Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Have been watching this thread with interest. I ordered an M3 LR in blue / black through Knowles Fleet on a salary sacrifice lease through the Hospital I work for, on the 16th Oct. Due to a clerical cock up at work the order didn’t go through to Tesla until the 2nd November. I received a text from Tesla with an RN number on the 4th November.
I’m hoping this means that I will get delivery before Christmas but I’m starting to understand that getting an RN number doesn’t really mean much when it comes to delivery dates.
Feel like the oldest kid on Christmas Eve - the suspense is killing me!

Hi and welcome!

I am afraid that if your order did not go through until 2nd Nov, then it will likely be a February 2022 delivery now.

Hi all,
Have been watching this thread with interest. I ordered an M3 LR in blue / black through Knowles Fleet on a salary sacrifice lease through the Hospital I work for, on the 16th Oct. Due to a clerical cock up at work the order didn’t go through to Tesla until the 2nd November. I received a text from Tesla with an RN number on the 4th November.
I’m hoping this means that I will get delivery before Christmas but I’m starting to understand that getting an RN number doesn’t really mean much when it comes to delivery dates.
Feel like the oldest kid on Christmas Eve - the suspense is killing me!
If your using chrome or firefox, install a extension called vin finder. That way you can see when you have a car allocated to you and hence one step closer.

Other than that, it's do you feel lucky?

If you ordered when it said December, then you hopefully will get your car by Christmas.

If your using chrome or firefox, install a extension called vin finder. That way you can see when you have a car allocated to you and hence one step closer.

Other than that, it's do you feel lucky?

If you ordered when it said December, then you hopefully will get your car by Christmas.
To be honest I didn’t look at what the Tesla site was saying about delivery times I just ordered through Knowles expecting a long delivery wait, and then I discovered TMC and read all about the ships coming and deliveries starting mid November and it got me all excited.
I’ll be 50 in two months time and feel like a big kid lol

I just called Octopus to switch to Go tariff but they said they are not offering that tariff at the moment. I am with British Gas at the moment.. Any other current tariff you suggest for EV charging at home?
This is really interesting! I have been trying to initiate a switch to Octopus Go now for the last week or two. Every time I call them I get a slightly different answer. Asking me to either email them or just fob me off with the usual ‘we don’t recommend switching at this time’! However, not actually been told they are no longer offering it…. I only spoke to someone about an hour ago.

The issue is that even with the higher peak rates it will still be cheaper for me to switch factoring in car charging.

Really concerned now that I’m going to have to charge my car on my existing tariff for the foreseeable which is going to cost me a fortune!

This is really interesting! I have been trying to initiate a switch to Octopus Go now for the last week or two. Every time I call them I get a slightly different answer. Asking me to either email them or just fob me off with the usual ‘we don’t recommend switching at this time’! However, not actually been told they are no longer offering it…. I only spoke to someone about an hour ago.

The issue is that even with the higher peak rates it will still be cheaper for me to switch factoring in car charging.

Really concerned now that I’m going to have to charge my car on my existing tariff for the foreseeable which is going to cost me a fortune!
Fortune is probably a little bit of an exaggeration.

Reactions: stiopa
I just called Octopus to switch to Go tariff but they said they are not offering that tariff at the moment. I am with British Gas at the moment.. Any other current tariff you suggest for EV charging at home?
It is a nightmare at the minute because none of the energy suppliers seem to want new customers and so are charging massively hiked prices if you switch. Might be worth riding it out until it somewhat gets back to normal if it does. I am with Bulb at the minute although they have been threatening to go bust for the past 3 months, about 3 weeks ago they introduced their ev tarriff same as octopus but 2-6am at 4.95p kwh. However they have already put that up to 6.16p kwh since i signed up and before I even had chance to get a charge. Also put the general rate up from 19p to 24p kwh.

Reactions: Jitm
Ugh, you ordered the same date as me and have a delivery date! I have a VIN (found in source code) but no delivery date yet. This is worse than when I was a kid waiting for Christmas!!! 😂
I don’t know if by going on the online chat or by calling wakes them up into getting things moving.

I also have to admit, even as child, I can’t recall being this hype!!!! The Mrs just wants me to get the thing and stop palpitating!

