Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20220914_192732.jpg

Alternate Routes works but the destination must be reachable without any supercharging stops.

There's been talk of months of Tesla bringing in Bluetooth controller support, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's a bit ridiculous in my opinion that they keep adding games and stuff yet the only single port you can actually play them on is one that is dedicated for your sentry, tucked away in the glovebox.
but what about simple USB hub?!

The alternative routes are available if they are deemed viable alternatives. Quite what metrics are used to be deemed viable are unknown.

For anyone with this update, who is uncertain about whether this feature is available for them, I'd suggest navigating to a further away destination that can be accessed via different main roads in a similar amount of time/distance.
yeah... so guide is directly via my usual route, which is 2.5 hrs vs alternative which I would never ever take, and which is 3hr 20 minutes. yet alternative to go all way via M1 via Leeds instead of detour via M18 and A1(M) is not as alternative, which is only 10 minutes longer.

It blows my mind. HOWEVER, some apps provide only such two alternative routes to my work place, and they also use the google maps for this.

anyway, very very strange.

Last edited:
Does anyone suspect that the rumoured Bluetooth support (as green has stated, the code has already been added) isn’t going to come anytime soon? Odd that they are now allowing newer cars to get the games with the glovebox USB port when the previous reason was that it wouldn’t be a good user experience.. just seems odd but this is Tesla and they work in mysterious ways.. lol

Does anyone suspect that the rumoured Bluetooth support (as green has stated, the code has already been added) isn’t going to come anytime soon? Odd that they are now allowing newer cars to get the games with the glovebox USB port when the previous reason was that it wouldn’t be a good user experience.. just seems odd but this is Tesla and they work in mysterious ways.. lol
Tesla Wireless controller in the store for Christmas would make sense. Maybe the Holiday release will then include the also promised Steam ?

Reactions: simon_rb
Apologies for the silly question, but is everyone here being offered 28.x on the 'Advanced' updates channel?
Keen to remain on the 'Stable'/'Normal' release path as a best practice for a 'production' car, Tesla doesn't pay me to become a beta-tester :D

Maybe the Holiday release will then include the also promised Steam ?

Yep, I think that's a certain. It is just the kinda headline feature Tesla like for the holiday release. I also think wireless controller support will be linked to this, the Steam codebase has the configuration options needed to customise the controller and would save Tesla the bother.

Apologies for the silly question, but is everyone here being offered 28.x on the 'Advanced' updates channel?
Keen to remain on the 'Stable'/'Normal' release path as a best practice for a 'production' car, Tesla doesn't pay me to become a beta-tester :D
No-one has noticed any difference to roll-out of updates whether or not you are on advanced. You'll get the update when Tesla decide you'll get the update. I usually wait a week or so after being offered an update to see if there are any serious bugs - or better still fixes - before I install. Thankfully there are plenty of newbies desperate to get the latest update to provide the beta testing :)

Reactions: Roy B
On the alternative routes description, it says traffic is only shown with premium connectivity. Is Tesla saying that any navigation and dynamic re-routing only happens with premium connectivity, or do us tight gits who won't pay an additional £10 a month on a £43k car have to just sit in traffic jams??

You may think that’s not the only person on this thread to be banned today, let’s just say it’s still a case only one actual person has been banned. Decision taken above me.

On the alternative routes description, it says traffic is only shown with premium connectivity. Is Tesla saying that any navigation and dynamic re-routing only happens with premium connectivity, or do us tight gits who won't pay an additional £10 a month on a £43k car have to just sit in traffic jams??
run the hotspot ;)

Nope, online route finding and traffic updates are free. The premium traffic just relates to visualisations of traffic.

IE a car without premium connectivity should still avoid traffic when figuring out a route, but it just won’t show the live traffic visuals.

No, you get traffic routing regardless. It always used to be, and I presume still is the case, that the traffic visuals are from google, and a completely different source of data is used for the routing, and no premium is needed for the latter. It also explains why you sometimes see a wierd diversion with nothing showing on google maps - it's because google don't know about the incident, or it's since been cleared, and the data feed for the nav still thinks there is a problem. On the basis the nav doesn't use google traffic info, I'd assume it still shows the appropriate times for the journey with traffic even without premium

Reactions: David T