Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone transferred money for end of Nov collection? Thinking to transfer it next week..
I have a Dec -1 Delivery and I have paid up in full already. It was not like the money was earning any interest. I was thinking if I should put into the NS&I premium bond for a month and run my luck, but that would have meant moving the delivery date beyond 1t Dec, which I was not prepared to do ;)

Reactions: Jitm
Dammit never thought of this..... he has the same spec as me too so would've worked out very well for me if i managed to convince @Bandito to cancel his!!! 😂😂🤣😂

Sure El Bandito stole that vin. I don't think the Japanese would agree with you after the weekend 🤣. We're back (well for this week anyways)!
Here I was hoping we could form our own little Irish Q4 Tesla gang, taking control of the superchargers across the Country our matching leather jackets. Its a sad day for the parish when your own turn on you :(

Hello everyone, lurker of this forum for a number of months now but have noticed I have been allocated a VIN for a M3P I ordered two weeks ago. I contacted the live chat in which has confirmed I have been allocated a VIN to my order for an estimated collection being the middle of December. I had not expected to hear anything for a few months as the estimated delivery date when I ordered said February. Only reason I noticed I potentially had been assigned a VIN was when I unintentionally opened the Tesla app in which asked for permission to use Bluetooth, resulting in me investigating further, also noticing my tesla account say "2021 Tesla Model 3" instead of "Tesla Model 3".

Anyways. My primary reason for posting message is to ask if there is any advantages in asking to be unallocated a VIN for the estimated delivery date to be more near March. I say this because I initially had my mind set on receiving a '2022 built' vehicle and 22 registration but am at a crossroads on if this is really something worthwhile to delay for. I don't really have any intentions of selling the vehicle at a specific point in time but I suppose the reasoning for contemplating delaying is for the potential increase in value later down the road in comparison to not waiting? I am also aware of the consistent 'incremental' changes that Tesla do to vehicles overtime. Any ballpark figures of either way is appreciated. I know there is plenty others here waiting longer than I have to receive a VIN etc and have no intentions to stir people's pot with suggesting refusing/delaying VIN allocation after being allocated a VIN within a short timespan without (hopefully) a meaningful reason to suggest such a thing.

Yes I’ll be getting it.

Nice to have.

My only concern at the moment with my pcp buy of the Tesla is how well they hold their value in the future. I’m hoping similar to ICE vehicles.

Right now they’re holding their value better than Ice vehicles. Just hope that’s the same in 3-4 years.
Let me know who you end up using if you don’t mind.
Some of the used Tesla M3 market is mad - they barely depreciate!!

Hello everyone, lurker of this forum for a number of months now but have noticed I have been allocated a VIN for a M3P I ordered two weeks ago. I contacted the live chat in which has confirmed I have been allocated a VIN to my order for an estimated collection being the middle of December. I had not expected to hear anything for a few months as the estimated delivery date when I ordered said February. Only reason I noticed I potentially had been assigned a VIN was when I unintentionally opened the Tesla app in which asked for permission to use Bluetooth, resulting in me investigating further, also noticing my tesla account say "2021 Tesla Model 3" instead of "Tesla Model 3".

Anyways. My primary reason for posting message is to ask if there is any advantages in asking to be unallocated a VIN for the estimated delivery date to be more near March. I say this because I initially had my mind set on receiving a '2022 built' vehicle and 22 registration but am at a crossroads on if this is really something worthwhile to delay for. I don't really have any intentions of selling the vehicle at a specific point in time but I suppose the reasoning for contemplating delaying is for the potential increase in value later down the road in comparison to not waiting? I am also aware of the consistent 'incremental' changes that Tesla do to vehicles overtime. Any ballpark figures of either way is appreciated. I know there is plenty others here waiting longer than I have to receive a VIN etc and have no intentions to stir people's pot with suggesting refusing/delaying VIN allocation after being allocated a VIN within a short timespan without (hopefully) a meaningful reason to suggest such a thing.
At the end of the day, people will buy it based on its manufactured date rather than it’s number plate - I do get that it doesn’t help but you make it clear when selling of how old the car is based on when it was manufactured

Also, mileage is going to be far more important compared to the number plate.

E.g. in my case I’ll probably sell it in 3 years and get a new one. That’s Jan 2025 some time. Might appear like a 4 year old car but it’s 3 years old.

Also teslas are so ahead of their time, I think people will be more concerned about the mileage on the car/battery over Anything else

Oliver from Tesla CS chat just told me that my order was deprioritised because I had a pending trade-in offer that I neither accepted nor rejected. Apparently you can accept the trade-in offer but still decide later. So the key takeaway is customers with fully completed order profiles are prioritised. Only if I knew. Hope I’ll still be allocated a VIN this year, Oliver said based on my order date 06/12 I am still on track for December delivery.
Also he said that deliveries will be happening all throughout December, including after Christmas.

• Informative
Reactions: MrT3
Has anyone thought about taking out GAP insurance?
I've gone with LV to get multi car discount and you get a new car replacement in first year if write off So I'll take out Gap Insurance in a years time -probably with ALA . Before I discovered that I was wondering about GAP insurance as replacement car or return to invoice . Would probably have gone for return to invoice as suspect cost of Tesla models will come down as rival manufacturers eye up the 30% margins on Tesla right now.

Reactions: ChorleyTesl4
Remember that Tesla don't do model years. They do continuous improvements, so a 2022 built vehicle means very little as there will probably be multiple spec changes throughout 2022.

Unlike the LR, which is expected to get a battery capacity increase in the UK, I don't believe there is anything on the horizon for the P - that's not to say there won't be changes between this quarter and the next one as Tesla rarely pre-announce things but nothing that is causing people to delay purchasing.

So I think it really comes down to when you want your new vehicle and if you really want the new registration plate (which I'm not sure really carries much weight these days).

Reactions: Oxstock and Shakb