Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo...finally picked up my M3 and all ok (so far)...

Did notice something though 🤔, could all owners check the rubber seal for the rear screen by the powered strut of the boot...it's shorter than the right side...I checked multiple Tesla's on-site and they all have the same cut out but it looks odd to me as water will run down the side when it rains...Tesla did change the rubber seal and put holes in it so water doesn't drip in the trunk when the boot is open...would be interesting to know if everyone has the same thing...wondering whether I should put it as a service request it looks so odd to me 😬

Was relieved the USB C and wireless charging bits were installed, also newer style rear lights, rear mudflaps in boot and all cables...5 miles on clock with 45% charge and 137m range showing...

Collection was very quick with loads of Tesla's on site at Thorpe Park...CS said there were 140 pickups Saturday which is the most she'd ever seen so the push for end or year has begun...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211220-070937_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-070937_Gallery.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20211220-070923_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-070923_Gallery.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20211220-070839_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-070839_Gallery.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20211220-070235_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-070235_Gallery.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20211219-154917_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219-154917_Gallery.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 57
Collection 10am tomorrow lads, still doesn’t feel real 😅
Best of luck with it. The only thing I have picked up since is that there is a slight whistling sound when the air con is on. Going to get it looked at after Christmas. Not too bad but noticable. When you are testing things out make sure you but it on full bore and see if you have a similar issue.

Reactions: dave8089
Did notice something though 🤔, could all owners check the rubber seal for the rear screen by the powered strut of the boot...it's shorter than the right side...I checked multiple Tesla's on-site and they all have the same cut out but it looks odd to me as water will run down the side when it rains...Tesla did change the rubber seal and put holes in it so water doesn't drip in the trunk when the boot is open...would be interesting to know if everyone has the same thing...wondering whether I should put it as a service request it looks so odd to me 😬
It's standard. It is different on that side so the powered strut doesn't foul it. On older cars, before the powered boot became standard, the seal is the same on both sides.

Reactions: Paule
Tesla V5C arrived over the weekend, tax refund arrived today from DVLA. So all really quick, 5 days. Envelope with cheque looks a bit like a circular letter! Almost junked it, then I saw SA99 on the back.
Don’t forget to end any warranties you have on old vehicle.

Reactions: JonP73
Best of luck with it. The only thing I have picked up since is that there is a slight whistling sound when the air con is on. Going to get it looked at after Christmas. Not too bad but noticable. When you are testing things out make sure you but it on full bore and see if you have a similar issue.
All good lads, it wasn’t particularly clean or valeted so they took it in and gave it a once I’d inspected it.

@Paule I noticed that rubber seal too, they said it’s standard and I looked at all the other cars that were there they all had it.

I’ve the usb and wireless charger working but I have the older rear lights so I’m a little butt hurt about that tbh!

Software updating now then back up to Dublin.

Hit the road for a spin and a supercharge - it’s amazing!

Hey guys got my new car today I love it, haven't noticed any defects or anything but one thing I've just thought of having read this is that I just handed my V5 in with the 2 spare keys on my trade in but I never actually signed it.

It has completely slipped my mind until now, so has anyone who traded a car in actually signed it?

Hey guys got my new car today I love it, haven't noticed any defects or anything but one thing I've just thought of having read this is that I just handed my V5 in with the 2 spare keys on my trade in but I never actually signed it.

It has completely slipped my mind until now, so has anyone who traded a car in actually signed it?
If my memory serves me correctly I don’t think you do sign it when you trade a car in. From what I recall the car is marked as transferred into the motor trade with DVLA by the dealership and then when it’s marked as leaving the motor trade when sold then that triggers a new V5 to be sent to the new owner.

Might be wrong though as it’s been a while since I traded a car in!

I don't think there's anything to sign, but there's a section that you're supposed to tear off, complete and post to the DVLA to notify them of the transfer. (Not the new keeper slip, that needs to stay attached to the V5C as they'll need to give it to the buyer when they sell it on. There's a separate section for transfering to someone in the motor trade.)

Or better - particularly in these times of COVID delays - you can notify DVLA online. However, not sure if you'll be able to do that without the paper section (at least, unless you happen to have a photocopy of your V5C) as I think it might need the document reference number.

If you're not able to do either of the above, then write a letter to the DVLA informing them of the transfer and/or phone them up and ask what the best way to proceed is. Never rely on the dealer to inform the DVLA on your behalf - always make sure you notify the DVLA that you have transfered the vehicle.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Tesla won't notify the DVLA, but it's your responsibility, and it's in your interest to make sure you're no longer the registered keeper. It happened to me in the past where a dealer assured me they'd notify the DVLA, but didn't. The first I knew of it was the DVLA contacting me saying my road tax on my old car was overdue for renewal.

Last edited: