Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
25.1 seems to have stopped sleeping like it thinks sentry mode is on, but I have tried switching it on and off as well as doing a two button reset.
Poor mobile coverage here, so even with sentry mode on, I can't use the live view, but perhaps the server is trying and failing to start a stream which is keeping the car awake...

Just done a decent drive.

Auto turn signal is amazing. Didn’t think I’d care about it but it works great, signal stays on for the whole lane change and only requires a soft push! Soft push also keeps the indicator on which I find useful for most scenarios. Interested to hear if other like that it does that.

Love the new nav layout, much easier to follow.

Auto wipers worked fine for me.

Autopilot also works fine (no phantoms) and the car definitely moves slight over to the right when passing lorries now.

Having media controls near driver is awesome too. Love swiping up and having a few extra controls right beside you. It does suck for passengers though but my other half got used to pushing the Spotify button.

Overall happy with the update.

Just done a decent drive.

Auto turn signal is amazing. Didn’t think I’d care it works great, signal stays on for the whole lane change and only requires a soft push!

Love the new nav layout, much easier to follow.

Auto wipers worked fine for me.

Autopilot also works fine (no phantoms) and the car definitely moves slight over to the right when passing lorries now.

Having media controls near driver is awesome too. Love swiping up and having a few extra controls right beside you. It does suck for passengers though but my other half got used to pushing the Spotify button.

Overall happy with the update.
I was going to mention the auto-cancelling indicators. I’ve actually ended up turning this feature off. The issue I found is if you indicate as you come off a roundabout, even if just a ”single” push, the indicator will stay on until manually cancelled. With most of my manual driving done around town, I was finding I kept having to switch off the indicator, as it no longer does a 3 blink and off through a single push. It’s a pity Tesla haven’t programmed this situation into the auto-cancelling behaviour.

25.1 seems to have stopped sleeping like it thinks sentry mode is on, but I have tried switching it on and off as well as doing a two button reset.
Poor mobile coverage here, so even with sentry mode on, I can't use the live view, but perhaps the server is trying and failing to start a stream which is keeping the car awake...
I'm having this problem as well I'll do another 2 button reset if I can be bothered going out in the cold. After that are we stuck waiting for the next update /fix?

I was going to mention the auto-cancelling indicators. I’ve actually ended up turning this feature off. The issue I found is if you indicate as you come off a roundabout, even if just a ”single” push, the indicator will stay on until manually cancelled. With most of my manual driving done around town, I was finding I kept having to switch off the indicator, as it no longer does a 3 blink and off through a single push. It’s a pity Tesla haven’t programmed this situation into the auto-cancelling behaviour.
I haven’t turned mine off yet, but I’ve noticed the same. It’s great for turning on to roads and changing lanes, but for roundabouts etc where it want to indicate left to show what exit you’re taking you get the behaviour that you describe.

The only way around it seems to be to simply not indicate left for the lane you’re taking, which is poor roadcraft to be honest (even though it’s common) as you’ll still be indicating right as you take the exit.

I haven’t turned mine off yet, but I’ve noticed the same. It’s great for turning on to roads and changing lanes, but for roundabouts etc where it want to indicate left to show what exit you’re taking you get the behaviour that you describe.

The only way around it seems to be to simply not indicate left for the lane you’re taking, which is poor roadcraft to be honest (even though it’s common) as you’ll still be indicating right as you take the exit.
I wonder if 25.1 and 25.2 are ironing out bugs before a full release later this week

I'm having this problem as well I'll do another 2 button reset if I can be bothered going out in the cold. After that are we stuck waiting for the next update /fix?
I managed to get it to go back to sleep.
I had to disconnect the charger; turn off the Powerline WiFi extender in the garage; charger back in; Wifi back on.
Now it's sleeping again :)
Admittedly I also switched from Three 4G to Starlink, so perhaps it only likes sleeping with an Elon data connection ;)

Reactions: Sparky750
I managed to get it to go back to sleep.
I had to disconnect the charger; turn off the Powerline WiFi extender in the garage; charger back in; Wifi back on.
Now it's sleeping again :)
Admittedly I also switched from Three 4G to Starlink, so perhaps it only likes sleeping with an Elon data connection ;)

I tried another 2 button reset and it seems to have solved the issue now 🤞

Reactions: meavydev
I’m also a big fan of the auto indicators. Roundabout behaviour can be a little annoying but overall it’s excellent.

I’ve also noticed that auto recognition of stored signs seems better in this release. For the last two years, a 50 to National (60) change sign near me has been completely ignored, even when the auto recognition feature released. Clearly a mapping data error that wasn’t overwritten by the auto sign recognition.

Been past it three times since the update and it’s switched to 60 each time.