Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my telephone call from Tesla today confirming I still want to collect the car on Thursday (doh!) and that I’ve watched all the videos (about a hundred times!)

Seems the closer it gets the more slowly time moves…
Less than 5 hours to go for me. Planning on being at the Trafford Centre by about 11.00am which is slightly early, but not by much. Check list at the ready!

Reactions: JonP73
If my memory serves me correctly I don’t think you do sign it when you trade a car in. From what I recall the car is marked as transferred into the motor trade with DVLA by the dealership and then when it’s marked as leaving the motor trade when sold then that triggers a new V5 to be sent to the new owner.

Might be wrong though as it’s been a while since I traded a car in!
Exactly right, you should get a letter from the DVLA within 14 days confirming you no longer own it.

When I sold mine in to Trade Centre UK they did it online and gave me the print out from the DVLA there and then, sounds like Tesla don‘t do this even though It takes like 30 seconds.

Exactly right, you should get a letter from the DVLA within 14 days confirming you no longer own it.

When I sold mine in to Trade Centre UK they did it online and gave me the print out from the DVLA there and then, sounds like Tesla don‘t do this even though It takes like 30 seconds.
Yeah they pretty much acted as though I was putting them out by being there. If I didn't love the car so much I'd probably be a bit disappointed by the collection experience.

They just asked me to take a picture of the mileage on my trade in, looked at the picture, took the keys and v5 and pretty much said right f*@k off hahaha not quite but it was literally; the car is open, keys are in the glovebox, your free to leave when your ready.

So in my haste I just did as I was told and didnt think about the V5! So I have no receipt or anything, only thing going for me is that Tesla is a big reputable company so I will trust they do the right thing for now!

What I would say is a positive about all of this is, if your trading your car in.. dont bother to wash it like I did and I probably wouldn't worry about scratches or dents showing up after your valuation. Also I had but almost 2000 miles on my trade in since valuation and it didnt seem to bother them!

They just asked me to take a picture of the mileage on my trade in, looked at the picture, took the keys and v5 and pretty much said right f*@k off hahaha not quite but it was literally; the car is open, keys are in the glovebox, your free to leave when your ready.
In these days of Omicron that's exactly what I want. (And no doubt what they want, too)

So in my haste I just did as I was told and didnt think about the V5! So I have no receipt or anything, only thing going for me is that Tesla is a big reputable company so I will trust they do the right thing for now!
To be fair, it sounds like things have moved on a bit since I last did this. With everything being online these days, there should be far less risk of clerical errors, too.

I sold my old car to Cazoo before they gave me a lift <1 mile up the road to Thorpe Park to get the Tesla (I was planning to walk, but it was raining and they offered a lift!).

Just handed them the V5C and they said they'd deal with everything, no receipt or anything - got a refund on the rest of the 'road tax' by cheque a few days after, then the day after that another DVLA letter saying it's been transferred to a new owner.

Saves faffing around with bits of paper, and since they paid the money pretty much immediately, didn't really think twice about arguing over paperwork!!

Got the M3 Saturday 18 Dec! 👐🥳

Had 2 passing kids knock my door
yesterday, out of the blue, complimenting me on how much they liked the Tesla M3 LR in the driveway! ....also, had the Hermes delivery lady complimenting me on the Tesla when dropping off a package today...😲 OMG!!!

My missus has a Nissan Leaf Tekna and I had a 76K fully specced out Audi Q7 with every extra! side skirts, wheels, sunroof etc (happily sold for M3) and never in the 4&2 years we'd owned those vehicles had anyone randomly compliment us in such a way regarding these vehicles...

Took it for a spin on the M1 motorway and couldn't believe the smooth ride (Aero wheels) and the astronomical speed from kickdown...I felt no other car could touch me besides seeing another Tesla roll by... stayed within the speed limits but getting to 70 was a blast...