• Funny
Reactions: ScoutKaty
Took a while and got the standard reply, I have a VIN number assigned and should get a date soon.
I haven't even got a VIN assigned yet. On the phone they said I might have one assigned in the next 2 weeks, but they couldn't say for sure.
Have you guys tried searching the source code for 'LRW'?
Only every 5 minutes. Do I need to do it more often? 😜

Probably around £60pm difference which is quite a bit but mainly frustrating considering it’s something that should be straightforward
Fair enough, I'm coming from a 3l V6 and so anything linked with tesla isnt really a fortune.

Elec companies will really struggle to offer those EV deals at the miniute. I expect it to drop in Feb / March time so might just need to suck that up until then.

Fair enough, I'm coming from a 3l V6 and so anything linked with tesla isnt really a fortune.

Elec companies will really struggle to offer those EV deals at the miniute. I expect it to drop in Feb / March time so might just need to suck that up until then.
Yeah, i’m of a similar opinion. Fueling an S3 for the miles I do is around £300pm anyway so comparatively it’s nothing. However, I think there’s a totally different mindset to owning an EV… In that you just want to save as much money as possible whilst enjoying the performance at the same time 🤣

You’re probably right. I can take the hit in the short term I guess. It’s just not knowing when the prices are gonna come down that’s freaking me out a bit

Im still waiting on any info at all on mine.

M3LR White on black.

Every week I think it will be the day I get a delivery text... but absolutely nothing...

Ordered first week of Sept, RN on 16th sept.
Keep asking for info on chat, but just get told to wait for text and likely December now.

Very jealous of the people who ordered in Oct and already have RN, VIN and delivery dates :(
Have you tried searching for 'LRW' in the source code?

I haven't even got a VIN assigned yet. On the phone they said I might have one assigned in the next 2 weeks, but they couldn't say for sure.

Only every 5 minutes. Do I need to do it more often? 😜
At least every two minutes should do it. ;)

I was incorrectly searching for "vin" in the source code for weeks. Got excited when I spotted one, then realised it was for my trade-in. Muppet! I will never get back the hours spent looking at 89+ "vin" matches. But, I developed some impressive knowledge of Tesla source code syntax! 😂

I've been with octopus for 5 years, moved into a new house 2 years ago, wanted to initiate a switch to Octopus Go about 6 months ago when I knew I'd be going electric. This whole time they've fobbed me off with "we can't switch you as you don't have a smart meter" - I do, it's just SMETS1 not 2... And rather than get someone out to fit a meter, I'll just get a reply with "we will upgrade old smart meters soon". 6 months later, still no octopus go...

To be honest I didn’t look at what the Tesla site was saying about delivery times I just ordered through Knowles expecting a long delivery wait, and then I discovered TMC and read all about the ships coming and deliveries starting mid November and it got me all excited.
I’ll be 50 in two months time and feel like a big kid lol
Feel like a big kid too, I am being stalked by model 3's

Octopus go rates for me:

Unit rate (04:30 - 00:30):
24.80p/ kWh
Unit rate (00:30 - 04:30):
5.00p/ kWh
Standing Charge:
18.28p/ day

But, it's only 4 hrs of charging. I pay slightly less for my day rate and nearly twice for night, on a 3 year fix with EDF. Will hold off switching to them for now.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a VIN. Odered 19th Oct, 3 weeks ago and already it feels like 3 years! I know my spec might drag it out - I've gone for a white LR with white interior and a tow bar - but how long does it normally take, on average? Or is that a "how long is a piece of string" type question?

@Buzzliteyear I know what you mean..!

Edit #1: Oh. There is a string starting LRW in the VIN field: LRW3F7EB7MC****** so I am guessing I have a match - is that correct?

Edit #2: Put it into the TeslaTap VIN decoder here VIN Decoder – TeslaTap and it is a genuine VIN for a MIC M3LR!

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonix
It is a nightmare at the minute because none of the energy suppliers seem to want new customers and so are charging massively hiked prices if you switch. Might be worth riding it out until it somewhat gets back to normal if it does. I am with Bulb at the minute although they have been threatening to go bust for the past 3 months, about 3 weeks ago they introduced their ev tarriff same as octopus but 2-6am at 4.95p kwh. However they have already put that up to 6.16p kwh since i signed up and before I even had chance to get a charge. Also put the general rate up from 19p to 24p kwh.
Yes I'm with Ovo on a fixed plan but hoped to switch to Octopus for cheap nighttime charging. But they are not accepting new customers. You have to look at total energy bill on new tariff as while you might get cheap EV charging cost of everything else goes through the roof

Reactions: badbadger06