Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S
Guys let’s not go down this dog shitty path again.

Odds are, eco boy bashed in a reg plate, realised they didn’t recognise it and then made the claim on the forum that Peugeot don’t insure teslas and then everyone on here has a f.mental break down.

They do insure teslas. Anyone that claims otherwise are being a melt
Sorry eco boy, no personal attack on you, it’s just a wild comment that we’ve been over 100 times.

Much love.

• Love
Reactions: Eco Boy
Haha no worries. I can assure you the guy I spoke to from Peugeot said “we don’t insure new teslas - we were the cheapest weren’t we?“. That’s ultimately why I’ve ended up purchasing Citroen Insurance today (same quote).

I asked why I was able to manually select the tesla, he said “we‘re looking into it but are told not to approve policies for new teslas…” - perhaps I was unlucky (inconsistent messages yet again) but if anyone gets him or the same narrative, either call them again to get a different call agent - or just pop over to Citroen 😁👍 before they clock on too.

Reactions: Oxstock
You mean Tesla texted you the delivery date? Or did you do the schedule link trick like some of us?

I got my 10th Dec collection date via the schedule link, but I've yet to officially be contacted directly by Tesla for anything other than trade-in quote...
I’ve not had one text yet from Tesla, it was the leasing company that gave me the delivery date! I called Tesla to confirm all ok.

INSURANCE/GAP....

Hi all just to clarify just taken a insurance policy with Citroen, its exactly the same as Peugeot even price to the penny! spoke with a advisor as the registration wasnt picking up on there system so he added it manually (they do insure tesla) my quote was £388 including legal cover at £28! male 34 2 years no claims! And also added partner age 32!

I also took gap with ala 3 years policy return to invoice £51,090 M3LR £288 this included a 10% discount with go compare (was cheaper via go compare than direct with ala, they are also rated 4.8 on trust pilot with over 12k reviews)

Hope this helps a few people 👍🏻

Haha no worries. I can assure you the guy I spoke to from Peugeot said “we don’t insure new teslas
I sometimes wonder if this is them portraying what they mean badly. They may mean "we need a VIN" or "We need a reg plate" not "we point blank wont touch it". I spoke to a really helpful lady there called Rebecca who checked with the underwriters etc and they can insure anything up to £100,000 after which it is not a firm no, but needs approval from their underwriters.

Reactions: Eco Boy
If I make full payment to Tesla (cash buyer) 50k example, and at the last minute unable to take delivery and need to postpone due to personal circumstances, does Tesla hold the money in their account until ready to collect, or do they refund it?

For those of you awaiting collection and considering vehicle checklists - I have been doing the same and most are PDF files which you need to print in order to fill in. WELL, not anymore, whilst doing my research I spotted a post on a Tesla Facebook Group and there is an interactive web based form, save it to your homescreen and it becomes (in effect) an app.

Well I have a delivery date of 15th December. Used the ‘schedule’ trick to get it before It was actually sent to me by Tesla. Black 3 performance. Hope it comes complete! Time to pick up essential accessories.
Anybody know of good tinting shops in NW London/Watford area?

If I make full payment to Tesla (cash buyer) 50k example, and at the last minute unable to take delivery and need to postpone due to personal circumstances, does Tesla hold the money in their account until ready to collect, or do they refund it?
Absolutely no idea. Cash buyer also. I will be making a test payment to make sure it is going to the right place. Then send the rest.

For those of you awaiting collection and considering vehicle checklists - I have been doing the same and most are PDF files which you need to print in order to fill in. WELL, not anymore, whilst doing my research I spotted a post on a Tesla Facebook Group and there is an interactive web based form, save it to your homescreen and it becomes (in effect) an app. You can find it at Tesla Prep
Thanks, Easier than carrying a printed checklist and pen. :)

Reactions: khew1988
Found my VIN in the source code this morning 😃. Tried the schedule link but it only redirected me to the Dashboard page ☹️.
If you only just got your VIN in source code today, it may have only just been loaded on a ship, you won't be able to schedule a delivery/collection for a good while yet. Probably another couple of weeks.
I've tried searching, but can't find any details of this "trick"... can someone help please?
People have been trying to create their own link, instead of waiting for the text to come through. It's basically the below, with your RN number added on the end...

https:// tesla.com/en_GB/schedule/RN*********

(PS, I added a space between the "https://" and the rest of the link, so the forum doesn't convert it into a Hyperlink and hide the address).

Reactions: IbroSaunks