Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the people on the phones also manage the online chat.
It must be quite an annoying job, they don't really have any control in what happens with the orders and deliveries and yet get us hounding them with pretty much the same questions on a daily basis....
I’m sure it must get pretty frustrating for them; so important that we all remain polite and respectful when asking these necessary questions.

I ordered and expect to get a SR+ On the 10th October. If I really want a new ‘model 3 rwd’ then I’d just pay the additional £1K and wait to Feb, but the issue for me is not knowing if the car I may get in December is the old one or new one and having to guess from a VIN hidden in source code (mines an ‘A’ not J). ??

I'm getting a company car / lease so getting the VIN a week before delivery isn't a problem for me. I could maybe have pushed tesla for it sooner. For those not using leases, I believe you get to see the VIN in your account so hopefully that is available more than 1 week in advance. Interestingly for others using a lease, back when everyone was starting to get vins in source code I got a little impatient and contacted tesla to see if they had a vin or if a car had been allocated. They said no and that I was looking at a late nov/dec delivery. Two days later (16th oct) a delivery date was sent via text (for the 8th Nov). That somewhat conflicts with the fact that vins seem to be allocated about a week before delivery texts are sent.

Getting proof of insurance from the lease company is proving a challenge anyway! You'd think I'm asking for something unreasonable from them but the way I see it is that I cannot drive the vehicle until I have proof of insurance. Maybe I'm asking too much because this is my first lease (tax advantages on company EVs right now). I suspect it might be my last!

RN issue 26th Aug. M3LR

Let’s see if the unallocated cars on the next ship in that appear on the inventory has the 278 or 305 wltp range. This will give us a clue what to expect on the deliveries due end of Nov and Dec.
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. Will be interesting.
They could of course software lock deliveries this quarter if you have a J vin so it behaves like the old pack.
I reckon this will be the case.

Reactions: SR-Plus
They could of course software lock deliveries this quarter if you have a J vin so it behaves like the old pack.

I'm not sure what this solves. No one i going to complain they have more range.

It would have to be the bottom of the pack or it's not charging to 100% (LFP recommend).

Unless it just for delivery consistency and unlocked later, I don't know why they would bother.

I'm not sure what this solves. No one i going to complain they have more range.

It would have to be the bottom of the pack or it's not charging to 100% (LFP recommend).

Unless it just for delivery consistency and unlocked later, I don't know why they would bother.
Yeah it makes no sense. The new models are slower than the older SR+s, so software locking the pack down achieved nada if the speed is still slower.

Yeah it makes no sense. The new models are slower than the older SR+s, so software locking the pack down achieved nada if the speed is still slower.
Or think about it the other way, are the new cars software locked to perform slower and therefore and those that are being delivered this quarter are unlocked/boosted to deliver the original stated 5.3 (or 5.6s) times.

Reactions: Simonix
Random thought I wondered but wasn't able to turn up any definitive answers via a quick Google search, so I figured I'd put the question to you guys.

Tesla seems to offer delivery of your car, as opposed to collection, if you specifically ask for it. They don't really advertise it on the site and I remember my only options when placing the order initially were collection from two different places. I wound up going with collection anyway because I want it naaaooo, like a petulant child, rather than wait a few extra days like a real adult.

Is there some kind of sales regulation requirement where buyers can ask for new cars to be delivered?

Or think about it the other way, are the new cars software locked to perform slower and therefore and those that are being delivered this quarter are unlocked/boosted to deliver the original stated 5.3 (or 5.6s) times.
Unlikely. They'll be locked on the new packs for good reason, unknown performance data, and will be waiting for get that data before they roll OTA's to speed the new packs up - this scenario is a best wish pipe dream, very unlikely.

Yes something is odd our orders seem to be all Jun-Sep, and bulk of other countries have deliveries already confirmed for these order dates, and even matched for orders right up to mid-late Oct...... we just got a "we anticipate deliveries in mid-late December" and do you still want one? :D

Maybe they need to get new power unit approved by SEAI grant first or something like that before they will send a shipment here.

I couldn't find any FB groups that had active Ireland related posts in them so didn't join any of them.
My order is from October 2.
On the FB groups there are a few people on the Tesla owners Ireland group with orders, no mentions of any vins or delivery notifications yet.

Reactions: BevyBoy
Random thought I wondered but wasn't able to turn up any definitive answers via a quick Google search, so I figured I'd put the question to you guys.

Tesla seems to offer delivery of your car, as opposed to collection, if you specifically ask for it. They don't really advertise it on the site and I remember my only options when placing the order initially were collection from two different places. I wound up going with collection anyway because I want it naaaooo, like a petulant child, rather than wait a few extra days like a real adult.

Is there some kind of sales regulation requirement where buyers can ask for new cars to be delivered?
I was supposed to be collecting, but gave them a call and they changed it to be delivered.