Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following this forum for a while now and its been a great source of info. Tremendously confused by this mornings update though, my Model 3 SR is due for delivery in December and Tesla support have informed me via the phone that the car I receive will have the new extended range along with the old acceleration at which I ordered. Not quite sure how this is possible mind but the customer rep specifically stated this will be the care for any M3 SR+ order from before today and due for delivery in Q4. Looking back on the previous pages there definitely seems to be some internal confusion in Tesla at the minute

Reactions: Simonix
My VIN has arrived in the last two hours in source code: LRW3F7EB8MCxxxxxx

M3LR MSM Black interior aero wheels ordered 17 Oct.
I rang Tesla just now and they said my car is assigned to the Southampton collection batch (as previously requested having changed from Bristol). They said expect collection "early to mid December, probably the second week".

A minute or two after hanging up I received a text saying "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements....". Not sure if this was linked to the phone call or would have arrived anyway.

I've been following this forum for a while now and its been a great source of info. Tremendously confused by this mornings update though, my Model 3 SR is due for delivery in December and Tesla support have informed me via the phone that the car I receive will have the new extended range along with the old acceleration at which I ordered. Not quite sure how this is possible mind but the customer rep specifically stated this will be the care for any M3 SR+ order from before today and due for delivery in Q4. Looking back on the previous pages there definitely seems to be some internal confusion in Tesla at the minute
What does the new extended range and old acceleration mean?

My understanding is that SR+ comes with the new LFP batteries which has slightly reduced range but can be charged to 100%. And the motor is not the performance anymore, but rather the new Model Y motor.

My account has just gone from 'We are drawing up your contract' to 'Please pay off your remaining balance'.
Looking at my final invoice, it lists 'Standard Connectivity'. Is this instead of 'Premium Connectivity'? Being as I ordered before their change date (05/10/21) I hope not! (M3LR)

I just used the chat on the Tesla site.

He couldn't give me any more information, no car assigned yet and it would "probably" come before the end of the year (spec in signature below - identical to someone up-thread who ordered theirs a week later and has received his VIN today, which is a little frustrating). He confirmed that there was nothing wrong with my order and it is a case of waiting.

I asked about the spec of the car and he said he is 99% sure that it would be the new spec as per the website today (higher range and slightly slower acceleration). To be honest, I am not that bothered. I won't notice the difference in the acceleration, but will notice the difference in range, so I am not going to get upset over it. Also one would assume that this might also be an efficiency improvement, so might reduce cost of running ever so slightly. Finally, maybe, if this is a new set of motors, then there might be a performance update some time down the line anyway, who knows.

Reactions: OddityError
I just used the chat on the Tesla site.

He couldn't give me any more information, no car assigned yet and it would "probably" come before the end of the year (spec in signature below - identical to someone up-thread who ordered theirs a week later and has received his VIN today, which is a little frustrating). He confirmed that there was nothing wrong with my order and it is a case of waiting.

I asked about the spec of the car and he said he is 99% sure that it would be the new spec as per the website today (higher range and slightly slower acceleration). To be honest, I am not that bothered. I won't notice the difference in the acceleration, but will notice the difference in range, so I am not going to get upset over it. Also one would assume that this might also be an efficiency improvement, so might reduce cost of running ever so slightly. Finally, maybe, if this is a new set of motors, then there might be a performance update some time down the line anyway, who knows.
Interesting, this is contrary to what I was told. "Only orders from today will get the new range".

When I ordered the car back in September, the range was a claimed 448km with a 0-100 km/h of 5.6secs

As of today this is now 491km with a 0-100km/h of 6.1 secs.

Tesla support have informed me that all SR+ cars ordered before today and due for delivery in Q4 will have the 491km range with the previous 0-100km/h of 5.6secs.

Reactions: Abcmsaj
When I ordered the car back in September, the range was a claimed 448km with a 0-100 km/h of 5.6secs

Tesla support have informed me that all SR+ cars ordered before today and due for delivery in Q4 will have the 491km range with the previous 0-100km/h of 5.6secs.
meant to quote the response from "Eco Boy" here. Still getting to grips with this forum! :rolleyes:

This is really odd. New battery pack, higher range and faster 0-60.
So what is the limiting factor on the new 2022 Q1 models for their 0-60 time?

Why do we get better range and better performance?

Doesn't add up?

Reactions: Simonix
By the way guys, I talked with the Tesla chat who mentioned that we should wait for an SMS to be received confirming VIN before it's assigned in your account, and without that, it doesn't mean the car is fully allocated.

Though I'll go by whatever past experience others on here have had, ie. if they've seen their VIN in source and never been sent a text and still got delivery, maybe someone can confirm?