I mentioned in a previous post that Tesla has this "je ne sais quoi" why people want one...Tesla has it's faults but there's something that you just love about their vehicles and the way they do things, it's a love-hate relationship but not bad enough for you too ever want to break up...and as such, I now proclaim myself officially, a Tesla fanboy! 🥳🕺

How many other new M3 owners now feel that going to any other vehicle manufacturer is a no no! or on the other side, felt they have made a mistake! 🤔

Had the car for two weeks now. I've had lots of people ask about the car, compliment it and ask lots of questions about what its like to drive/network etc.

Most people are really interested. Which is good. I'm happy to answer their questions.

I have to say though I've definitely come across quite few "Richard Heads" that try to race me or get up my backside more than normal. I love the fact I know I could probably out pace most cars if I wanted to. I just use the power mostly to overtake on the motorway.

Yeah they pretty much acted as though I was putting them out by being there. If I didn't love the car so much I'd probably be a bit disappointed by the collection experience.

What I would say is a positive about all of this is, if your trading your car in.. dont bother to wash it like I did and I probably wouldn't worry about scratches or dents showing up after your valuation. Also I had but almost 2000 miles on my trade in since valuation and it didnt seem to bother them!
Same happened to me. I sold via Carwow (Wizzle) and had an extra 1000 miles on. The guy turned up, just said he is picking up. Checking the car very quickly. I showed some marks but he wasn't interested. Just wanted the keys on V5 and left after I was paid. Got what I asked for too. Like you said, I didn't even bother washing the car, I didn't have time.

How many other new M3 owners now feel that going to any other vehicle manufacturer is a no no!
I'm afraid that feeling isn't restricted to M3 owners. There is nothing else out there that offers the same overall package IMO. I'm on my second MS and have a test drive of an Audi etron GT this week. It's slower, less range, has a boring interior, not as much tech - nothing going for it really. I'm driving it becasuse the dealer said why don''t I take it out whilst he's finalising my daughters collection of her new car.

Attempting to bring this roughly back on track, I'm enjoying reading all these collection posts :)

I'm afraid that feeling isn't restricted to M3 owners. There is nothing else out there that offers the same overall package IMO. I'm on my second MS and have a test drive of an Audi etron GT this week. It's slower, less range, has a boring interior, not as much tech - nothing going for it really. I'm driving it becasuse the dealer said why don''t I take it out whilst he's finalising my daughters collection of her new car.

Attempting to bring this roughly back on track, I'm enjoying reading all these collection posts :)
😅 no probs...was on this thread reading so long I just automatically posted on here due to the excitement 😆...should have put on collection and delivery experiences etc...thanks to all in this thread which is a testament to the 600+ posts...a great source of information which made the pending delivery more bearable, so glad my waiting time is over though! hope all goes well for everyone else...enjoy!

Had the car for two weeks now. I've had lots of people ask about the car, compliment it and ask lots of questions about what its like to drive/network etc.

Most people are really interested. Which is good. I'm happy to answer their questions.

I have to say though I've definitely come across quite few "Richard Heads" that try to race me or get up my backside more than normal. I love the fact I know I could probably out pace most cars if I wanted to. I just use the power mostly to overtake on the motorway.
So right - I’ve had a fair few want to race me also and somewhat childishly ive pulled away when I got fed up of the tailgating. RS5 couldn’t keep up. Its stupidly fast let’s be honest.

No worries. If you don’t have a checklist yet then you’re free to use mine 😉
Tesla Inspect UK - it’s quite extensive (maybe too much so) but it saves you missing anything 🙂
Used your check list and it's great, Thanks! ...it does allow you to take a step back, calm down and look at the car methodically as most people are just looking all over the place and missing things as want to drive away ASAP...only took about 30-minutes checking off the list so left there confident of no collection problems!

Used your check list and it's great, Thanks! ...it does allow you to take a step back, calm down and look at the car methodically as most people are just looking all over the place and missing things as want to drive away ASAP...only took about 30-minutes checking off the list so left there confident of no collection problems!
Glad you found it useful!

I am very much the kind of person that you describe and if it wasn't for the list I would have glanced over and got in it and gone home. It was well worth the time and money I invested in it, and its great to see others are finding it as useful :)

Reactions: Paule