Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this text yesterday…”Tesla Update - Payment for your Model 3 is now due. Please log in to your Tesla Account to see your invoice and payment details. Payment must be cleared at least 7 days prior to your appointment or it may be postponed. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected], including your order reference RN123456789. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

Guess it’s time to pony up,…. The payee details can’t be verified on my royal bank of Scotland on line account, I’ve transferred £1 over to confirm the account. Does anyone know how long it takes to appear on the balance?
Citibank doesn't use the confirm payee details system so I confirmed the details with another Tesla employee. I assume you used a quick transfer for the £1 which should show up without problem. As there is a £10k limit on these I used an online CHAPS transfer for the full sum and this created a problem as the Citibank system did not catch the RN reference. It took 7 days to get the full CHAPS ref from my bank, send it to deliveryGB @ Tesla and then they sent it to their treasury team who found the money in the account and applied it to my purchase.

There were certainly a few nervous days when I didn't know where the money had landed up. Thankfully I didn't until the last moment to do the transfer so it has not impacted my collection date.

Reactions: Katic1972
3A082D38-13B0-4AA4-8A9F-F1BB1C51DDD0.jpeg
@Limey @LeSloth

4 hours, 17 minutes………….

I'm getting my MSM LR M3 via work salary sacrifice (lease), delivery scheduled for 15/12, and based on what I've read, I won't be advised of the reg until delivery day or close to. Who have you guys insured your car with? Direct Line seem to be popular due to Tesla tie up, can I arrange insurance without a reg no. though? I assume I'll need VIN as a minimum, but I don't know if I'll be told what that is either in advance of the delivery day??
Self insuring on salary sacrifice sounds unusual to me. Your employer is effectively leasing the car and providing it to you as a company car, so i would expect them to be insuring their asset / liability.. my salary sacrifice car is being provided fully maintained and insured. Tesla provided my vin and reg by sms around 10 days before scheduled delivery date.

I'm getting my MSM LR M3 via work salary sacrifice (lease), delivery scheduled for 15/12, and based on what I've read, I won't be advised of the reg until delivery day or close to. Who have you guys insured your car with? Direct Line seem to be popular due to Tesla tie up, can I arrange insurance without a reg no. though? I assume I'll need VIN as a minimum, but I don't know if I'll be told what that is either in advance of the delivery day??
Got my reg yesterday and my car's due in just about 2 weeks. You have to keep on top of Tesla support though if you want the number as early as possible...else they take their sweet time sending you things.

Reactions: Filbert1884
So just to update on mine... and for those who didn't follow my last posts.

24/11/2021
  • See a car in the inventory Tesla Model 3, 19s and White Interior. I'm thinking surely this will be next year.
  • Take out Tesla Loan. Got email 5 minutes later confirming acceptance.
  • Call Tesla, hold for 15 mins, speak to a guy called James and he said "Oh did that say London beside it when you clicked?" It didn't. He said it's landing in London or is already here today. I asked would I have to go across and he said I most likely would. I wasn't overly bothered but did ask could it be transferred and they said they would look into it
  • Called into Tesla Belfast and they checked my RN Number and said it had been assigned to Belfast now and it would be coming there. Happy days!
25/11/2021
  • Got a text saying "Welcome to the Tesla Family" to get started on your pre delivery tasks blah blah (as if I didn't have those done already lol).
  • So I thought I would ask the Live Chat about it to make sure I had nothing outstanding and to ask why I got that text. She then said no all good and be ready for collection in London "towards end of December" - now this is totally different from what Tesla Belfast said yesterday. She went and checked and said it looked to her like London for sure. She is going to have Tesla Belfast call me back again.
All in all, a *sugar* show lol.

Just to add to this. Spoke to the 01628450604 number. She confirmed that there had been a request put in but that it was sitting at Pending. She was sure it would be declined as they don't re-route inventory cars that are physically at sites. I'm not surprised, I work in Sales for SEAT and if we had a car at a dealer in England they would never send it to us... unless we had an agreement and we paid for delivery. If the car was at Port still, it would be a different story.

All in all, looks like I'm for a trip to London Bluewater. She, frustratingly, could not offer me a date at the moment and said they would contact me directly. She was going to cancel the previous request to Belfast as it would eventually get declined and cancelling it should speed it up. So I guess I'll just keep waiting.

...Ah ****

Route.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Limey
Hi all, just collected from bristol this morning 09.00
35325B7B-BA85-43A9-8224-62817FF3F3D2.jpeg
33BFCED7-6952-47D1-8D91-B9E150AFD07E.jpeg
72175341-D74F-4BCD-86B5-7476568C1EED.jpeg 😀 lucky it had 100% charge just plugged it in quicky at home also to check the gen 3 charger etc the app also activated with in 30 minutes. Im over the moon with it, i would suggest watching all the tutorial video in your tesla app charging etc as its fairly daunting when you first get in and im young and fairly good with technology but even im still learning its worth the wait no issues with the car picked up paint/gaps etc