Q4 delivered cars in Germany…