Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received this notification in the Tesla app. I was not expecting delivery until February. If I wanted to take delivery in the second half of January, what should I do with this? Do I hit the 'Im ready' button and negotiate a delivery date or hang fire until February? All as bit confusing for a noobie!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211222-094540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222-094540_Chrome.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 113
I just received this notification in the Tesla app. I was not expecting delivery until February. If I wanted to take delivery in the second half of January, what should I do with this? Do I hit the 'Im ready' button and negotiate a delivery date or hang fire until February? All as bit confusing for a noobie!
This happened to me a week after i ordered my M3LR - i gave them a call and the chap said that i could click the button to take it off hold but it likely wouldnt speed things up. Maybe give them a bell and see what they say.

Used your check list and it's great, Thanks! ...it does allow you to take a step back, calm down and look at the car methodically as most people are just looking all over the place and missing things as want to drive away ASAP...only took about 30-minutes checking off the list so left there confident of no collection problems!
Thanks for this link. Picking my SR tommorrow at 12 at parl royal. I'm feeling a title overwhelmed with what to check having watched tons of videos. This list is just amazing.

This happened to me a week after i ordered my M3LR - i gave them a call and the chap said that i could click the button to take it off hold but it likely wouldnt speed things up. Maybe give them a bell and see what they say.
Thanks! I can live with a February delivery, but January night be nice. It just isn't clear exactly what this all means. Maybe calling the Tesla team is best.

Reactions: khew1988
If your profile is half completed, system puts your order on hold the next week. If you kept trade-in offer open and wait for delivery date (like me) it will put you on hold in 1 month. System put me on hold 2 days ago since I didn't accept the trade-in offer (so just accept it). I have read from the forum that putting you "on hold" pushes you to the end of the queue. Hopefully that is not the case, since that means we will receive it in March (not February) :oops:

If your profile is half completed, system puts your order on hold the next week. If you kept trade-in offer open and wait for delivery date (like me) it will put you on hold in 1 month. System put me on hold 2 days ago since I didn't accept the trade-in offer (so just accept it). I have read from the forum that putting you "on hold" pushes you to the end of the queue. Hopefully that is not the case, since that means we will receive it in March (not February) :oops:
OK. Thanks for that!

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Yeah I’ve been following the forums since the day I ordered (4th Oct) and haven’t seen anything that worries me - seems to be mainly scratches and minor stuff. Biggest concern is lack of USB and wireless charging but it looks like Tesla are going to retrofit as they get parts so even that isn’t a massive worry.
I am a bit anxious about the performance and instant torque and how long it takes to get used to - worried I’m going to instantly rear end someone whilst pulling away from lights etc - and as I’m coming from a 1.5l diesel Focus I think the difference is going to feel staggering / awesome / frightening all at once!

Yeah I’ve been following the forums since the day I ordered (4th Oct) and haven’t seen anything that worries me - seems to be mainly scratches and minor stuff. Biggest concern is lack of USB and wireless charging but it looks like Tesla are going to retrofit as they get parts so even that isn’t a massive worry.
I am a bit anxious about the performance and instant torque and how long it takes to get used to - worried I’m going to instantly rear end someone whilst pulling away from lights etc - and as I’m coming from a 1.5l diesel Focus I think the difference is going to feel staggering / awesome / frightening all at once!
You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it to be honest. Just take it steady and get a feel for the car.... If you do end up underestimating it, at least whilst you move your foot from the accelerator to the brake the car has already started braking for you 😎😎

I don't know if you have driven an Auto before.. but whatever you do, don't use your left foot! Muscle memory will make you slam the brake to the floor thinking its a clutch :D

• Funny
Reactions: Advocate and Fox86
Thanks. I have spoken with the deliveries team at Tesla. There has been a delay in ALD (the lease/finance provider) updating my account due to the volume of orders they are trying to ear before the end of the year. I have removed the hold and they have confirmed I am still in the queue for delivery in February and should expect further updates early next year.

Reactions: MoSkeeto
I am a bit anxious about the performance and instant torque and how long it takes to get used to - worried I’m going to instantly rear end someone whilst pulling away from lights etc - and as I’m coming from a 1.5l diesel Focus I think the difference is going to feel staggering / awesome / frightening all at
Morning all, long time lurker here. Delivery day is today, I’ve heard nothing yet though, except a text yesterday about the missing USBs, is that normal!?
There was no need to worry really, call came in at 10.30 this morning and car arrived a couple of hours later. All great, still not showing in my app though, when does the waiting end! 😂

Use chill mode until you get use to it if you are worried.

I felt the same way so set driving to chill mode when leaving collection center...was still pretty fast but of a more of a controlled gradual pick-up so no surprises...stayed in this mode for a whole day till I got used to the driving dynamics and controls...next day headed to the M1 motorway then set to standard mode from Watford to Brent cross...tried 30mph to 70mph foot to floor and OMG it was crazy fast (M3 LR)...the change from chill to standard mode is like night and day...pickup was so fast and instant there was some disorientation due to the Gforce/speed, so be careful!

Reactions: Advocate
Hey everyone, picking up the 24th or the 29 of December I live in kent and they are asking me to pick it up from Manchester is that a normal request they said they will cover up to £100 pounds for me to travel up which doesn't cover the cost of getting up there on the train I asked if they would charge it for my return journey they said no but I can pay to charge it before I leave the tesla rep I spoke to was super rude and just don't like it we will just sell the car to somebody else

On another note, anyone who picked up a LR recently do you have the option to purchase the performance upgrade? I still don't have it :confused:
Mine was there from the minute that I collected the car. Just wondering, Is it a lease? I seem to remember reading somewhere that with a lease you don’t have these options as you are effectively set up as an additional driver.

Could be wrong though as I did read it on the internet

Reactions: ShiftySuperior