Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would take it with a pinch of salt, once my order finally went through with the leasing company (30/10) phoned cs the next day and I was told I had apparently be allocated a vin which they were surprised about ! The following week this has disappeared and still waiting, I have been told Dec delivery but no guarantee or vin…… however good luck..

Went on live chat this avvo, told them “people I knew” had received their reg plate… got the reply “SMS Sent” (no pleasantries, hello’s nothing) from Emma. Check my phone and there it is, my U.K. Registration number.

Collection is on 2nd Dec at Leicester Space Center 👍🏻
Still no text for me. I found it on my invoice, I guess I can trust that to get insurance? Anyway, collecting from Leicester on the 30th Nov. Thank you for sharing your checklist app, which I shall be using.😊

Reactions: khew1988
Still no text for me. I found it on my invoice, I guess I can trust that to get insurance? Anyway, collecting from Leicester on the 30th Nov. Thank you for sharing your checklist app, which I shall be using.😊
I did have to go on Live chat and drive home the fact that people collecting after me were getting theres - next thing I know the lady has sent the text... Imagine the invoice is just as reliable tbh.

Yep think thats the end - I got this at 3pm from Ireland Delivery team - "Currently we are still in the process of matching the final vehicles to orders." so I'd say they are all done now for December deliveries! :oops:
I hope you get matched up - seems like everyone who has an order due for December is probably on here so not sure what is going on. Fingers crossed

Reactions: John_IE
I hope you get matched up - seems like everyone who has an order due for December is probably on here so not sure what is going on. Fingers crossed
Here's why I think we won't get it now. I think when CS are talking about allocation they are talking about sending out the notification texts etc, so that would come a bit after vin appearing in the source code. If they are saying a few more days is probably just in relation to admin post vin assignment (SEAI etc.).

No Vin at this stage I would say highly unlikely, and after all this I just don't want to get my expectations up again. Really thought I was getting one when they sent out the mail asking if we wanted a December delivery or a Feb 22 plate. Gotten that mail a few times now :(

Reactions: John_IE

Looks like most of Ireland peeps on here who received delivery texts yesterday had VINs in source code already for the last ~2 weeks, with the odd exception.... the rest of us didnt have source code VINs so obviously dont have a car to deliver for us.

And from what they told me yesterday "matching the final vehicles to orders", there don't seem to be many vehicles left to be allocated, probably just cancellations for people who wanted to wait for 221 reg instead.

"Once this is done, we will have a better understanding of timeframes of customer who are matched and who are not." - tells me they don't have enough cars/specs to match us all 😅

Above quotations were from Ireland Delivery team.......

If you ring or webchat most of the time you get through to the GB Delivery team who tell you "As far as I know, we are allocating cars to Irish orders this week and the beginning of next, so I believe we have cars available, it is just a case of having them allocated which the team are working through" - very vague, uncertain and optimistic.

Reactions: BevyBoy
Here's why I think we won't get it now. I think when CS are talking about allocation they are talking about sending out the notification texts etc, so that would come a bit after vin appearing in the source code. If they are saying a few more days is probably just in relation to admin post vin assignment (SEAI etc.).

No Vin at this stage I would say highly unlikely, and after all this I just don't want to get my expectations up again. Really thought I was getting one when they sent out the mail asking if we wanted a December delivery or a Feb 22 plate. Gotten that mail a few times now :(
Bingo exactly what i believe too and just posted 😭

For those trying to piece together the 'why', 'what' and 'when' from others comments just a timeline from my experience.
Ordered 25 Sept 2021 - Private purchase - Cash with part exchange on Citroen C4
Original order M3 Blue LR Aero White
Changed design early October to M3 Red, LR, Sport, White
VIN found by using Chrome Tesla VIN finder 26 October
Text received 28 October for delivery and final payment
Earliest option available the next was the 30th November
Delivery scheduled 30th November
Final invoice, payment completed (via bank transfer UK to UK) did one test payment to confirm, account showed as arrived, continued with 10K increments all the same day. reg plate was provided on final invoice
Insurance via Tesla weblink to Direct Line was also the cheapest when confirmed on comparison site.

Hope this helps, feel for those waiting, keep the faith.

Reactions: mokoon
For those trying to piece together the 'why', 'what' and 'when' from others comments just a timeline from my experience.
Final invoice, payment completed (via bank transfer UK to UK) did one test payment to confirm, account showed as arrived, continued with 10K increments all the same day. reg plate was provided on final invoice
Insurance via Tesla weblink to Direct Line was also the cheapest when confirmed on comparison site.

Thanks for this summary. Did you get a text with "vehicle arrival date is being calculated" before the text about delivery and final payment?

After another stint of “hurry up and wait” courtesy of Tesla, things progressed this morning. Finance docs email came through for signing. Full deposit already paid.

Delivery date that was showing in the app disappeared and is still not there. Chat has confirmed I’m still on for 1st December (home delivery). Place your bets here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s getting real for the Helios Ray crew. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: Kalessin
Getting really frustrated at lack of communication from Tesla. Order (grey m3LR black, aero, Manchester pick up) placed on 12/10/21 and nothing yet. No vin in source code. Tried calling customer services this morning but just cut off after 15 mins of hold. Anyone else in a similar boat? I've seen some people say they got in touch on live chat...can't find that anywhere!

My final invoice doesnt have the reg plate number on it.

That’s weird. DirectLine were one of the most expensive for me. £1700?!

Getting really frustrated at lack of communication from Tesla. Order (grey m3LR black, aero, Manchester pick up) placed on 12/10/21 and nothing yet. No vin in source code. Tried calling customer services this morning but just cut off after 15 mins of hold. Anyone else in a similar boat? I've seen some people say they got in touch on live chat...can't find that anywhere!
Chat has never worked on my mobile, but seems to work really well when on a laptop (chrome) when viewing “available inventory” page. UK site of course.

I would take it with a pinch of salt, once my order finally went through with the leasing company (30/10) phoned cs the next day and I was told I had apparently be allocated a vin which they were surprised about ! The following week this has disappeared and still waiting, I have been told Dec delivery but no guarantee or vin…… however good luck..
Today I received a text saying "Tesla Update - Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be scheduled for delivery, in the meantime..."

I don't know the process, is that the precursor to imminent delivery? Those in the know can advise?

Never expected it to be this quick. VIN displayed is LRW3F7FAXMC4***** so definitely looks like a Tesla VIN, not confused with a trade in or something (not that I'm trading in anyway).

Reactions: IbroSaunks