Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collecting my car on the 25th from Thorpe Park. Any tips from people who have already collected this year?
I have the UK Model 3 inspection web app, so going to run through that. Going from always driving small petrol cars to a M3P, so going to be an interesting experience! Think it's going to have to be in casual mode for the drive home... xD

Collecting my car on the 25th from Thorpe Park. Any tips from people who have already collected this year?
I have the UK Model 3 inspection web app, so going to run through that. Going from always driving small petrol cars to a M3P, so going to be an interesting experience! Think it's going to have to be in casual mode for the drive home... xD

Pay close attention to boot and bonnet alignment. Paint is another area to special attention to.

Take it real easy driving home, she's wider than I thought and much, much quicker, respect the go pedal.

VIN has only showed up in the app for me this week since payment (collection on Thursday). So sounds like you're all good :)
Thanks, good know although my final payment is actually Tesla giving me money back against my trade in, will see .....
No, not yet. It will be interesting to see how you get on - that will help determine if it is a compatibility issue or my charger playing up.
Thanks and I'll let you know how I get on after the 7th, cheers

Reactions: realityagain
Pay close attention to boot and bonnet alignment. Paint is another area to special attention to.

Take it real easy driving home, she's wider than I thought and much, much quicker, respect the go pedal.
Very excited!!

I must admit, didn’t even look at how wide or long the Model 3 is until now 😂

Approximately 4 days and 18 hours to go!! 🥳

We started thinking about switching to a Tesla in January 2020 but the pandemic made us think twice about changing cars since we don’t use ours much. A few months ago we were back at looking into EVs and even looked at other options, but still had our heart on a Tesla. ❤️ Can’t wait, only a few days to go.

Reactions: Limey
Got my collection from Cribbs on 29th…still waiting for the reg….
starting to get excited, but still wonder if I have made the right decision spending over £50K on an EV🙈😂
Couldn't edit my last reply: I've just had my VIN and Reg texted to me (I know and had the VIN confirmed some time ago). Now to try and insure the thing, as the SMS reckon they don't complete DVLA registration until the day of collection...

I’m collecting on the 27th. I just got a text within the last 30mins re-stating my VIN. I presumed I was on Helios Ray, however the text aligns with when Viking Ocean left Southampton. So I think it’s likely I was on Viking. A lot of people on FB have also been getting texts within the last 30mins.

Presumably, these texts are issued after the vehicle has been inspected for damage in transport and when OKed, scanned and confirmed OK to transport to final customer collection point.
I also received the text at 18:26, but they previously sent the same info on 19th at 17:15. The only real change is that this time they mention getting insurance ready

Reactions: Simonix
My opinion is this is purely based on when the plate was available prior or post final invoice. It may, only may mind you be why some get a follow up Text with the plate number and some like me didnt. Not beyond the realms of possibility to consider those with it already in the final invoice would not need a text. However this forum lives due to the ‘method to the madness’ of our friends at Tesla!
Well blow me if I didn’t get a text tonight confirming the VIN and REG as per final invoice. It recommends using VIN to get insurance. Direct line took it on Model number. Delivery still due 30th Nov.