Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is quite a difference from the 317 miles advertised on the website.
but like I said, the car uses the EPA rating (used in USA) as its mileage estimate rather than the european WLTP, EPA is always lower, if you look on the US website, the M3 RWD is rated for 272 miles. WLTP is a very optimistic view based on very specific criteria and is completely unrealistic in the real world.

Posted on Facebook - view from the Queen Mary, docked in Southampton. Nabucco load?

View attachment 738326
1638181340456.png

My standard range Yaris is here 🤩 🎉

If you choose the aero wheels then the range changes to 317 miles
Just to add in here on just a straight fact, the aero wheel covers do very little in terms of range. Most people that have tested have seen little to no difference with them on or off.

The big change is from 19inch wheels to 18inch wheels - this has nothing to do with the design of the aero wheels - this would happen with any car going from 19 to 18 - this is weight / tyre differences which has the big impact. Also lightly linked with wheel rotation difference also - which would be superficial.

Just to add in here on just a straight fact, the aero wheel covers do very little in terms of range. Most people that have tested have seen little to no difference with them on or off.

The big change is from 19inch wheels to 18inch wheels - this has nothing to do with the design of the aero wheels - this would happen with any car going from 19 to 18 - this is weight / tyre differences which has the big impact. Also lightly linked with wheel rotation difference also - which would be superficial.
Yeah, I agree, I was just wondering about the difference between what's advertised and the real world.

To set realistic expectations when it comes to range I genuinely recommend downloading "A Better Route Planner" off the app store. They've recently included the new 60kwh Model 3 also and the estimations themselves are very accurate you can set different parameters like charge level, temperature, weather etc

You're not gonna get anywhere near the range that's claimed btw, knock about 100km/60miles off it before you get into what is actually capable in real world driving

Just had the "available earlier than expected" text - from original collection on 11 Dec I have been offered 8, 9, 10. Can't make 8 or 9, but now booked in on Friday 10th at 4pm if any forum members are around?
Hmmmm. David, can I ask if you were one of the few that got the bad weather text message?

I had that text, they then said reschedule.... which i did (for an earlier time than I originally had). Then they got in touch over this weekend and said they ****ed up, car isnt in Bluewater until the 8th @ 8pm and earliest I could pick up is the 9th.

Now I wonder if thats altering again?

Hi all,

Future owner here, ordered a M3 LR in October through the EV scheme at work, got confirmation from Tesla with the RN on 11/11, can't see my order on my Tesla account which I understand is normal due to ordering from a lease company (and according to the message from Tesla). Got another text 22/11 with the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" I took this as a generic your car is on order but we're still working out when it'll be delivered.. . When I ordered it said Dec 2021 on their website, but I think the lease company have been slow, so guess it'll be later.. .

In a bit of dilema as I sold my car while the 2nd hand car prices were inflated and the lease company said they can get me an advanced rental if I give them 2 weeks notice, I just know with my luck I'll get them to sort that and my actual car will arrive, so holding out doing this at the moment as I have access to a pool car from work (a 22kwh BMW i3 🤢)

A couple of questions from your experience:
  • Does the "Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated" actually mean anything? Could the car arrive sooner?
  • Is there anyway to find out if I have a VIN number? As I don't have an order on my Tesla account I guess not.. .
I think I'll hold out another week or 2 to hear more, but will definately need something with more than 60 miles of range over the Christmas period 😂