Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
44.25.2 update obscure features and itsybitsy stuff:
- Map shows road name and the respective town or village it passes thro (bottom left corner) - very helpful if you want to know the place & road name etc.,

- Auto cancel signal- great once activated but you lose the convenience of 3 blinks and stop. And on round abouts and exit roads to cancel it automatically is a chore. You have to strongly move the steering the other side and that makes it bit uncomfortable for the passengers.

- In car camera features- ? NA if there is no premium connectivity. Would like to try and see whether this can be activated while driving or available only in dog mode.

- Expected zoom call features but I guess that is part of next updates - and understand it is US only! Cmon Tesla, not fair.

Reactions: JamiePP
Just turned on auto indicator tonight but didn’t realise you lose the 3 blinks & stop feature. Will have to try that experience, I imagine my wife will moan at that loss and want auto turned off.
I don’t know as I haven’t tried it yet but I presume it can be set separately for each profile. If so, you and your wife can have different settings.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsBlacknWhite
Sorry team can’t face reading 23 pages!

I’ve got the update (44.25.2) earlier this week and there’s a few nice mainly cosmetic changes. I really like the fact that trip and tyre pressures are back at the bottom right corner if you swipe right, like it was a few years ago. Emissions mode from the phone will be a giggle as my wife often uses my car… 💨🤣
Edit. I forgot to mention the indicators, that new auto thing is complete rubbish for me. I’m quite capable of deciding whether I want three indications or fully on myself!

I haven’t seen it documented anywhere, but it feels like the car is faster or throttle response is better perhaps. Not massively, but enough to note.
Anyone else had the same experience?

Last edited:
- Auto cancel signal- great once activated but you lose the convenience of 3 blinks and stop. And on round abouts and exit roads to cancel it automatically is a chore. You have to strongly move the steering the other side and that makes it bit uncomfortable for the passengers.
I've decided that I'm going to turn off Auto Indicators if i'm just sticking to local London roads and not going on the motorway (which isn't that often tbf). I really liked it when I went out of the city at the weekend (first time using it) but since then in regular London driving, it's only useful 40% of the time whereas on carriage ways I'd say it's useful 90% of the time.

It is nice to have the choice though.

So many people seem to think that Tesla make undocumented changes to things like AutoPilot, Wipers, Headlights even performance.

Why would they? Why would there be developers making continuous small changes that don't actually improve anything on a software stack that is no longer their focus. Please just accept that different conditions on different days means you have slightly different experiences.

As far as I can tell AutoPilot has had no measurable change since the UNECE required changes in 2019.16 (that includes when it switched to not using radar), wipers also last updated in 2019.40.11 and auto high beam are the same as they were when Model 3 first arrived in the UK.

• Disagree
Reactions: H43lio and Tigermad
So many people seem to think that Tesla make undocumented changes to things like AutoPilot, Wipers, Headlights even performance.

Why would they? Why would there be developers making continuous small changes that don't actually improve anything on a software stack that is no longer their focus. Please just accept that different conditions on different days means you have slightly different experiences.

As far as I can tell AutoPilot has had no measurable change since the UNECE required changes in 2019.16 (that includes when it switched to not using radar), wipers also last updated in 2019.40.11 and auto high beam are the same as they were when Model 3 first arrived in the UK.

There is a marked improvement in the auto headlights for sure, so don't think the above is true.

I suspect it's more about bug fixing than anything else.

I disagree, I regularly make a cross country journey in the dark using AHB and there really hasn't been any difference I can determine.
Mine no longer thinks reflective road signs are cars, big change :) - I'm still in my 2019 M3P for the moment, so maybe the improvement is more noticeable on an older car?

Wipers have never really been an issue for me when there is light about, different story in the dark.

Reactions: Adopado
2021 M3LR

New update has lead to me losing autopilot which I think has been brought on due to the camera not currently seeing any vehicles (it just sees the lines on the road)

Anyone else had the same?

I’m in the middle of a camera calibration but not done enough miles yet to complete grr

Have to disagree with you there. I’ve had my car over two years now and I’ve noticed several minor background changes that aren’t in the official change log. The Phantom breaking issue is nothing like it was I first got the car. I don’t remember that ever being flagged as a change.

The extra speed may well be related to the warmer temperatures, but it does feel subtly more pokey at low speed 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm super impressed with the improvement in AHB. It now spots distant headlamps even amongst other light sources, amongst many other improvements.

Even as recently as the first update that forced AHB on when in Autopilot I found them unusable, but recently I find them nearly perfect.

Wipers on the other hand: this update has a nice feature that slows them down in extremely poor visibility (say when passing a truck on a soaked road) then speeds them up once into relatively clear air. And you cannot turn auto wipers off in AP, even temporarily!

Reactions: Tigermad
What app is the screenshot from? I'd LOVE to be able to use TACC (and ideally AP) without the wipers being force enabled.